If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Now on its own site in a more readable format - Infinite Tree

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    (from here)

Alan maintains that he's not a terrorist, but decides to threaten the captain anyway.

"Look, I'm not a terrorist, but I do need to get out of here and I am armed. Just tell people I was threatening you, and you get to be the poor victim, do an interview and write a book or something. Just get me out of here."

The captain sighs and sets off for land.
  • edited 2011-09-05 18:21:40
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    (from here)

Alan tries his best to convince the captain.

"Look, this...this is all just a misunderstanding that got out of hand."

The captain doesn't look convinced.

Alan spends some time trying to explain the situation, unaware that Powers was to check in with security if there was a delay but everything was okay.

Thus, he is quite surprised during the short time between the Yggdrasil being struck by a torpedo and his death.

END OF PATH.
    (from here)

Alan watches the captain closely.

He doesn't try anything; he's too smart for that.

It's a few hours to the mainland, and the silence is even more awkward than the one on the way out, but eventually, they near Nova Scotia.

As the shore becomes visible, so do several black helicopters hovering over it.
    Um...I think I'm caught up on all outstanding suggestions. Have I missed any?
  • edited 2011-09-05 18:28:36
    You can change. You can.
  • edited 2011-09-05 23:07:00
    (from here)

Alan heads inside.

He presses the button next to the door Powers indicated, and it opens into an elevator. The floor buttons aren't numbered, but rather labeled with pictures. An eye, a badge, a wrench, a crate, a bullet train and a boat. Powers presses the bullet train button and the elevator begins moving.

"So...what's my schedule? When do I start working."

"Well, it's a Sunday, so you won't start until tomorrow. But for now, you need to speak to the director, Dr. Edwards. He's in the administrative area, on the East Tower. You can get there by taking the transport in either direction, clockwise or counterclockwise. It's the same distance either way."

The elevator stops with the standard "ding" noise, then the door opens, revealing a large, spacious room taking up the entire floor, with load-bearing pillars at regular intervals.

On either side of the floor is a bullet train in a glass tube. The inner one faces South, the outer one North.

"To use the trains, you just get in the one you want to take and press a button indicating your destination. I believe this is where we part ways."

As Alan steps out of the elevator, Powers presses the "badge" button and the door shuts.

Alan...

• edited 2011-09-05 22:52:11
    (from here)

Alan takes the South route.

He steps into the car nearer the interior side of the facility. Near the front, there are several seats, each with a panel in front. On each panel are four buttons, labeled with the cardinal directions. He presses the "E" button. The train accelerates as quickly as is comfortable.

There's quite a view, since the train is high up and suspended in a glass tube. On the outside, he can see the sea. The Yggdrasil is already near the horizon. On the inside, he can see the interior of the Ring...odd...is that an island in the middle?

Alan...

• edited 2011-09-05 22:54:46
    (from here)

Alan takes the North route.

He steps into the car nearer the exterior side of the facility. Near the front, there are several seats, each with a panel in front. On each panel are four buttons, labeled with the cardinal directions. He presses the "E" button. The train accelerates as quickly as is comfortable.

There's quite a view, since the train is high up and suspended in a glass tube. On the outside, he can see the sea. The Yggdrasil is already near the horizon. On the inside, he can see the interior of the Ring...odd...is that an island in the middle?

Alan...

Yes, there was actually a point to that choice.

Two points, in fact.
  • OMG I knew it! :D

Im so smrt.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ Wait, the position of the Yggdrasil changes depending on the choice, doesn't it?
  • edited 2011-09-05 19:25:17
    Yes, but I described it as being on the outside of the Ring, which is neutral in terms of relative facing.

My power is out, so I probably can't update for awhile. Feel free to suggest stuff in the meantime, though.
  • No rainbow star
    Segment where you choose a train: Ask what the difference between north and south is, since the two trains ARE different. Inquire about things such as speed, integrity of the tracks, etc.
    Hmmm...since he immediately entered the elevator, I'm now forced to debate whether I should allow you to put decisions in the middle of a segment.

There's nothing indicating a difference between the trains, though, except that one goes clockwise and one goes counterclockwise.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Oh, must have misread that. Sorry

Hmm...
    I don't really want to suggest actions for you, but if you don't want to do anything at all during the ride, you could just say that.
  • edited 2011-09-05 21:27:18
    No rainbow star
    ...Wait, we can do stuff during the ride?

...Just because I'm curious...

For BOTH the north AND south segments, look for a way to stop the train

EDIT: OH! I think I know the difference. They'd arrive at the North and South towers before reaching the East
    That's a difference between them.

Right, typing up the next segments.
  • No rainbow star
    They would also reveal different parts of the island :D
  • edited 2011-09-05 21:46:34
    (from here)

Alan looks for a way to stop the train.

There's a fifth button in the center of the button panel with a red exclamation point in a triangle. It looks like it's only meant to be pressed in emergencies.

Alan...

^^That's another difference, yes.
  • edited 2011-09-05 21:47:29
    (from here)

Alan looks for a way to stop the train.

There's a fifth button in the center of the button panel with a red exclamation point in a triangle. It looks like it's only meant to be pressed in emergencies.

Alan...

• No rainbow star
    Both segments: Hit the emergency button
    ^^For the second, I should note that it's not a big boat or anything. Something like this.
  • But, it has towers! And... towers! D:
  • edited 2011-09-05 21:41:32
    No rainbow star
    ^^ That would have been nice to know on the segments where we killed Powers

Segment where Alan knocks him out cold: Toss him on board the Yggdrasil then take Powers' boat back to shore, to an abandoned area. Try to set it up so you pass within swimming distance of an island but make it so that the boat doesn't look like it is on course, then abandon the boat and swim to the island, having the boat careen to land as a decoy

...>.> <.<
    ^^The towers are the facility itself.
  • Oh.

._.

Neeeeevermind.