If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Now on its own site in a more readable format - Infinite Tree

1234568»

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    (from here)

Alan drowns Powers further, just to be sure.

It's not a very difficult task, as Powers is unconscious and floating face-down in the water, so Alan just floats there observing for a bit.
    (from here)

Alan disguises himself with plants and holds his ground.

He piles up some leaves and twigs on top of himself, and smears mud over his face for extra camouflage. Then he waits.

Before long, a man in a military uniform steps out from behind a tree. Moving slowly and constantly looking around, he begins to walk past Alan.
    (from here)

Alan talks to the man.

"Hello. I'm new here. My name's Alan."

The man whips around, still holding the crate. "Oh! Hello! Um...h-hello. I'm...Eric."

Alan extends his hand. "Nice to meet you."

Eric looks at Alan's hand, then down at the large box he's carrying. "Right. Nice to meet you. I'd...I'd shake your hand, but..." He looks back down at the crate.
  • edited 2011-09-24 00:04:46
    No rainbow star
    ^ Kill the man for stealing my name. THE FUCKER MUST DIE! Ask what's in it
    Added to the list.

It's going to be awhile before I post new updates, though. I've figured out a way to format the story so that it's more readable, so I'm moving everything over to the new system. It's going to take awhile.
  • No rainbow star
    Ok. Let me guess: Different thread for each chapter on a forum?
  • edited 2011-09-24 12:46:40
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yep.

Also, each segment will start off with a "segment history" thing containing a linked list of segments up to that point, which should also help.

I'm almost done moving everything from the "Alan flees" branch.

Edit:I'm done with that half now. I'll start work on the other one in a minute.
  • No rainbow star
    ^.^ I still love how we caught you off guard by taking the story in a direction you didn't even expect
    Yeah, that was pretty awesome.

I like how it led to me writing a segment where Alan's having a friendly chat with Powers right after writing the segment where he slits his throat.

Anyway, I've got everything in the branch where Alan takes the job up to the first four-way split done. I might be done with the move by the end of the day.
  • No rainbow star
    I liked the slitting his throat part :D
    Phew. I've finished moving the entire story to its own forum in a more readable format. I hope some of the people who weren't following it before will do so now.
  • Note that I said you'd be allowed to provide a followup action to a segment. I didn't say you had to pick the most recent one.

http://xkcd.com/169/

Um...that wasn't supposed to be a joke or anything?

Also, reading this thread is kinda pointless now.
  • I know it wasn't supposed to be a joke.  But it's still a little strange to expect people to be able to figure out what you meant when what you said was something that could (and probably should) have been interpreted differently.

And I know that reading this thread is pointless now.  In fact, that's why I waited until now to comment on that... >.>

• edited 2011-09-24 16:41:39
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, fair enough. I was in a weird mood when I started this.