If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

This week in ink!

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Okay guys we all know Marvel will inevitably make a Thor sequel in a few years. How awesome would if be if Beta Ray Bill showed up? 

It's already announced (The movie, not Bill), but yeah, I'd be the happiest man in this dimension. 

Gonna read Spider-Man: Reign now.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Conductor! Don't do this to yourself.

• First issue was so disturbing.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    To be fair, I find Spider-man: Reign to be a better The Dark Knight Returns than TDKR was. Granted that is mostly because lol, not Miller's weird machismo and fascism and stand out scenes like Jonah as a street preacher, Sandman rembering his humanity and Doc Ock's arms carrying out his final desire.
  • I did really love Spider-Man: Reign. But it's marred only by such silly things in such serious contexts such as Spider-Dick and radioactive jizz.

I actuallly liked Reign back when I read it, but I just disagree with the principle and a lot of it felt strangely bizarre for the sake of being bizarre. Like, I can't see any progression of events that leads to Mayor Venom

This is the Marvel universe that put Norman Osborn in charge of national security. And the same Marvel that had Ronald Reagan turn into a lizard monster. And elect Jonah Jameson as mayor of New York.

Well the last one doesn't count. Aside from his hate-on for Spider-man and misguided allocation of city funds in the Spider-man capture police force(which actually helped out with a few other meta-human threats, so kinda justifying its existence), Jonah has been a pretty good mayor.

This is the Marvel universe that put Norman Osborn in charge of national security

to be fair, Osborn as DNS makes a frightening amount of sense considering war on terror hysteria plus Skrulls.

Skrulls everywhere

Also, does anyone know any good Miss Marvel stories?

Well there was that time she lost her powers to Rogue and Carol(and Claremont) called out the Avengers(and Marvel editorial) for how shitty they were to her when she was raped. There was also her solo series that ran from... Um I think 2006-2010? That was solid for Carol and gives the reader a good feel for her.

Really though, I think next month's launch of her new title with her as Captain Marvel and her guest starring on Avenging Spider-man will do a decent job introducing her to new readers.

Carol Danvers/Peter Parker is my favorite "why the hell not?" ship for Marvel.

Cass/Steph is my "why the hell not?" ship for DC.

Well there was that time she lost her powers to Rogue and Carol(and Claremont) called out the Avengers(and Marvel editorial) for how shitty they were to her when she was raped.

ewwww

There was also her solo series that ran from... Um I think 2006-2010? That was solid for Carol and gives the reader a good feel for her.

yusssss

Really though, I think next month's launch of her new title with her as Captain Marvel and her guest starring on Avenging Spider-man will do a decent job introducing her to new readers.

I mostly want to read something while I await that.

Carol Danvers/Peter Parker is my favorite "why the hell not?" ship for Marvel.

Mine is Carol/Jessica

because DC does not dare to have lesbians. 

besides Kate and Reneé.

and Sawyer

...ok, so you're right, gotham's full of lesbians. two more wouldn't hurt things not like lesbians hurt things

• edited 2012-06-26 21:33:58
    I'm a damn twisted person
    And Scandal Savage and Knockout and her other girlfriend from Secret Six. You know back before Harley Quin was a juggelo with a clown car vagina.

But seriously the Avengers issue where Carol was raped and abducted by a guy who timely oped shit so she would give birth to him, while the Avengers just acted like baby crazy idiots was so horrible it needed a whole comic to call it out on being horrible.

To take a break from superhero stuff, how is Finder vol 2 treating you Juan?

You guys should check out Severed if you can find it. It showcases the things Snyder likes best. Horror, history, and trivia.
  • According to Wikipedia, her other girlfriend was a stripper/prostitute whom her friends hired to impersonate Knockout so Scandal could finally get some tail, but Scandal couldn't go through with it and left. 

Then she met her in a shop and they started going out and then they all got married.

And then the Secret Six all went to jail because they are all horrible self destructive people(who love each other in a fucked up way) and decided to piss off every super hero ever to go out in a bullsit blaze of glory.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

yes

Okay, so, I should mention that I like Ultimate Spider-Man.

Well, the stories I read are kinda lame, and things just kinda happen so that they happen (lookin' at you, weird random x-men crossover). But the dialogue has that cheesy Spiderman feel to it, and the art style is kinda pretty.

but the melodrama ugh.

is this like

ultimate peter parker

or 

ultimate miles morales

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Ultimate Peter Parker.

• edited 2012-06-27 09:14:03

Are there any good Legion of Superheroes runs? Because to be honest, other than the Pre-Time Skip Threeboot, I find the entire Legion bloody tedious.

EDIT: Also, apparently Spider-Man is getting a teen sidekick...

EDIT: Also, apparently Spider-Man is getting a teen sidekick...

ewwwww

the whole point of spider-man is that he's different from most superheroes

whyyyyyy

well i guess slott can make it awesome so hey.

Are there any good Legion of Superheroes runs? Because to be honest, other than the Pre-Time Skip Threeboot, I find the entire Legion bloody tedious.

I heard pretty good things about Byrne's run on Legion.

The Conductor - huh? You mean the Amazing Spider-men mini where Peter teams up with Miles in the Ultimate Marvel universe to have adventures? That's just a team up in a mini series not a sidekick spot. Really the most sensible person to be a sidekick with Spider-man would be Spider-Girl or Arana or whatever Anya is calling herself these days. Mostly because that would mean more Anya.

Anya's been Spider-Girl for quite a while now, yeah.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, hey, new Justice League Dark. I should get that.

Crap I forgot to pick that up this week.
  • Alk: No, I mean Alpha, a genuine, bonafide, teen sidekick. 

Dunno if it's permanent or just for one arc in Amazing Spider-Man.

Links?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Justice League Dark 10: Constantine continues to be an asshole, but a smart asshole. We get more visions of the future that probably won't quite mean what they look like they mean, Bennett leaves (yay) but might come back later (boo). We see a little more of ARGUS, who are really, really bad at their jobs. The team still doesn't get along all that well, and that's a good thing, IMO, since it keeps the series interesting. Oh, and a couple things implied some sort of Demon Knights crossover. I don't know if that's actually possible, but if it happens, it would be awesome.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I remember really digging what I read of Tobin's Spider-girl.

• Oh hmm. This Alphas thing could be interesting.

• edited 2012-06-28 02:13:34
    I'm a damn twisted person

So I think I figured out my favorite moments in Silver Surfer Requiem. A toss up between when Norrin uses to power cosmic to let everybody on earth see the universe the way he does for a few minutes and when he is talking to those aliens and says "If sacred places are to be spared the ravages of war, make all places sacred. If holy people are to be protected from violence, make all people's holy."

Those feels man. Those feels. 

Hesitant okayness about the whole Alpha plot. And heck this week they actually managed to articulate a reason in one of the AvX books why the Avengers are freaked the fuck out about the Phoenix Five fixing the world. Because people are ungrateful jerks who will start squabbling and god-like powers give you the chance to really wreck shit if you snap back at them. 

To me it was: "I would never allow anyone to harm the world of the most honorable being I have ever known"