If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA Proper

Comments

• edited 2011-12-21 21:28:32
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Sure thing!"

Once Jackie reached the pokecenter, Jackie saw the line of people, and her heart sank. When she saw a boy holding a Geodude in his hands, she felt close to tears. She found a place to wait and kept her hand over her mouth so she might not vomit from all the recent negative stimuli.

She looked over to a small group of people her age within the larger congregation of the pokecenter. They were about to leave, and she strained, while staying in her place (and hoping that the officer she also just noticed would make some sort of announcement soon), to hear what they might be saying.

"Hey!" she said to them. "What are you going to do?"
  • edited 2011-12-21 21:36:01
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Greg, hearing Jackie, looks over to see who just spoke.

Not being the type to say "hello," he quickly looks away.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    "Greetings, ma'am." Ray said, a confident smile on his face. "The three of us are a group of investigators looking into the dastardly actions of Team Rocket and I'm very happy to say you can help us."

Ray gave a pause for dramatic effect as Phillip ruined the moment a bit scratching himself behind the ears. 

"By giving us directions to the Pewter City gym."
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Carrie ran back to the gym, and slowly turned the knob. She didn't know if there were any Rockets in there, but she figured it was probably a bad idea to just go busting in if she wasn't sure.

So, she entered as quietly as she could, eyes darting back at forth nervously. If there were any Rockets that she could see (assuming they didn't see her right away), she'd duck behind the nearest cover, out of sight.
  • edited 2011-12-21 21:39:02
    Jackie couldn't bring herself to smile at this man with the Vulpix or his friends, but she confirmed her good will with a nod before speaking. "I want to help you guys, even if it comes down to fighting Team Rocket members with my bare hands. But I need to get a pokemon treated first. That's why I'm here, specifically, and it's urgent."
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Greg looks worried.

"What happened?"
    Ray's smile faded quickly. "By all means, let us get he or she to the emergency room posthaste! Certainly the pokemon's life of the utmost import." 

Ray looked around at his newfound allies, hoping for support. Certainly getting to the bottom of this was important but treating this creature came first, and if they were to have to fight Team Rocket they would need every hand they could get.
  • No rainbow star
    "Yeah, hurry up and get your Pokemon treated! Your partner's life is more important than anything!"

Snow watched nervously, still on edge from all the peeople
  • edited 2011-12-21 21:54:41
    "Well, it's my dad's pokemon, not mine. I couldn't just keep it with me." Jackie paused to gather her thoughts. 

"I have one of my own, though. He's not that good in a fight yet, but I'd like to think I am." She bit her lip and glanced around the room, seeing if the number of people who were waiting to heal their pokemon had decreased at all. As jittery as she was, she couldn't tell.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    The line to the Centre was long. Luckily, for a given degree of lucky, Joy was running around the Centre, looking for injured Pokemon. Several Chansey were scurrying backwards and forwards, carrying injured Pokemon to the back room.

She spotted Jackie. "Do you have an injured Pokemon?" she asked hurriedly.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Yes! Here. It's a Zigzagoon." Jackie took out its pokeball and gave it to the Nurse. "Thank you so much!"
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Joy took the Pokeball. "It's no problem," she said tiredly. "Come back in a few hours and it'll be as good as new."
    "Excellent." Ray said, looking at his new teammates. An interesting bunch to be sure. A nervous younger trainer, an athletic looking woman who seemed to be as willing to fight as her pokemon, and a friendly but tactless one with a pokemon more shy than any he'd seen before. "I suppose it's time we get to the bottom of this. He turned to the woman. "I'm Ray by the way. This Greg and Charles. You said you knew the way to the gym?"
  • edited 2011-12-21 22:11:37
    "Nice to meet you," Jackie said. "My name's Jacqueline, but I prefer Jackie. And I just came from the gym, actually; there's another girl there at the moment. . . . Oh, dammit, I hope she's all right." Jackie rubbed her temples and racked her brains while she moved for the door, seemingly oblivious to her new group of friends.
  • No rainbow star
    Charles frowned. "Wait, Team Rocket is headed to the gym, possibly already there, and your friend is there by herself? ...We should get the hell over there!"
    Greg follows Jackie.

"So...do we have a plan, or...?"
    "Let us be off!" Ray cried. "Jackie, as you were just there, guide the way. We shall all follow you and aide in at the very least ensuring no harm comes to this girl!"

• edited 2011-12-21 22:26:08
    Jackie turned to address Charles. "When I was there, I had already received word that Team Rocket had been through there. So there probably isn't a huge group there or anything. But there might also be people who're injured, or dead."

Then she turned to Greg, walking backwards. "I don't think we do. Just hope the girl's all right, and if she's not, try to make the bad guys regret being there. . . . It sounded more convincing in my head.

"Anyway, we have to move!" She booked it in the direction of the gym, only slightly caring about whether or not the others could keep up.
    "Um...right..."

Greg returned Littorio to his ball, just so they could move faster, then ran after Jackie.
  • edited 2011-12-21 22:21:47
    No rainbow star
    Charles followed as fast as he could, carrying Snow in his arms. "Jeez Snow, you could stand to lose a few pounds..." He teased the ice type. She shot him an icy glare in response
    Phillip reluctantly returned to his pokeball as Ray ran with the others, lagging a little behind. "How... far... is... the... gym... from here?" he wheezed. 
    The gym was a mess.

Rocks were lying all over the place. A young boy was lying slumped against the west wall, blood trickling out of his mouth, a Geodude lying unconscious next to him. A Shieldon was lying unmoving on the ground in front of a rock just near the door.

On the stage near the back of the gym, an Onix was fighting a Machop. It didn't seem to be faring very well.
  • edited 2011-12-21 22:38:42
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Carrie's eyes darted between the battle and the boy. She didn't think Cubone would stand a change against that Machop; it was taking down an Onix, and it's only offensive move would be... ineffective.

She ran towards the boy; staying low, she tried to keep the Onix between her and it's assailants.

She shook the boy, and spoke in an urgent whisper. "Hey! Hey, kid!" Oh, Arceus, this didn't look good...
  • edited 2011-12-21 22:40:10
    "It's not . . . too much . . . farther!" Indeed, it wasn't. When Jackie saw the gym and the door ajar, she immediately tried to run faster, so she could get in. Then she thought to just peep through the door, rather than bolt into a danger zone, and she struggled to slow herself.
  • No rainbow star
    Charles put down Snow as he arrived. "Snow, use Icy Wind and stay out of the way of that Machop at all times, along with any other enemies! I'll see if I can find the trainer and beat some sense into them... If you do get noticed, use Double Team and scatter yourself and the clones, and try to find me"

Snow looked up at her trainer, then tried to get into range to use Icy Wind while still being a safe distance away

Charles, meanwhile, went hunting for the Machop trainer
    (Er, Ica, I don't think we're at the gym yet.)
  • edited 2011-12-21 22:42:25
    (Wait, are we? I don't see the purpose of dragging the trip out over multiple posts; I'd just wait for Cygan to tell us when, exactly, we arrive--specifically, I want to know what Jackie sees when she looks through the door).
    (Fair point...:/)
  • No rainbow star
    (Psst, I think this conversation should be in PTA and not PTA proper. But that's just me :3)
    Looking through the door, Ray saw the Machop and looked at the others. "I'm afraid Phillip will not be very effective in offense though if one of you can take that he can do his best to distract him."