If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM Film Club!

Comments

• edited 2011-09-24 15:20:08
    No rainbow star
    IRON GIANT!

I don't think I ever cried at that movie...
  • They're somethin' else.
    I'll agree on Iron Giant. I also think we should see Castle of Cagliostro.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Iron Giant is great. Hopefully I'll make it next week.

That said, as much as I like AoD I'm glad I missed instead of Darkman or Drag Me to Hell since I think those movies show Raimi's auteur strengths more powerfully.
  • You can change. You can.
    So, Iron Giant on Saturday?
  • $80+ per session
    Sounds good to me.
    After Iron Giant we should do a 'heavy' movie. Something like Audition or Seventh Seal. Something that's less 'fun'.
  • $80+ per session
    What do you mean by heavy?
  • edited 2011-09-28 23:13:11
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Our first two films have been a campy action film and a feel-good family film. I'm certainly not disparaging either because I love both films, but I think we should contrast with something that is more of an emotional downer or something that has a slower pace.
  • edited 2011-09-28 23:15:02
    $80+ per session
    I'm up for something depressing. I suggest Black Swan.
    Black Swan, Audition, No Country For Old Men...

It doesn't even have to be depressing. I'd just prefer something older and something that's less of a crowd pleaser.
    No country For Old Men would be great. 
  • One Hour Photo is quite good.
    I see your Black Swan and raise you a Requiem for a Dream. Lux Aeterna in all its overplayed glory FTW
  • Ok, can Juan make an announcement for the Time, proper links 1 for download... etc?
  • $80+ per session
    x-x
    So, I suggest everyone downloads the film. As this would be piracy, any taker has to PM me. That way, I also know who's coming and check your hotmasks for early banning invite shenanigans

Also, you know, you're all staff, you shouldn't be relying just on me for this, but whatever, I suppose.

Time: I'd say saturday morning works too?

• Juan, come up with a time and then provide a link,

If you need help with any of this, ASK US.

I'm just pointing this out so we're not upstream without a paddle this Saturday.
  • edited 2011-09-29 08:33:57
    You can change. You can.
    But I ain't a leader :<

Also, I already said what needed to be done. I can't post the link, because it's against the rules to post Torrent links, but I can PM it.
  • I never said post it, I said provide it :3

Also, Provide a time as well
  • Link is at the topic of the channel. Anyone's who's interested in the movie needs to log in today and use the links. 

Due to a certain set of events. I can't PM the links. So I need you to go to the IRC channel (#Ijbm-filmclub) and use either link, depending on your preference.
  • $80+ per session
    How does 2 PM EST sound?
  • $80+ per session
    Anyone?

No...Okay then.
    Is it even going on today? Who's running it?
  • edited 2011-10-01 09:57:23
    $80+ per session
    ....The exact same person as who was running it last week. We've been planning it, if you bothered to check this thread, or the channel at all.
  • $80+ per session
    I've got somewhere to go at like 6, and I'll be out all night, so if you do it, it will either have to be before then or without me.
  • $80+ per session
    Or you know, you could all leave the channel. That works too.

-_-
    I'm sorry, man

I didn't leave it on purpose

My connection died when I left it on standby
  • $80+ per session
    For anyone who cares, we will be starting in a little over 20 minutes so...yeah.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I don't think I can be around then. Have to have dinner
    I'll be attending