If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

All the renames on TV Tropes are getting to me

Comments

• edited 2011-09-27 22:31:19
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I could at least assume that every person I talked to was, at the very least, somewhat intelligent

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ninja'd by the dude hisself

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I spot at least two people on that list who don't belong
  • Then your pool of reference is small.
  • Why the fuck is Juan on that list?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    More importantly, why the fuck aren't I?
  • That doesn't mean anything.

There were more intelligent people on TvTropes than normal. Most forums would want for one of you guys.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Because you're not a troper.
  • I added AHR and Forz to the list. I think they deserve the spots.
  • edited 2011-09-27 22:34:03
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ I was when Chagen wasn't banned.

Not that I was being serious with that comment anyway.  I don't even remember what kind of poster I was on IJBM1.  Probably just a low tier shitposter.

^ :O
  • You can change. You can.
    Why the fuck is Juan on that list?
  • I try to compliment you guys and I get this

Oi vey
  • let's face it, a community that remains small will never be a community that remains active for long

that's how it went for Apperture Science as well

once we declared quantifiable results a mandatory procedure, it didn't take long for the science division to start proving their worth

even the less than steller employees found their "new" job positions... exciting... shall we say?
    Compliment us with true facts then.

Anyway, yeah, you have a very small pool of reference. I go to a few other forums, and I can say with certainty that they have a much more intelligent userbase than TVTropes does. Not to mention the users there are a lot more wise. I talk to physicists, linguists, historians, chemists, writers, and I think there's even a business owner on them. Where do you guys think I pull all of this stuff out of? >_> Certainly not my own brain, I absorb it from them.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It's not that we're not complimented.... rather it's we feel worried about the majority of people you've met.

In any case, I'm seriously not that intelligent. If I'm one of the smartest people you met then... yeah...
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I mostly just pretend to be intelligent.
    I am the same as Forzare. I've said it many times.
  • "Compliment us with true facts then"

Did you

Seriously

Just rebuke a compliment

I give up

Why do I even bother

Oi Vey

"Anyway, yeah, you have a very small pool of reference. I go to a few other forums, and I can say with certainty that they have a much more intelligent userbase than TVTropes does. Not to mention the users there are a lot more wise. I talk to physicists, linguists, historians, chemists, writers, and I think there's even a business owner on them. Where do you guys think I pull all of this stuff out of? >_> Certainly not my own brain, I absorb it from them."

Are these sites all with small userbases?
  • "It's not that we're not complimented.... rather it's we feel worried about the majority of people you've met."

I assume everyone online, including myself, is an idiot until proven otherwise
    Just rebuke a compliment

Yeah, I did. If I'm going to be complimented, I'd prefer it to be on an aspect of myself that actually exists.

Are these sites all with small userbases?

One has something in the realms of thousands of active posters. Another is nearly dead, only has a handful of users now. Another has a few hundred. They vary in numbers.
  • edited 2011-09-27 22:46:45
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Incidentally, regarding TV Tropes' "small userbase," it's in the top 4000 most-visited sites.

In the US, it's in the top 1600.
  • No rainbow star
    :( You don't think I'm intelligent? D:
  • edited 2011-09-27 22:45:38
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Is the #1 Google?

^ Not particularly.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Almost certainly.
    I like being complimented and I like being considered smart, but the fact of the matter is that I know I'm not intelligent. Or that if I am, I'm barely so. And that there are far more intelligent people.

so, yeah, excuse me if I don't feel comfortable with someone calling me that. And don't worry, it's hardly personal. I always go lolwut when people call me smart. 

Then I call them dumb, because that's what I think of anyone who thinks I'm smart.
  • edited 2011-09-27 22:53:32
    ^ this, pretty much
  • Well, Juan, you're.....how to put this....very good at debating. You know how to back up an argument, and you have a cool demeanour even when things get heated and confrontational.

And delicious Ho Yay with Malk
  • edited 2011-09-27 22:52:41
    No rainbow star
    ^^^^^ :<
    Also, I find the lack of Nornagest disturbing.

He is probably one of the only users who I actually would ask about everything. 
    Well, Juan, you're.....how to put this....very good at debating.

Nope. It's just that my opponents' arguments are really weak.

You know how to back up an argument

Most of the time I improvise. It's like being Indiana Jones, but more stupid and I always leave the hat on the closed room

and you have a cool demeanour even when things get heated and confrontational.

Not gonna lie. I think my self control is probably the only good thing I have.

So, thanks. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I'm going to say it's not entirely uncommon for intelligent people to have low opinions of their intelligence. People convinced they're god's gift to intelligence or either morons or narccissicists.

That said, I still only think I'm of slightly more than average intelligence.