If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vampire: The Masquerade- Providence signups

Comments

• edited 2011-11-19 20:15:52
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So that would be five players total? Any reason for that number?
  • No rainbow star
    Well I'm still interested

I just keep forgetting about this thread D:
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It's generally the ideal number but hell if we just get one more I'm sold.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ah. I'm used to D&D, where the standard number is 4.
    With 4e I like 5 because that leaves one for each role and one to do whatever the hell he wants.
    Ah, I see. I haven't played 4e.
    With 4e every class fits one of four tactical roles (striker, defender, leader, controller) and the book actually says five players is the ideal number so no one is completely forced to take a class no one likes.

Of course there's nothing to prevent you from playing a game of all strikers, but...
    I see.

I tend to prefer games without prominent roles...yeah, I know, D&D 3.5e has roles, but my statement stands.
    I think D&D has always had those roles. It's just that 4e makes them clearer and easier for newbies and D&D is almost invariably going to be Baby's First Tabletop so I think that's good.

Honestly, D&D has always had an emphasis on combat I don't care for. It's why I eventually became a Whitewolf and Indie RPG fag.
  • edited 2011-11-19 20:44:08
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Man, I haven't played 4e D&D in forever. Though when I did play, the four of us usually played two characters each. I'm used to games with lots of people, if not lots of characters.

I actually kinda want to try 4e again, to be honest.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm still interested in this game. For one, I don't know when I'll have time to really read and get used to the rules (I still need to finish that damned college essay and get some scholarshit stuff out of the way), and for two, I still prefer nWoD from a stylistic standpoint.
    ^From what I've seen of them, if you can play nWoD, you can play oWoD.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I'm also not sure if I want to take the time to learn the metaplot, because I've never really cared for RPGs that are so big on metaplot. And system differences might turn me off from this, too. In fact, I'm still rather disappointed that the World of Darkness MMO that's in the works is in oWoD, though the metaplot is actually helpful in that regard.
  • edited 2011-11-19 20:47:54
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Yeah the differences are largely minor.

Also, I won't be dealing largely with metaplot because you're going to be low-level vampires and not sixth generation methuselah. 
  • edited 2011-11-19 20:48:28
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ninja'd.
    As much as I care to.

Basically this is a game where I don't care about the Gangrel defection or the madness network going haywire or anything near the end where it was clear Whitewolf writers were just losing it.

Canon characters like Penny Dreadful and Smilin' Jack might show up though.
  • edited 2011-11-19 20:53:16
    Has friends besides tanks now
    In any case, I'm going to redo my character. I'll probably go with a Blue Blood instead of a combat-oriented character. Seeing as how this system doesn't care as much for combat prowess compared to D&D, I think having a socially competent character might suit me better.

^ Cool.
    Ah, okay.
    T_T
  • You can change. You can.
    should i mock

or should i just watch in derison
    You could join in...
  • You can change. You can.
    we've been through this.
  • No rainbow star
    I could track you down and beat you to a pulp until you join 8D

So, I'm making this post for a few reasons:

1. A rez, to remind those who signed up that it's still here.

2. I'm withdrawing interest.

3. Any people who have joined after the last post here can now take a look and see if they're interested. Hopefully that will fill the two remaining slots.

The sad thing is, this is far from the least successful attempt to get an RP started I've seen.

You know what? Three is low, but fuck it I've been wanting to do this game. Is everyone/anyone new still in?

I'm still in.

So, there are three without me? If so, cool.

I think you were the third.

Oh wait, you're not interested anymore? =( I mean if you don't want to play, don't but we don't have three without you and I'm sure INUH and Ica would dig having you.

Oh. I thought you wanted five, not four.

Uhh. Maybe. You said you'd handle the number crunching, right? In that case, I would just have to make a new character because I don't really want to use the one I was originally going to.