If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vampire: The Masquerade- Providence signups

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    It doesn't really make a difference, all concerns considered.
  • No rainbow star
    Wait, what does ghouling do?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Here's your character, more or less Everest.

Name: Peter Hesse

Clan: Toreador

Apparent age: 30

Mental attributes:Perception 2 Intelligence 5 Wits:3

Physical attributes: Strength 3 Dexterity 4 Stamina 1

Social attributes: Manipulation 1 Appearance 1 Charisma 4

Skills: Firearms 3, Craft 1, Stealth 4, Security 2, Performance 2

Knowledges: Academics 3, Occult 4, Investigation 2

Talents: Subterfuge 5

Backgrounds: Resources 3, Contacts 2

Disciplines: Celerity 3

Conscience: 3

Self-control: 4

Courage: 3

Willpower: 3

Humanity : 7

Generation: 13th

Nature:Pedagogue

Demeanor: Visionary

Clan Weakness: Toreador are susceptible to items of beauty. When
    Peter confronts a particularly fascinating thing of the Supernatural,
    he must make a self-control roll (difficulty 7) or be entranced.

Blood pool: 10

Blood/turn: 1

I made him a Toreador because his obsession with the Supernatural seemed to be the best fit with them and their artistic obsession. You don't have gunslinger and there are no fighting styles in Masquerade which I think is just as well because I find fighting styles pretty broken. I decided to give you contacts as a reflection of the people you've been talking to concerning the occult.

Also, Masquerade just gives you more dots so I decided to play around and give you some extra goodies I felt would fit the character.

Tell me if anything is terribly offensive.

• edited 2011-11-07 12:26:15
    Has friends besides tanks now
    That seems fairly good. The character will probably fight with guns, still, or maybe a gun and a knife, but it's kind of relieving seeing that the character didn't have to be made with resources put toward marksmanship. Thanks!
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    @Icalasari:Basically, you give a mortal some of your blood, they get somewhat more powerful and develop an addiction to your blood.
  • Of all Malkavian's write-ups, I like the sound of the Nosferatu the best. Considering their limitations, would that work for the game you're thinking of running?
  • No rainbow star
    Now another question:

How would servants and non ghoul herds work without them figuring out that you're a vampire?
  • edited 2011-11-07 19:40:20
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    They know, but they can be trusted to keep quite about it for fear of disappointing their beloved blood supply. 

^^They'd be perfectly feasible. Depending on how careful you want to be though, you might want to have Obfuscate 3 which lets you make yourself look like a different person.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...Wait, what? So the large herd would know but wouldn't want to disappoint theur blood supply?

...So vampires have vampires as their herd? Because that's the only way that I can make sense of that =/
  • edited 2011-11-07 20:03:26
    They're not vampires. They don't feed on human blood. They can eat, go out in the sunlight, look human, etc. They're just junkies for vampire blood.

Your herd would only be about three people, so it's not like it's that big.

Conceivably though, you can set something up so they think they're just taking a liquid drug of some sort.
  • edited 2011-11-07 20:02:27
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Vampire can cause other vampires to become addicted to their blood, yes (not sure about V:tM, but it's true for V:tR). But in this case the "blood" in blood supply refers to blood as an addictive substance, not one of necessity, like for a vampire.

NInja'd.
  • No rainbow star
    Alright, but that doesn't answer my question of large herds (I'm talking four-five point herd). How is that handled? Because you can't just give them all your blood, can you?
  • edited 2011-11-07 20:05:08
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^
    So do they smoke it or what?

The Tremere look pretty cool.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Because you can't just give them all your blood, can you?"

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
  • edited 2011-11-07 20:10:48
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Well, then the next evening, it comes time for you to spend a point of blood to wake up...

Though I suppose you could give each of them a point of blood and drain two points back from them...
  • edited 2011-11-07 20:12:04
    ^^^^They take turns. They don't need to be fed every night. More like once or twice every couple of weeks.

^^^They can be interesting, but they are on my 'probationary' list for a reason.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    How come? 
    Is bloodmagic super powerful?
    (I guess dominating minds is pretty powerful)
    If they're anywhere near as good as they are in Bloodlines, they're kinda broken.
    Blood magic is extremely powerful. 

Also, they're kind of a limited clan because of their weakness and a lot of players chafe at the restriction/try to work around it.
  • edited 2011-11-07 20:25:41
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^
    Could you expand on their abilities please?

Their weakness is being loyal to the clan right?
    Not just loyal, but physically compelled to do whatever their elders say.

Going over Thaumaturgy would take a loooooong time. Suffice to say there are extra books where half the powers are different paths of Thaumaturgy. You're almost playing a hemophiliac Mage. 
    ^
    That weakness doesn't sound really that much of a weakness, as your character would be obedient so it is just part of them.

Sounds fun :p
    Yeah, but it can cause party conflict if you find something out that could get a fellow party member killed and suddenly you have to tell the Tremere Primogen about it. Or you find a powerful artifact and guess who has two thumbs and doesn't get to keep it?

That's what a lot of Tremere players try to work around.

I should work on Primogen at some point in the near future.
    ^
    Well tough luck to the the party members in that case?

Primogen?
    So basically, they're really powerful and prone to betraying the party?
    Not necessarily prone, but there's a definite conflict of interest and for that Tremere are distrusted even by the standards of Vampires.

Primogen are basically the appointed clan leaders and representatives of a given city. Not all clans will have a primogen though.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I think I'm going to redo Peter away from being a gunman. Not sure yet. I'll definitely do that for the V:tR game I'm hoping will pick up at Giant in the Playground.
    So...guess this fell through, then?

:(
  • No rainbow star
    :<
    It is... practically dead. If we can get two more players and the people who originally signed up are still interested we'll still have the human eating part, even if I have to wait until Easter.