If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This week in ink!

Comments

• And then Harry'd join the Trench Coat Brigade. 

• But it's a duster, not a trenchcoat!
  • I'm a damn twisted person

Only if Murphy and Shining Knight get to team up as well. 

• You can change. You can.

Reading Asterios Polyp just after reading Understanding Comics creates such a great feeling precisely because Mazzuchelli explores almost every idea and concept that McCloud proposes with deft skill and with a great degree of passion for the form as well as the characters he’s writing.

With that said, the last few pages might seriously be one of the worst things I have ever seen in terms of how to end the story.

but bad endings are common. magnificent stories are not.

Man I keep thinking it’s Wednesday and looking at /rs/ for Captain Marvel #1

let's invent a time machine guys
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

For Captain Marvel #1, I might actually have to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

send me a link tomorrow please ;-;

didn't think you'd be interested

anyway, yeah, as soon as I find it, I'll hand it to you.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I don't know if I'm interested. That's why I'll give it a shot.

Well you can check out the latest Avenging Spider-Man. It's by the same writer and it's pretty much a preview for the character, really.

Yeah, but downloading and opening and fuck that.

and how do you intend to read Captain Marvel, I ask?

By getting my brother to do all the work, obviously. :|

well get your brother to do all the work with the other one too!

oh well you do what you want

you're missing out on Peter and Carol broing it up, though.

He's at school today. He can't open them.

But what if you download...

both

at the same time tomorrow

and then you get to watch Carol punch things

twice

That would be pointless, I wouldn't need a preview then.

but you'd get a good story. 

But when I read Spiderman, I wanna read about Spiderman, not Spiderman and other heroes.

...eh whatever do ya want.

plus hyphen. hypens are important. spidey wouldn't approve of you lack of hyphens

anyway Whedon and Cassaday's X-Men just did an homage to my favourite Byrne art ever :3

help

i’m reading an spider-man shoujo manga

and it’s cute

i can’t like cute things guys

help me please

see what you've done to me alk?!

SEE?!?

wut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_Loves_Mary_Jane

^ basically this exists and i'm reading it and it's adorable as fuck

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm guessing that was released before One More Day?

• I'm a damn twisted person

It ran before and after. 

Juan - shush you watch kids cartoons. It's okay to like cute things. If anything Spider-man Loves Mary Jane proves my point. The big problem with shoujo manga isn't the content, but the weird ass panel layouts. 

i watch manly kids cartoons like k-on, though

• edited 2012-07-17 22:45:53

Weird panel layouts aren't a problem with shoujo manga specifically.  It's more like... most people who write/draw manga apparently don't actually know how to make comics so they have awful panel layouts and whatnot, and it shows up in every kind of manga ever, not just shoujo (except I guess 4-koma manga, but it's kind of impossible to screw that up).

So who wants to quote McCloud here?

• You, probably.