If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Waltzy at preschool~

Comments

• edited 2011-11-08 02:03:41
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^^Wait, that's not what I....

;_;
  • edited 2011-11-08 02:05:57
    Juuuust kidding~. XD

*huggle*
  • edited 2011-11-08 02:05:56
    You can change. You can.
    You just had to go and kill the liveblog

BAD MALK!

^see, i can't insult him if you do things like that >:|
  • No rainbow star
    I think Waltzy would be a good mother :D
  • Erudite Meathead
    If she ever gets one of those hellspawns into our home...

• Haha, not to worry sweetie, I'm still in favor of the puppies-only approach. XD
  • You can change. You can.
    that's what she's telling you now.

give her a year or two.

hell, you'll pick up the kids just as if they were puppies.
  • Hey, Waltzy, Lisztening. I need a place to stay...just throwing it out there...
  • No seriously, I LOVE being around the kids, when they're other people's kids and the extent of our adventures together are one or two rooms + the playground. And that's it! XD

^ Aww, I hope you find something that works out then. :< ...Wait, do you really need a place to stay? What happened? You're okay right? D;
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    WALTZY

Y U SO HNNNNG

This thread always makes me want to go play with my cousins, who are 5 (I think) and 3 (I think).
  • (Sorry it's been a while! Things have been crazy!)

~Monday~

The daycare was bustling today, as the kids are definitely feeling the holiday rush of excitement with Thanksgiving right around the corner. I went and helped out in the 5's a bit today, since we were severely understaffed, and to reduce the squirreliness we took the kids outside.

One of my favorite 5's quickly honed in on me. She's very very sweet, and when I first met her a few weeks back, she walked around with me by the hand and said "You're beautiful like Rapunzel" and shortly later, said "Emily, I love you", all within the first hour we met.

Today she wanted to sit next to me on the border of the playground. We picked up wood chips and made "cakes" on the width of the playground border. Unfortunately, I had to return to the 2's room because yet another staff member had to leave, and I wanted to be there so we wouldn't have to pile more kids into one room than there were already.

"Sweetie, teacher's gotta go inside, I'm sowwee~."

"But, but I don't want you to leave...." She hugged me around the leg and held on as I waddled towards the end of the playground.

"Aww, sweets, I know, but teacher's gotta help the little kids that need more help. You're a big big girl and you'll be good here, okay~?"

She moaned and stumbled along with me, holding my leg.

"Okay, how about a nice, big goodbye hug?"

I knelt to give her a hug and about 6 more children that had been previously oblivious to my parting saw me and ran up asking for hugs too. I indulged all of them, plus one more for my most persistent follower.

"Can I hold your hand till the edge?"

So we walked hand in hand and I stepped over the edge. She clung to my fingers as long as she could until I managed to peel them away, promising her that I'd see her again soon.

Back in the 2's room, the kids were playing with their play dough and things were relatively quiet until one boy infamous for eating and stealing it began to...well, eat and steal it. Long story short, play dough was doing more harm than good this particular day so it was put away. Not a few minutes had passed when the play dough-eating boy was sitting with his toy car, and a sporty girl barreled through and accidentally smacked him in the face hard with the swinging toy camera around her wrist.

Good god, you should've heard it. It was the most primal little wail I've ever heard. His face turned completely red as he cried. I knelt by him with arms outstretched, cooing and calling him sweetie pie/honey bun/whatever other sweet confections exist on this earth. He stumbled forward and settled into my lap for a hug, sobbing hard into my shoulder as I rubbed his back and shushed him.

He sat up, still miserable, and whimpered, pointing at his forehead.

"Teacher, kiss, kiss!"

I kissed him on the forehead. "All better now sweetie~?"

He made a distressed groan before going boneless against me.

"Aww, take your time then sweets."

The pain of a child in the classroom either brings out the best or the worst in the other kids. Unluckily for this boy, it was the worst; another boy ran up, totally unprovoked, and hit the boy I was holding right in the back of the head, making him begin anew with the tears. I called the offender's name and sacrificed one arm to snap my fingers and point to the corner.

"Time out. Now. That is not okay."

Shocked, he ran towards the door and sank to his bottom, looking so ashamed of himself that I almost felt kinda guilty. But now the boy in my lap was crying again, and I needed to find a way to quell the tears. I picked us off the ground, told him to hold on, holding him on my hip, and went to the fridge where I took out the plastic ducky filled with ice and gave it to him to hold. Almost immediately, he stopped crying, fascinated by the cold sensation. I gave me one more kiss for good measure and set him down, going to the corner where I'd put the other boy in time out where he'd waited patiently for me.

"Now sweetie-" I gestured for him to stand up, kneeling and taking his little hands in mine, "-we do not hit or push our friends, okay? Especially when they're already hurt. Do you wanna show me that you're a big boy and say sorry to him?"

He nodded vigorously and ran off, calling his name. He pressed his cheek to his back and said "sorry". I thanked him for making the big boy choice and gave him a hug too.

Now, another boy who had witnessed this whole spectacle came up to me and said "Teacher, I want ice too!"

I smiled at him, "Aww, but sweetie, you don't have a boo-boo! Ice is for boo-boos."

We've had this conversation before. I tried to indulge him for a little bit the first time, since I figured it wouldn't hurt to just let him touch it, but I no longer do this because then everyone else wants to touch it, and he doesn't want to give it back, and when I pry it away he begins wailing and he's more stressed than had I not given it in the first place.

He looked at the fridge and then at me. "I want boo-boo."

