If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Post internet comments that made you facepalm here.

Comments

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    Then it works as facepalm worthy then.
  • Nothing in particular for me..though I profess to being close to a rapidfire bout of facepalming from the sheer vacuous amounts of stupid I see every time a few of my more religious "friends" On facebook post yet again for the 12th time in a day about wanting to be led by the nose to a purpose in life.
  • Yeah, Hitchens dying caused a bit of a shitstorm on my Facebook contact list when one of the more vocal atheists tried to hijack it into a soapbox.
  • ^^ Whilst at university I was involved with some evangelical Christians who were very into running "missions" to fellow students. The Internet was only just taking off as something for ordinary people (mid-90s), so they didn't use it, but I think what I eventually decided still holds - that kind of thing alienates as many or more people as it attracts.

The problem for Christians who don't care for aggressive mission is that about half the New Testament is stories of missionaries preaching the Faith and then being rejected by most of their listeners, so the idea that "You will spread the Word and not everyone will accept it" is kind of in the manual.  

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Whilst at university I was involved with some evangelical Christians who were very into running "missions" to fellow students.
    Ohmygod. You just reminded me of a hilarious story my dad told me yesterday.

So, my dad took a speech class in college, to get rid of the strong redneck accent he used to have. For the presentations, everyone was required to read out anything of their choosing within a certain length limit.

One of the students elected to read some Christian tract only a step above Jack Chick. It was really rude, since he had a captive audience and all. Well, my dad's presentation was the next day, so he got back at the guy by reading this.
  • You can change. You can.
    I literally clapped. 
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I just realized that stupid internet comments could be used as a Mystery Hunt puzzle.

On the topic of this thread, though, there's the argument in the uploader's comments section of this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkebxEVP8cw

• So apparently there's a huge shitstorm about a design of Pepsi cans in the Middle East because evidently the average American isn't aware that the US is not the only country in the world that has: 1.) planes, and 2.) skylines.

http://www.facebook.com/PepsiCo?sk=photos

Look at any of the comments on the pictures of that one Pepsi can.

They're... pretty dumb.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Oh my that is just full of stupid.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Call it paranoia, stereotype, or even ignorance if you wish. Someday each one of you will remember this very day and even regret it!! 6 million Jews were murdered by this same type of blindness by a man who claimed that he was doing what God told him too. I really do feel sorry for you all. You have absolutely no clue whatsoever and even think it is ok.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Context?

Or did the internet make you go crazy Cygan? :D?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    It was one of the comments on one of the photos.
  • No rainbow star
    Ah

:< People scare me
    Protip:

Hitler did stupid things.  Don't do stupid things.
  • One of em was like "yeah screw you Pepsi, Diet is nasty and DISGRACEFUL"
    Well, diet colas are nasty and disgraceful.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^This man speaks the truth.
    Eh, colas here in the US don't have real sugar in them either way, so...:/
    They do tend to be worse, but...

Well, the entire thing is dumb. I mean, the picture on the can was kind of a silhouette of the Dubai skyline...
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

-reacts in a manner hinted at by the thread title-
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ aaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I like how anybody who doesn't like what you like is strawmanned into an Ugly American stereotype these days.
  • edited 2011-12-19 23:57:54

I'm still trying to figure out how Madden or Call of Duty are somehow worse than Team Fortress 2... >.>

(because for some reason, that's the part of the post that bugged me.  I dunno)

• You can change. You can.
    Madden and CoD are relatively unoriginal and encourage a lot of trends that downright harm the videogame market.

TF2, OTOH, is F2P and is rather original for an FPS. Granted, that's not saying much, but still.
  • @Malk: Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

And I hate to ruin the joke, but really, you say you don't care about society's gender laws? Yes, you do. If you really didn't, you wouldn't feel the need to broadcast your fake deviance. Never have I seen females boast about their gender deviance for liking guy things to this degree (I have heard similar remarks, but not to the degree bronies take it).

In other words, good job. Have your "likes ponies" feminist cookie.

I don't feel I need to say this, but I should just say I have absolutely no problem with people liking Ponies. (I'd be a hypocrite if I did) I dig Forz and INUH and they're both fans. What I do have an issue with the ones who try to make the liking of it a social issue. I acknowledge they're a vast minority but they're still assholes. 
    Thanks ^_^

And like I said, I find that guy to be an embarrassment to the show's reasonable fans.
  • I really wish "pony" did not suddenly become synonymous with "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."