If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This week in ink!

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Ms. Marvel #22 and #23: This arc has a lot to do with backstory I'm not familiar with, and I'm not sure I'm entirely following everything. Doesn't help that issue 22 is pretty trippy at times and 23 mostly follows the other characters. It's not bad by any means. It's just not the series at its strongest.

Runaways #1: Good way to start off a series. Character introductions are the bulk of the issue, then BOOM, stuff happens. I feel like this would have been better if I didn't already know the premise of the series though. Seeing supervillains in their secret identities and around their kids is really interesting, and it's not something you see a lot of, so in that respect the series is already distinguishing itself pretty well.

• You can change. You can.

Faith in Monsters' conclusion's was incredibly fun with a holy shit that is fucking creepy ending. 

Caged Angels so far is building up the Norman Osborn character arc as he slowly loses again his sanity while inspecting Robbie "Penance" Baldwin's character as he's the only character with a true heroic background and yet he's the only one who's openly cutting himself in public in order to hurt and attack other people.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Well there is Songbird who tries to be a hero but has a lot of baggage. And Radioactive Man who seems more tired of all the nonsense than anything else. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I-I'm sorry Juan, did you say Spider-man?

^^ Yeah, heavy emphasis on "background".

^ I didn't. I said "Steel Spider, man"

...oh. I could have sworn you said Spider-man...

• edited 2012-07-14 01:38:52
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Runaways #2: Pretty much the "now what?" issue. I do like that the first thing they did was call the cops, but you'd think they'd at least try the Avengers line even if they weren't sure if it'd work. Then some neat investigative stuff, and a cliffhanger. The cliffhanger this time around is...much more WTF than in the first issue. Suddenly, a velociraptor with a nose ring!

Runaways #3: Supervillains apparently suck at advance planning if they recorded the message before giving their daughter the thing the message tells her she needs. But I'm nitpicking; overall this issue is as fun as the first two, and we get a lot more investigation stuff as the story slowly gets revealed. I'm really enjoying this series.

Dammit, I need to get a job or something so I can afford my comic book habits better >.>

...oh. I could have sworn you said Spider-man...

no, steel spider steel spider

Why would I say spider-man?

*loosens tie*

You are going to prepare to fight Spider-Man...Steel Spider. Steel Spider.

> you'd think they'd at least try the Avengers

Avengers are on the other side of the country though. I'm pretty sure it's before the 50 states initiative.

How do you get your hair to do that... thing it does Director Malk?

• edited 2012-07-14 01:45:15
    Avengers are on the other side of the country though. I'm pretty sure it's before the 50 states initiative

True. But the cop they called specifically mentions them, and then they don't follow up on it. I mean, it's not like placing a phone call takes significant effort or anything.

• edited 2012-07-14 01:49:32
    You can change. You can.

They didn't try the Avengers because they were disbanded, I think. 

^oh, huh. hrrn. well, that complicates the things.

From what I've figured, it was just that the Runaways are iconoclasts, really.

The way they talk about them seems to indicate otherwise, though I couldn't say for sure.

It comes a lot more often later when they actually meet superheroes.

I looked back over it, and it looks like the idea is that they want some evidence before they start making any more panicked phone calls. Makes sense.

Anyway:

Runaways #4: Yay, action sequence! That was pretty cool, even if the resolution was obvious well before the fight even happened. The ending of this issue pretty much blows away what little sympathy I had left for the villains, but given that I actually managed to maintain any up until the end of issue 4, that's nothing to complain about.

• edited 2012-07-14 02:07:09

Runaways #5: Oh, that was a bluff. Okay, then. Also, whoa, shipping payoff! That was kinda sudden and quick. Well, I guess they are teenagers. More fighting, and a good showcase of what an advantage being underestimated can be.

I am really liking this series. 

Runaways is good. It's overpraised, but it's enjoyable. 

Molly is the best character.

• edited 2012-07-14 02:17:01

Runaways #6: Good conclusion to the story arc. The kids are all united, they're forced to, well, run away, and they get a secret hideout and superhero names and...waitwaitwait...d-did they just imply that DC exists in the Marvel universe?

My mind is blown.

DC comics have always existed in Marvel. Read the first Spider-man comics and you can see Peter thinking about DC heroes while he tries to decide what to do as a superhero. 

Hmm, question, did Busiek comment on that in JLA/Avengers?

...huh.

• edited 2012-07-14 02:25:41
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Also, Clark Kent totally shows up in Walt Simonson's Thor run. Wrap your head around that one.

Hell, Death of the Endless showed up at Rick Jones' (Hulk's sidekick early on/ the guy responsible for turning Bruce into the Hulk) wedding. 

• The Endless are pretty good at doing what ever the hell they want though, so it's not THAT far fetched. 

You know, it bugs me that I was supporting the Deathstroke series, just cause it had plenty of potential and I liked the old series (that wrapped up in 98, I think) and I needed it for my Batman collection anyway, but they've gone and given the book to bloody Rob Liarfeld now and flushed all it's potential down the drain.

WHY DO DC CONTINUE TO GIVE THAT HORRID, VULGAR, PIECE OF SHIT ANY WORK?!

Cuz he sells, apparently.

It seriously weirds me out though. he's like the Uwe Boll of comics books or something

• a little muffled

His comics are only profitable because of a loophole in German tax law?

Yes. Totally. That's the only possibility

• Am I the only one who wants to see Harry Dresden go up against John Constantine?

They'd do a superhero team-up after a misunderstanding.