If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Post internet comments that made you facepalm here.

Comments

• edited 2011-12-04 10:39:07
    ...what the fuck is wrong with the Western world? Is this what "foreign countries" are reduced to? Mere things that happened in the high school history books?
  • No quotes from TVTropes

Well, there goes any chance of me posting something useful here.
  • Glaives are better.
    Wait, a two-year-old gets hit by a van, no one helps her, and you're complaining about people in other countries judging a country by famous incidents in its past?

• The point is that by bringing up Tiananmen in an unrelated situation, it seems that this is all people think about China for. They have to see it as a political issue rather than the personal issue it is.
  • Glaives are better.
    Not really. In any discussion people are going to bring up significant events in a country's history as examples. It doesn't mean that they only think of Tianmen Square when they think of China.
  • edited 2011-12-04 16:14:12
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Well, there goes any chance of me
    posting something useful here.

There is a downright ridiculous implication in that sentence.
  • ^ If we're going to bring ridiculous comments TV Tropes into it, we could keep this running for months. More or less the entirety of Troper Tales, and that's just a start.
  • You can change. You can.
    I think Nyarly's point is that tvt is hardly the only place where you can find stupid quotes.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Hatter > Not really. In any discussion people are going to bring up significant
    events in a country's history as examples. It doesn't mean that they
    only think of Tianmen Square when they think of China.

Only happens for foreigners not from the country in question.  Small Reference Pools and Hollywood Geography for ya.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    MAiNE i Hate wen HOES wanna all of a suttin say dey GAY....WEN DEY KNO dey den fuk'd sum of er'body..bytch jus u cuz start hollin u GAY dnt stop u 4rm bein no HOE...REaLLY??..I jus Laugh et yall stupid azz..YHu Hoez ah NeVA LeARN!! #sum of yall need ah REAL MOthEr figure tu sho y'll hw tu act
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    head_explosion.gif
  • Since Troper Tales spun off into a different site, does that give it a free pass?
  • ^ If you mean, can it be mocked, I don't think that's my call. But after CrazyGoggs and about a million other goons have been all over it, you'd be hard pushed to find anything new there anyway.
  • To mock it, yes. By this point, most tropers won't even touch it with a 5-foot pole unless it was for mocking.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I'd touch it unironically.
  • edited 2011-12-05 16:57:00
    Feel The Wrath....
    I'd just plain touch it.

I'd rub it, I'd clean it, and I would make it glisten with wonderful, wonderful white stuff.

8D!
  • "cartoons are for a younger
    range of kids and animes r for more older kids than a bunch of 6-8 yr
    olds"
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I'm guessing that they think people where they are don't understand him and that Japan would welcome him with open arms?
  • edited 2011-12-17 04:49:10
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Can u imagin? A lady sleepin wit a dog,jus bcos of moni.she bcame pregnate& l8r giv birth 2 six pupies.after hearin d news 4rm d doctor,she faintd & died.all dis happen bcos of ember mnth.lets try 2 be careful of wat dis ember mnth brings 2 us.Gudmoni.
  • ^Piccinini'sThe Young Family?
    ^
    Haha maybe but I really have no idea, youropenbook grabbing really.

[A]n American can visit every climate the planet offers, and representatives of most of the planet’s languages and cultures, without ever needing to get a passport stamped.
  • ^ Sorry, Ian, but I think that's actually just a way of saying "the US has a very diverse climate and a lot of immigrants from all over the world." It makes sense, although you could say it's a short-sighted attitude.
  • edited 2011-12-17 11:55:12
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    It was being used as an argument for not caring/knowing about the world outside the US, so I guess the context is important.

I'm not denying the US has great variety of cultures and climates, but to say that you needn't ever travel outside it as you can experience the whole World inside the US is a terrible way to think.
  • edited 2011-12-17 13:07:05
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    As if someone with that attitude would seek out other cultures inside the US either :P
  • Of course, a bunch of people experience the US inside the whole world.
  • If there's one thing to avoid, it's tourist colonies.
    just smashed the fuk out of a manflower ....now wers the bells
    Not so much facepalm as I have no idea what it means.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Bells whisky?
    It could be but a manflower?

To me it sounds like this supposed manflower should be full of bells, like the small brass kind but the drink makes more sense I guess :p
  • Translation of Ian's quote;

"I have just badly beaten up a homosexual, now give me some alcohol".