If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Waltzy at preschool~

Comments

• Yeah, that's like....irresponsible parenting. You don't do that.
  • $80+ per session
    Is it bad that Waltzy's first post made me come up with some kind of coming-of-age story about a boy and a girl that work at a daycare?
  • edited 2011-10-28 19:07:44
    [tɕagɛn]
    Nah.

That sounds like it could be a cute story~
  • $80+ per session
    Or it could be a girl and a girl~

A troubled young lady is forced to give back to her community and learn what it means to be responsible, sent to work at her city's local daycare center. This is the story about the other kids she meets there, and how the job changes her life forever...
  • I would take the story in a slightly different direction, but it sounds nice.
  • Haha, dare I even ask? XD
  • They're somethin' else.
    I  like the idea. Very much so.
  • Watzy: About what?
  • They're somethin' else.
    The slightly different direction XD
  • ~Halloween~

All teachers had to dress up for the day. The candy corn witch outfit I planned to wear was a little shorter and tighter on me than the year before, so I tugged on some shorts and a sweater to make myself presentable with the minimal amount of effort. We took turns parading the kids through the classrooms so everyone could see everyone else's costumes and receive a piece of candy. The problem was, the 2's wanted to eat it right away, but we couldn't let them, so we took away all their bags and put them in their cubbies. Naturally, the apocalypse ensued.

Five children threw themselves to the ground and began screaming into the floor, and the one or two that were previously indifferent thought it was a game and also began screaming. I turned on the music and sang Itsy Bitsy Spider badly until the drama had quelled some.

The boy that loves dancing and running around wanted my witch's hat. He took the oversized candy corn hat and ran around with it over his face for a while until I took it back, to which he screamed "My hat!" and began shrieking. I distracted him by making a tunnel with my legs and letting him and another girl run through with their cars.

Then they decided I was a dog and pushed me over to attempt to ride me. I tickled them until they gave up, and allowed the hat-stealing, athletic boy give me running jump hugs. He got a little too enthusiastic and sank his teeth into my arm, and even through my thick Velma-sweater he bit extremely hard, almost breaking the skin. He was given a time-out, and my best friend's mom, who also works there, rubbed ointment onto my arm.

With one hour left on my shift, I headed to the break room and helped myself to some cookies and punch before wiping down the counters in the 4's room.

As the end of the day approached, I migrated to the 5's room to help out. One girl with the bushy blonde ponytail pouted and said, "Teacher, I don't want you to be a witch. :<" I explained that I was a nice witch and not a mean one. My favorite student found me once again and claimed my lap, and we played with Legos and built her a castle. As my best friend tried to vacuum, a boy dressed as Darth Vader ran up and held out his hand, declaring that he was using the force to stop her from vacuuming. She played along and he proudly returned to the table toys.

All the kids were picked up pretty early for the holiday, so I helped my best friend sweep before leaving to head off for festivities of my own.
  • edited 2011-11-01 05:08:48
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    a boy dressed as Darth Vader ran up and held out his hand, declaring that he was using the force to stop her from vacuuming

Adorable. Most adorable.
  • That was probably the cutest thing all day. 8D
  • You can change. You can.
  • -blinks-

This is the most ridiculously cute thread I've ever been in.
  • $80+ per session
    Preschool sim. I'd buy that game.
  • Short post today.

We got a new singalong CD. I can't get this damn song out of my head. ;_;

• edited 2011-11-06 03:39:03
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    My personal favorite BNL kids song.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    goddamnit waltzy
  • Mines the ABC song. I have this CD by the way.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^^^^^
  • ~Monday~

This week was definitely off to an explosive start. I went to assist in the 2's room once more, and the biting child seems to have made an impression on some of the kids, because two others that weren't previously biters have picked up the bad habit. One child was bitten and she promptly began to wail, and the stress of the situation inspired every other kid to begin crying too, and the ones that weren't stressed began screaming anyway because they thought it was a game.

The room was chaos. Toys were everywhere. It was impossible to hear oneself think. I had reached my boiling point.

