If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Waltzy at preschool~

edited 2011-10-28 01:45:05 in Liveblogging
I'll start with yesterday because today I didn't go in, thanks to a crappy ghost tour I had to go to. e__e

~Wednesday~

I headed down to the 2's room where my best friend was working for the day. Barely had I entered, and a swarm of children were running up, hugging me around the legs, and begging me for the Lightning McQueen and Sally race cars, which had been placed on the shelf out of reach. If there were two toys in the entire building that could imbue the children with the most mirth, joy, jealousy, and rage all at once it would be these. Two. Cars. I've seen everything from full blown tantrums, in which the children launch themselves face-first into the carpet and kick their feet for them, to the not-so-lucky children that get in the path of some of the more terrible 2's and end up with a nice scratch on their face or a push to the ground, all for the glory of those damn Cars cars.

Thankfully I didn't have to deal with any car drama, as I was promptly picked up by the 4's room teacher to help as we went to one of the indoor play areas. As I joined the back of the line to help shepherd the kids around, four or five of them held up the line to turn around and declare, "Teacher's mine!", "My teacher!", "No, she's mine!", etc., except one boy who was just like "I wanna go home".

We made it to the play space, where my favorite class, the 3's, also happened to be. Instantly my favorite, the sweetest, most gentle lamb of a little girl with round cheeks and fluffy pigtails, scoped me out and grabbed my hand. The other kids were hip to this game, and quickly began doing battle for the other hand.

To please everyone, I picked a sunny corner of the room and let the children take turns sitting in my lap, rocking them back and forth, and tickling them. The usual ritual of all the girls touching my braid ensued, and one asked to see me do it up. Whenever I do, everyone but the asker will watch, and then ten or fifteen minutes into the future later, after the asker has come back from running around wherever they were running, they come up and go "Teacher I didn't see you do it" with like this face:

:O

...like they're surprised. XD

I did it once more, and spent the rest of the playtime being a tickle monster/Big Bad Wolf. My favorite would come close and puff her little cheeks, blowing air in my face and knocking me down with the power of her lung capacity, where I was subject to four or five children mounting me and pinching and squeezing whatever they could grab, until I scooped them all off and took a moment to fix my hair.

The daycare director's daughter ran up to me with her blanket, as she does anyone whom she thinks is hurt, and tried wrapping the tiny, soft thing around me, only succeeding in covering my lap. "Here's my So-So, you need my So-So", she informed me.

Her blanket is called "So-So", by the way.

I thanked her and, noticing her ballet slippers, asked her to show me some. She put her toe out in front of her with surprising grace, and I felt a little nostalgic for the days I did ballet just watching her. However, it soon came time for us to head back to the main classrooms, so I gave everybody from the 3's room goodbye hugs.

As I turned to help round up the kids, she jumped up and down, So-So tightly clutched in her arms, and shouted, "Teacher teacher, I want a kiss too!".

I smiled and leaned over, "What? You want a kissie?", and before I knew it she was giggling inside her mouth, ambling up to me before leaping up in place to bump her mouth in the general area of mine before running off to join her line.

Back at the 4's room I supervised the kids playing with the magnets. One took a wand and picked up a bunch of metal discs on it before holding it out to me.

"Teacher, eat some ice cream."

I took it, faked a lick, and told him it was the best ice cream ever.

Story time came, and since I'm relatively new, it took time-outs for a few kids for them to realize they were expected to pay attention to me and stay quiet. As I read, one little girl with the most adorable pigtails and a tiny gap between her front top teeth kept talking, to which I tapped her arm and said "Sweetie, please use those super good listening ears now, okay?" All was well until a few sentences later.

"Emily. Emily. Emily. Emily-"

"Sweetie-" I warned, having tried to simply ignore the needling and continue the story until that point.

"I love you!"

"...Aww, okay. But shh."

The day drew to a close as most other kids went home and we merged our group with the 5's. Everyone was busy with the table toys, and I swear this is the only place on earth I'll get art commissions. I drew some pictures for a few kids and let them color them. The athletic little girl ran up to me with a paper completely covered in colored scribbles.