I smiled and shook my head, "No, no you don't, silly bean~" and I sent him off to help clean up some of the toys.

As the children cleaned, I noticed one of the twins sitting by himself looking very sad.The transition into daycare was hard for the twins, since they're only there two days a week and it took them some getting used to, but they were definitely making steady adjustments. I was concerned that this one might be backpedaling, so I came up to him, laying on my stomach and resting my chin on one hand and looking up at him, to make myself appear smaller and thus hopefully less intimidating to him.

"What's up little dude? Wanna play anything?"

He looked like he was about to cry, squeezing his bear in his arms. I reached with one hand to rub his back.

"Aww sweetie, wanna tell teacher what's wrong?"

He seemed only to withdraw more, curling up closer with his bear. I was at something of a loss, but I didn't want to just leave him.

"Do you miss mommy? I know it's hard sometimes~."

He finally looked up at me, big round tears welling in his eyes.

"Mommy...dead."

I admit I was thoroughly shocked. Where on earth had he gotten this idea in his head? I had just babysat for him and his two other brothers two days before.

"What?! No no no no sweetie I promise-" I tried to laugh a little to lighten the mood, "-I promise mommy isn't!"

"Mama, mama...died." Tears were pouring down his face. I gathered him into my arms, repeating the word "no" over and over again.

"Mommy is in the car right now coming to pick you up! Ohmygoodnesssweetheart~"

We distracted him with a trip to the hallway to play with the soccer balls, long enough for his mom to arrive and show him that indeed, she was alive.

It turned out that her recovery from her eye surgery had nosedived and she'd been feeling utterly terribly the past few days. The poor kid probably was just ultra-sensitive to the feelings around him and misinterpreted things, but it breaks my heart to think about how long he was thinking that his mom was dead. DX

With fewer staff around today I ended up helping out with a lot more, but we did it quickly and didn't have to stay too late.
  • They're somethin' else.
    I'm going to die from the adorable overload, seriously XD
  • No rainbow star
    :< I feel sorry for the one twin, thinking his mother was dead
  • ~Monday~

The kids are definitely getting excitable this time of year. There's so much energy that frequently they just start running in circles in the classroom without regard for the innocent bystander kids, who run and hug onto me in order to avoid getting trampled.

Lately in the 2's room there's been this debate over the new firetruck toy. Everyone wants to play with it and it doesn't matter if a child has 4 cars already, they NEED that one truck.

As I comforted one boy over not being able to have that particular truck, assuring him that he'd get a turn soon, my pants slipped just a fraction as I bent over and some boy latched on to my exposed underwear before squeezing my butt with his tiny hand. I jerked away and reprimanded him gently, albeit flustered.

"Ah-ah sweetie, we don't do that! Keep your hands to yourself."

You know what he did? He looked me straight in the eye.

And wound up his arm and spanked me with as much strength as he could muster.

---

After he came out of his timeout, he too, was struck with truck fever. But the thing is, he has trouble saying "firetruck".

He shortens it to "fuck".

We tried teaching him, "Say 'truh, truck'".

"FUCK!"

"No no no sweetie, it's a t, t, t, t sound-"

"I WANT THE FUCK!"

We couldn't freak out too much or he'd realize he had power.

Another boy came up.

"Teacher, can I have truck?"

I gave it to him.

"He asked for the truck, so I'm giving it to him. I don't understand what you're asking for."

He gave chase, arm outstretched, looking back at me with teary eyes and a screaming mouth.

"Teacher GIVE ME the FUCK!"

Thankfully his mother quickly picked him up and we avoided too many other kids hearing it.

Near the end of the day, one boy was left behind unusually long and he was pretty glum. Most days, his dad picks him up an hour or so earlier. Me and another teacher were trying to get him to do something fun instead of moping, but he was totally unresponsive to our suggestions.

I sat next to him at the table and leaned close, widening my eyes as big as they'd go.

"Dooooon't laauuuugh. Dooooooon't lauuuugh. DOOOON'T LAUUUUUGHHHH-"

He tried to hide it but that left his sides open for me to tickle, and he quickly melted into a puddle of giggles. We had him show us his birthday on the classroom calendar, and shortly after his dad showed up.

I finished the day bringing in dishes to the kitchen for my friend on cleaning duty this week.
  • edited 2011-12-05 23:23:55
    No rainbow star
    When the kid gets older, he'll likely still be asking for the fuck :D
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    You know what he did? He looked me straight in the eye.

And wound up his arm and spanked me with as much strength as he could muster.

triumphbaby,jpg
  • edited 2011-12-06 00:01:41
    They're somethin' else.
    I imagine him doing a "super flash" animation before his swing at you XD

Also, this entry was full of fuck yeah.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Damn, that kid at the beginning. His parents sure as hell need to teach him about boundaries.
    Don't wear a skirt next time. You're yay tall. They're real small. Do the math.
  • I was wearing pants though.
    We couldn't freak out too much or he'd realize he had power.

this sentence

it amuses me
    lol whale tail waltzy XD
    Dude, have you ever dealt with a six-year-old who just learned about a curse word and realized how much it bothers adults to hear him say it?
  • I wasn't wearing a thong either! >//////<;;;;

BRB bleaching my brain.
    Yes, hence why it amuses me.
  • Daww, such a cute boy.

Bet he's gonna have aan interesting puberty when he grows up.
  • Glaives are better.
    I used to volunteer at Head Start.

There were children there.

One child bit me.
  • How old were they? If they were really young, they were probably teething.
  • Glaives are better.
    They were six.