"Everyone, stop. Bugs on the rug, now."

Much to my amazement, the order yielded instant results. Four of the seven children immediately sat down.

I never thought the phrase "bugs on the rug" could inspire such terror. But perhaps it was because all other communication from me had been mostly of the cooing and bargaining nature.

We needed to get the children outside: we take them for a walk and then allow them to let out a primal scream underneath the next door library awning. Why we do this near the library, I don't know. But it makes for a much quieter indoor time if we allow them a moment to use outdoor voices.

After getting the rest of the "bugs on the rug", we began the slow process of getting the children into their jackets and outdoor safety vests. Most children complied with either little or no fussing.

One in particular was determined to be as least cooperative as possible. I approached him as gently as I had the others.

"Sweetie, let's get your vestie on, we're going outside~"

He furrowed his brows at me and made a squeal of indignation before yanking his shoes off, followed by his socks, and making me chase him around the classroom. I caught him by surprise by faking a turn, scooped him up, sat him down, and tugged the vestie over his head.

"Come on sweets, let's get your shoesies on now."

He responded by moaning and going boneless across my lap. I sat him down and picked up his shoes and socks.

"You don't want your shoes?"

He squealed a "No!" and wrinkled his nose.

"Ohh okay. Then I'll have them. These are my shoes now. They're so cool." He stood up and watched me with fury in his tiny little eyes. "Yup. I get them now. They're mine. I can't wait to wear them." I began taking off my shoes and hoped I wouldn't have to keep up the charade much longer because there was no way they'd fit.

I was in luck. The moment I undid the velcro on his shoe he shrieked "No! No!" and began to do a furious spasming potty dance.

"Then come here and let me put your shoes on you."

He finally sat down and allowed me to put on both his socks and shoes without further incident.

We took the kids for a walk, and by the time we got back they'd mostly mellowed out. However, one boy pushed over the sweet blonde girl and she began to cry. After picking her up and instructing the boy to apologize, I asked her if she was okay. She examined her hand and held out her finger to me, whimpering expectantly.

"Do you want a kissie make it better?"

She nodded, a fat tear resting in the corner of her eye. I kissed her hand.

"All better?"

She held out the other hand. I did the same.

"How about now?"

She held out the first hand once more.

"Again?" She nodded and I kissed the hand a second time. She gave the second hand again too, to which I kissed it once more.

"You're all better now, right sweetie?"

She whimpered and simply began patting at my lips with both hands at once, giggling gleefully. It's stuff like this that makes me agree with my girlfriend's assessment of thinking my life is like I'm in a lolicon harem anime, with little girls crawling all over me begging/scamming for kisses all the time.

We eventually moved the kids to the hallway and I vacuumed before heading to the 5's room, where I spent a peaceful interlude wiping down counters and enjoying idle chatter with my best friend before we closed up.
  • edited 2011-11-08 01:39:12
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    You know Waltzy, I honestly think you would make a wonderful elementary school teacher.
  • D'aww, even with my rotten tricks for getting kids to put their damn shoes on? XD

Some part of me enjoys when they get mad because they actually think I'm going to keep their shoes. :>

But ahh they're so cute. And I've been thinking about it more and more, although I'm still pretty sure I want to do massage therapy.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Especially  with those rotten tricks. So many people who deal with kids are too much of one or the other.
  • Aww~, well it is great fun watching them mature.

And speaking of which, I forgot to mention, but the shoe-evading boy, he didn't really like me all that much in the beginning and often ran away from me, but finally today, he came forward for hugs and even cuddled up to nap in my arms because he got so tired from the day. It was like the cutest and most fulfilling moment everrrrr~~. <333333
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Stop trying to make me not be averse to little kids. 
  • Okay.

/liveblog
  • "my life is like I'm in a lolicon harem anime, with little girls crawling all over me begging/scamming for kisses all the time."

You just haaaaaaaaaaaaaad to ruin it, didn't you? :P

• Ohh relaaaaax, you know I don't mean it that way. XD