"Ohh that's so cool," I said with wide eyes, "check out all those shapes. You should teach me sometime."

She wrinkled her nose. "They're not shapes. They're houses."

I stood there with my mouth open a few seconds before saying "...Ohhh yeah. Now I see. Of course!"

And soon after all the kids went home and I shared a peaceful interlude cleaning alongside my best friend.

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    hnnnnnnnng
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
  • edited 2011-10-28 01:50:21
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    DAMMIT STOP STEALIN' MY SCREENCAPS
  • They're somethin' else.
    Well, at least as long as you didn't get molested again XD
  • edited 2011-10-28 01:52:08
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^YOU TRIED TO STEAL MAI WAIFU FIRST! D=<

Also, if you don't like it, don't make amusing screencaps. =P
  • No rainbow star
    D'awwwwwwwwwww
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ MAI WAIFU

NOT YOURS

D:<
  • @Schitzo: Haha yeah, it's a good day when I don't get kids grabbing at me and saying "I touched your tit!".

e///e;;
  • No rainbow star
    ^ That is cute? funny? disturbing? kid-like
    ^^^Clearly this can only be solved in a duel to the death, Forz.

^^Children often only understand things are forbidden but not why, making them want to defy boundaries. Honestly, I sill don't understand all human social norms, which is why I have this court summons of Tuesday.
  • edited 2011-10-28 02:02:18
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I don't remember kindergarten being this cutthroat. x_x

^ Wait what.
    It was a joke. >_> 
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ... oh. Good. xD

joke

head
  • Ahahaa, I thought you were serious for a moment there too Malky. XD Had the same reaction as Alex.
    Even over the internet the Malkavian fails to understand when a joke is appropriate! With such luck, eventually I will actually have a court summons! =D 
  • No no no it was good! There was a real sense of reality to it!
  • You can change. You can.
    And then, [Malkavian's real name which will not be disclosed for the sake of privacy and because of the evident mockery that would come from it] thought that dropping a car on someone was very funny

To this day, [Malkavian's real name which will not be disclosed for the sake of privacy and because of the evident mockery that would come from it] people at comedy central still try to get Malk out of jail in exchange of his comedy services.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -reads-

Awwww...
  • How come, when the kids do that stuff it's cute but when I do it you threaten to get the police involved?
  • You have strength, Waltzy

I could never do that @_@

I friggin' hate kids
  • ^^ Wait what? :O I've never done that to you! I just never reciprocate.

^ I totally understand. In the beginning some of them were right little bastards. There's this one little boy in the 2's that's got freaking fangs and he'll jump on me from behind when I least expect it and sink them into my ear. x_x
  • Also, I'm really surprised that some of these kids, according to you in another thread, wear diapers (I think you said that).

That doesn't happen in Texas. You have to be toilet trained to go to preschool here. I rememeber reading the whole school handbook in Elementary (yeah, I was a nerd even then...I still like to read technical documents)
  • edited 2011-10-28 13:18:32
    ^^Yeah, but I bet he's got lovely sparkly skin...
  • edited 2011-10-28 13:36:44
    ^^ Ohh man how I wish that were the case here. D; EVERYONE wears pull-ups. Even up to the 5's.

According to my parents I was incredibly easy to potty train and actually never did the diaper thing outside infanthood. They said I hated them and that once they took me to pick out my very own big girl panties (Barney undies lol) there was no trouble, since I loved them like crazy.

^ HAAAAHAA~. If by sparkly you mean, his entire face encrusted with shimmering boogers, then yeah. XD
  • ...I was definitely potty trained before school. What.
  • I never went to school.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Like,at all?
  • "EVERYONE wears pull-ups. Even up to the 5's. "

That's.....not good. They should be toilet trained till then.

Where do you live?
  • I live in Edmonds, Washington, and yeah, one would expect they'd be a bit more capable with the toilet at least. D;

I mean I understand occasional accidents, but I think maybe the parents should not continually just slap a diaper on them, or at least make sure that if they're doing that they're providing an incentive for the kids to start using the toilet.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Aww. This is such a cute story. It almost makes me like kids again. But eww, how can five-year-olds not be potty-trained?