If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

My Little Pony: Friendship Just Bugs Me

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh my god lol.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-01-22 21:21:21

Oh, and SOMEONE FUND THIS

• Did everyone see the new Vermin Supreme video?
  • edited 2012-01-23 18:10:17
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I finally got around to finishing Fallout Equestria. I have to say, it's easily the best fanfic I've ever read, but every time I read it I get all sad and have to watch an episode of the show to cheer myself up and remind myself ITS OKAY ITS NOT REAL ITS JUST A FANFIC.

^ Wuzzat

Also, there are not words to describe how much I love this

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-01-23 18:28:19

Yeah Fallout Equestria is about as good as it gets.  Just the sheer convoluted web it spins and how often it continuously brings back the most innocuous comments several chapters later is mind-blowing.  I'll never be able to grasp how a story that complex and loopy can be written in sequence and under pressure instead of meticulously going back and picking it apart after the fact to make sure everything meshes.  The planning phase alone would be a miracle to watch come together -- much less being able to take a setting that soul-crushingly cynical and nightmarish, not diminish it in any way, and still leave a completely believable and not-contrived message of hope and friendship.

Over Christmas break, my dad growled at me for being on the internet instead of reading, and he thought I was pulling his leg when I replied I was reading something longer and considerably more satisfying than War and Peace.

• edited 2012-01-23 18:26:00
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I know, it's mind boggling.  And to write it so fast, too.  She wrote it in what, seven or eight months?  That's ridiculous.

I haven't been keeping up lately, but god I love this fandom so much.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-01-23 18:41:06

EqD has been featuring a Skyrim crossover lately that seems to be trying to echo FO:E in miniature.  If anyone remembers the story where Fluttershy defends her title as champion of the Quiet Game from a goddamn pile of skeletal remains, it's that author, and he's doing a decent job.

Also, the Cheerilee story is done.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^ I loved that quiet game story.  I might check it out sometime.

• Jebus, guys. Don't you know how to use a search engine?

• That Hubble (official name for The Hub's logo) picture up there made me remember: sometimes I wonder what the guys at Troika think of the fandom.

I wonder if they'd answer an email of mine.

• I wonder if Trokia even pays any attention to the fandom.

• OK, no, none of their email addresses would be suited for this and calling them to ask what their thoughts on bronies are strikes me as stupid. The poor employee answering would probably not know what I was talking about!

• So if anyone remembers Hoofstuck from a while back, Pinkie just crashed the party and she's already awesome.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I quit reading it because I felt like it was going downhill. Might pick it up again.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

• Yeah it was on a downroll for a while.  Rarity's whole "look at my foalhood!" thing was completely unnecessary.

• It was kind of an embarrassment to see Scratch cast as her mother. That didn't make sense even before her mother was revealed in the show.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2012-01-25 21:08:36

Yeah, I'm kind of hoping we get some sort of

Pinkie Pie: Retcon Rarity's backstory.

Oh, and this

A.B. Wentworth.

This seems...quite accurate.

• edited 2012-01-26 03:46:29

Sometimes I wonder what it's like for other sentient beings in the show's world. I assume that ponies are the dominant species, in part due to their control over nature. Do other beings exert some control or did "Hearth's Warming Eve" rule that out?

• Ugh, crossposting.
  • I know, but I wanted to hear some different opinions.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-01-26 19:59:35

I'd assume they have countries or at least significant enclaves elsewhere.  Ponyville/Canterlot is to ponies like the Pacific Northwest is to white people.

Also

This is not the greatest image in the world.

This is just a tribute.

• New ep's up. Logic is completely out the window in this one.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Oh god Applejack at the end. Never has there been such a perfect expression of the "haters gonna hate" walk.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-01-28 16:50:32

OMFG the musical number was one of the most epic things I've seen in months.  I had flashbacks to the con men in Big River.

Applejack's letter at the end was fucking glorious.  THIS is why she's best pony :D

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

For me it made them all sound like alcoholics.

The episode was alright, and the song wasn't really my favorite, but that was the best damn letter ever.

cutie_mark_crusaders___cuccotaloo_by_sterlingpony-d4nulxb.jpg

This is the best thing.