If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vampire: The Masquerade- Providence signups

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Come on, guys! Do it for INUH!
  • You can change. You can.
    I dunno, man. what has INUH ever done for me?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    -attempts puppy dog eyes-
  • No rainbow star
    Sorry. I'll come up with more info Malk
    So...that's possibly two characters...

This had so much interest when it went up. What happened?
  • edited 2011-10-30 14:17:14
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Wish I knew. =/
  • You can change. You can.
    Well, in my case, RL. 
  • No rainbow star
    I keep forgetting + Classes
    Well, as long as you don't forget entirely :P

What are your ideas so far (if any)?
  • edited 2011-11-02 10:33:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I've been helping Icalasari make his character. As he's currently limited to posting by phone, here's his sheet:

Paul Lockwood
    Nature: Deviant
    Demeanor: Conniver
    Concept: Rough-spoken thief
    Clan: Brujah
    Generation: Eighth

Attributes
    Strength •• Charisma Perception •••
    Dexterity •••• Manipulation ••• Intelligence •••
    Stamina •• Appearance •• Wits ••••

Abilities
    Talents Skills Knowledges

Alertness •• Firearms •• Medicine
    Awareness •• Larceny ••• Occult ••
    Streetwise •• Melee •• Technology ••
    Subterfuge •• Performance ••
    Stealth •••••
    Survival

Disciplines
    Celerity ••
    Potence

Backgrounds
    Contacts ••
    Domain
    Generation •••••
    Herd
    Resources ••••

Virtues
    Conscience ••
    Self-Control ••••
    Courage ••••

Humanity ••••••
    Willpower •••••••

Blood Pool
    ♥♥♥♥♥○○○○○
    ○○○○○
  • Inuh, a link would be great, thanks.

As I said before I am interested, but I don't know if I can commit yet. Do you guys have a play schedule ironed out?
  • No rainbow star
    ^ I think it's sometime between next week and when Cthulhu himself rises and kills us all
    ^^Check your mailbox.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Wait, we DO have a play schedule?

Also, going to start crafting Paul's backstory now. His 'herd' consists of close friends who let him feed occasionally (and he respects them enough to not feed when they aren't up to it, although if he's starving I guess there would be a chance of him losing self control and killing his friends...)

He's gained his wealth through theft, being careful not to arose suspicion. He does invest (can't be stealing all the time)

He's a bit gruff. He just never saw the point of polishing his social skills. People who like him would not care, after all

As shown by his herd, he doesn't care if his friends are human or vampire. Just that they are loyal

He isn't flashy with his wealth - comes back to not wanting people to question where he gets his wealth from
    My main concern about the "herd of close friends" thing is that, well, you're kinda supposed to be upholding the Masquerade...
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Well, considering that he only cares about loyalty, it could be that he trusts them to keep his secret, maybe with the added threat that if they leak it to anybody, that person is no longer his friend and as such he would be obliged to end their life

Hmm... Gah, thought that close friends being the herd may cause issues
    Of course, it's not my call. It's Malkavian's.
  • I'm more concerned with what days/times it will be played as opposed to when it will start.
    Ahh...I dunno if it was going to be Play-by-Post or what.
    The main trouble with humans, loyal or not, is if someone else finds out via spying, mind-reading, etc. and telling anyone is verboten. The vampires play a long game. If just one vampire every ten years tells his friends, the masquerade would fall pretty quickly. A good solution to this is actually readily available in which you could ghoul these friends of yours, though there could only be like three, but you'd have a steady supply of blood still.
  • edited 2011-11-02 18:11:38
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    there could only be like three
    Well, that's how many the background he took would give him.
    Everything works out then, cool.
    Okay, in the interest of encouraging more players, Imma lay down the broad strokes of the Camarilla Vampire clans.

Brujah: Often derisively called 'the rabble' the Brujah are defined by their rage and passion. The common stereotype of the Brujah as a result is that they are all political malcontents and radical revolutionaries, and while there is no shortage of those in their ranks, that is a grave generalization. For every Biker or Would-be Che Guevara, there is also a dedicated researcher or a dedicated politcal leader. It's most notable with the European Brujah who still hold closely to their self-titled style of 'Philosopher Kings'. Unfortunately that rage comes at a price. The Brujah are more likely to be consumed by anger frenzy than any other clans.

Their abilities are Celerity (Super Speed) Potence (Super Strength) and Presence (The 'LOOK AT ME'  power)

Gangrel: The animals are one of the toughest creatures out their. Territorial, and closer to the beast that rages inside all vampires the Gangrel often prove to be the ones you least want to run into in a fight. Many people make the mistake that their bestial side means that Gangrel are dumber than others. This is dangerous mistake to make. While Toreador and Brujah might be able to dress them down with social etiquette and knowledge of history, the hunting pack mentality of Gangrel makes them dangerous foes indeed. Unfortunately that bestial side comes with a price. With every frenzy the Gangrel suffers they take on another animalistic aspect (cat's eyes, feathers instead of hair) and must lose one dot of a social attribute. While one or too frenzies can be easy enough to hide, many Gangrel are now monstrous creatures whose mere sight by a human can be considered a breach of the masquerade.

