If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Now on its own site in a more readable format - Infinite Tree

Comments

• edited 2011-09-06 20:17:12
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    (from here)

Alan wonders how a facility this size isn't on all the maps.

"Wow...how do you keep this thing off of Google Maps?"

Powers nods. "It's a lot simpler than you'd think, actually. Ever since Kessler syndrome started to set in midway through the twenties, it got harder and harder to take satellite photos, with it becoming altogether impossible to put something in orbit in the early forties. The modern maps are made using aerial photography, of course, and since we don't allow flyovers, all the photo maps of this area date back to 2041 at the latest, and we didn't start building until years after that."
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    (from here)

Alan hits the button with an eye. A red light blinks on above a slot to the right of the buttons. It seems he'll need to get an ID before he can go to that floor.
  • You can change. You can.
    INUH, is there a way to follow all of these properly?
    (from here)

Alan hits the button with an eye. A red light blinks on above a slot to the right of the buttons. It seems he'll need to get an ID before he can go to that floor.
  • edited 2011-09-07 21:26:58
    ^^Yes. That's what the links are for. Go to the first post and click on the choice you're selecting. To find out where a post comes from, click on (from here).
    (from here)

Alan hits the button with a badge. A red light blinks on above a slot to the right of the buttons. It seems he'll need to get an ID before he can go to that floor.
  • You can change. You can.
    Well, I meant, something like a chart, to detail which branch is each and all that.
    (from here)

Alan hits the button with a badge. A red light blinks on above a slot to the right of the buttons. It seems he'll need to get an ID before he can go to that floor.
    Sadly, no. There will be at some point, as soon as I figure out how best to implement it.
    (from here)

Alan hits the button with a wrench. A red light blinks on above a slot to the right of the buttons. It seems he'll need to get an ID before he can go to that floor.
    (from here)

Alan hits the button with a wrench. A red light blinks on above a slot to the right of the buttons. It seems he'll need to get an ID before he can go to that floor.
    Right, now that all the inaccessible floors are done, I'll do the floor that actually does something :P
  • edited 2011-09-07 21:58:58
    (from here)

Alan hits the button with a desk. The elevator moves downward for a bit, then the door opens. The elevator is at the end of a long hallway. At the far end is an imposing set of oak doors. Midway through the hallway is a door going off to the side. A man in blue clothes is kneeling in front of the closer door and fiddling with the lock.

Alan...

• edited 2011-09-07 21:42:46
    (from here)

Alan hits the button with a desk. The elevator moves downward for a bit, then the door opens. The elevator is at the end of a long hallway. At the far end is an imposing set of oak doors. Midway through the hallway is a door going off to the side.
  • edited 2011-09-07 21:52:32
    I'm kinda curious: how many people are actually reading this? Because I only seem to really be getting comments from three, and all the suggestions I've had in the last while were from Icalasari...
  • edited 2011-09-14 23:53:16
    (from here)

Alan approaches the man. As he draws closer, it becomes clear that the man is picking the lock with a broken hairpin. Should he really be doing that?

Alan...

• edited 2011-09-07 22:04:34
    Added to my list. I think I'm going to take a moment and try to construct a chart of the branches so far, though.

Feel free to keep suggesting, everyone. There's one branch that still has no suggestions, despite being fairly interesting (at least, I thought so).
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Which branch?
  • No rainbow star
    Ah, missed that when I posted that time

Steal the crate

Talk to the man

Remain hidden
  • edited 2011-09-08 21:24:21
    Map of the Infinite Tree so far.

• No rainbow star
    The dead ends should use red text
    Yeah, probably...I'll do that in the next version.
  • edited 2011-09-08 21:30:09
    No rainbow star
    Also you missed a path. The one where the guy camouflages himself and sneaks away from the tree he was taking cover under

No, wait, yeah, that IS the one missing. The quickly but stealthily had no cover
    I don't think I've written that up yet. I only included stuff I've actually written.
  • No rainbow star
    Ah, ok then
  • edited 2011-09-14 23:54:34
    (from here)

Alan asks the man what he's doing.

"Um...do I need to call security? It kinda looks like you're picking a lock..."

The man continues his work without even looking at Alan. "Yep. Idiot left the key to the closet in the closet, so there's no other way in. Stupid self-locking doors..."

There's a click and the man pulls the door open. "Really easy. Not sure if I should be glad or worried."

The man stands and turns to Alan. His hair is grizzled brown and he has a long beard. "You must be the new guy. I'm George. Head of maintenance. Nice to meet you."
  • edited 2011-09-15 00:03:04
    (from here)

Alan steals the crate.

It's not a difficult task; the man's quite lost in thought and sweating profusely. He must be having a stressful day. As he sits down, Alan simply plucks the crate from his lap. It's a grey plastic crate, about three feet to a side, with a hinged top.

Startled -- far too startled for such a mundane occurrence -- the man springs to his feet. "WHOA! Don't...no, be careful with that. It's...really, really fragile. Just...set it down."