Gangrel abilities are Animalism (supernatural animal ken) Fortitude (super toughness) and Protean (shape-shifting)

Malkavian: Kooks, lunatics, prophets, madmen, call them what you will. Nobody's quite sure what's up with the Malks. They seem so ignorant and child-like so often, but also seem to know so much. The Malkavians are almost all insanely intelligent, though they often also lack an ever-important social intelligence as well. Many Tremere and Ventrue have driven themselves to be almost as insane as their subject of study to figure out what the end goal for the Malkavians are large are. They're probably just fucking with us, though. The main flaw of the Malkavians is one of the most apparent: every one of them is in some way horrifically insane. Even they manage to overcome their current derangement, a new one will form like a nutty phoenix. 

Malkavain abilities are Auspex (supuer senses) Dementation (sanity manipulation) and Obfuscate (invisibility)

Nosferatu: Hideous, monstrous, and viciously brilliant. The Nosferatu are the most easy to identify by clan: Just look at them! The Nosferatu are so ugly that being seen in their true form itself is considered a breach of the masquerade! This has driven most Nos to find their haven underground where they have a close-knit community similar to the Giovanni or Tremere, but unlike either of those clans the Nosferatu clan's community is built on mutual ability and trust rather than control. (which isn't to say you can turn your back easily in another Nosferatu's haven) The Nosferatu also have an information network of spies and intelligence gatherers rivaled only by the Malkavians... but a lot of people don't like asking those kooks questions. The flaw for the Nosferatu is readily apparent. You get a 0 appearance and you can't raise that stat. Seriously just scratch it out with ink.

Nosferatu abilities are Animalism, Potence, and Obfuscate

Toreador: The degenerates are the ultimate Anne Rice vampires, something of a snooty flip side to the unkepmt Brujah. Where the Brujah are commanded by their passion, the Toreador are ruled by Obsession. However, unlike the Brujah the Toreador as a clan writ large are more concerned with social appearances and fashion. Centuries old vampires will be more knowledgeable about modern fashions than that Gangrel embraced the other day. This makes for stereotypes of the Toreador being limp-dicks and flighty fools. This is, of course, a stupid thing to do. That social butterfly you just challenged to a duel to the death? Turns out he spent a century in China mastering a brand of Kung Fu meant for vampires and that's your heart he just ripped out.  Toreador are masters of deception. Much like the Brujah, they are a varied group from Ricean artists to Heavy Metal guitarists to master gunsmiths to swordsmen perfecting their art. The degenerates are limited by their obsession however. If they ever run into a masterful work of their object of obsession they must make a self-control roll to keep from being utterly enamored and fixated by it.

Toreador abilities are Auspex, Celerity, and Presence

Tremere: A legend goes that a house of mages once conspired to become immortal. So they kidnapped a particularly ancient vampire and in a particularly evil ritual sacrificed him to become immortal. The ritual backfired, however, and they were instead simply given the curse of vampirism as well. So the legend goes anyways. The Tremere don't say much, because they're a tight-knit group, each and every one of them blood-bonded to at least one elder, but that terrible confinement comes with the perk of impressive power. The Tremere's tight-knit group also results in quite an impressive amount of knowledge, though getting to it can be a red tape nightmare. The fact that this is a group of vampires able to practice the frightening Blood Magic and that they can attack in such coordination and power makes them an invaluable though highly distrusted group in the Camarilla. The main weakness of the Tremere is their utter devotion to their clan. They literally are compelled to carry out the orders and listen to confines of what is told them. A high price to pay, blood magic or no.

Tremere powers are Auspex, Dominate (mind control), and Thaumaturgy (blood magic)

Ventrue: These guys run the show. Period. Master manipulators and strategists, the Ventrue consider themselves king by both merit and divine right. While many are also master fighters, few Ventrue stoop to such open methods. Maybe you'll find that that girl you've been regularly feeding from has turned up missing, or the cops have found out about your false identity, or your ghoul is now on trial for breaching the masquerade. Ventrue are the most common rulers because they are masters of the system, and before you know it... masters of you. The main flaw of the Ventrue is how particular their feeding habits are. All Ventrue have one particular type they can feed from (Catholics, Italians, Athletes, etc.) and must spend a willpower to feed from any other type of person. Finding out a Ventrue's feeding habits can sometimes be the key to their undoing.

Ventrue abilities are Dominate, Fortitude, and Presence
  • I have to apologize, as I haven't even had time yet to read the rules that Inuh was kind enough to PM to me. I would say don't wait on me if you get enough players... once my schedule clears up to the point where I can dedicate some time to it, I may ask to join later if possible.
  • edited 2011-11-07 09:31:38
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Aw. That's too bad.

Hm. Speaking of the rules, INUH, could I get the rules, too? Malk said he'd handle most of the crunch, but I'd still like to know how the crunch works.
    Done.
  • edited 2011-11-07 10:14:29
    Has friends besides tanks now
    And of course, now that I sign on for this game, the V:tR request I made at GitP gains interest. -_-

I guess I can play both, assuming either or both games get off the ground.
    It'd be cool to be able to compare.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I'm tempted, but timezone is going to be a pretty severe concern for me.
    If we're doing it pbp style, it mightn't matter as much.