If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Now on its own site in a more readable format - Infinite Tree

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Hmmm...should I make a map at some point?
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:31:26
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    (from here)

Alan realizes the loophole in his question.

"So what happens to me if I don't take the job?"

Powers laughs again. "You're really nervous, aren't you? We'd send you back to shore, of course."

Alan...

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Yes, make a map, please
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:27:22
    (from here)

Alan presses the button.

The train comes screeching to a halt so fast that Alan falls out of his chair.

Alan...

• edited 2011-09-05 22:28:30
    (from here)

Alan presses the button.

The train comes screeching to a halt so fast that Alan falls out of his chair.

Alan...

Will do.
  • No rainbow star
    Both stop segments: Search the train for weapons

For the loophole segment: Ask Powers to put the gun somewhere he can't readily access, just to put you at ease
  • edited 2011-09-05 21:52:34
    Map one: the Ring is somewhere in the red circle.

More maps coming.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Ok, before you enact my getaway, I'd like to make a map showing what I plan to do
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:00:40
    Cool.

Map two: overhead of the ring, displaying both the outer (clockwise) track and the inner (counterclockwise) track. Radius is five miles. Yes, I'm aware of how ridiculous that is.
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:01:45
    No rainbow star
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:03:27
    And for the "search the train for weapons" suggestion, I should probably just go ahead and say that there's nothing on the trains at all except for the seats and the button panels, so there's no need to do a search.

EDIT: Nice. I will write that up shortly.
  • No rainbow star
    Alright then. For both trains, search for a way to force the door open
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:12:32
    I ran into a bit of a research problem. Does "Kelpy Cove," the bay on the Easternmost part of Nova Scotia, look like cliffs or beach to you guys? I'm using Google Earth.
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:15:09
    No rainbow star
    ^

Apparently Kelpy Cove is the base
    Ah. Well, that answers that. I'll finish up the next segment momentarily.
  • edited 2011-09-05 23:18:08
    (from here)

Alan decides to take Powers' boat most of the way to shore and use it as a decoy.

First, he throws Powers up onto the Yggdrasil, then he climbs onto the other boat and heads toward the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

As soon as Nova Scotia and the helicopters flying above it are in sight, he sets the boat to go just north of it, then jumps out with a life vest and swims toward shore. The helicopters seem to have spotted the boat; they move to intercept it.

He arrives at the eastmost peninsula on the island. The small beach he washes up on is, fortunately, deserted.

He's completely exhausted. He needs to find somewhere to rest now.

Alan...

• No rainbow star
    Find the nearest bit of cover and rest under it
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:43:49
    (from here)

Alan decides to force the door open.

Hmmm...he doesn't have any implements to open it with. He'd try his hands, but it looks like the door slides into the wall. How irritating. Apparently, he'll just have to wait for a rescue.

Alan...

• edited 2011-09-05 22:45:36
    (from here)

Alan decides to force the door open. 

Hmmm...he doesn't have any implements to open it with. He'd try his hands, but it looks like the door slides into the wall. How irritating. Apparently, he'll just have to wait for a rescue.

Alan...

• No rainbow star
    Both Train Segments: Look at the island out the window

Both Train Segments (Before hitting the switch): Sit down and enjoy the ride while looking at the island

Choosing a Train Segment: Take North Train but stop at the North Station instead

Choosing a Train Segment: Take South Train but stop at the South Station instead
    (from here)

Alan makes a grim joke.

"In a body bag, right?"

Powers laughs yet again. "You watch too many spy movies, Dr. Ashford."
    (from here)

Alan looks at the island.

The train didn't get very far South before stopping, so it's pretty much the same view. It's not a very big island, but it seems to have quite an ecosystem going, from what he can tell 4.9 miles away. There's a hill, and some trees, and a little beach. Looks quite nice, really. Why did they build the ring around it?

Shouldn't someone have come to help Alan by now?
  • edited 2011-09-05 22:44:53
    (from here)

Alan looks at the island. 

The train didn't get very far North before stopping, so it's pretty much the same view. It's not a very big island, but it seems to have quite an ecosystem going, from what he can tell 5.1 miles away. There's a hill, and some trees, and a little beach. Looks quite nice, really. Why did they build the ring around it? 

Shouldn't someone have come to help Alan by now?
  • edited 2011-09-05 23:26:26
    (from here)

Alan sits back and watches the island while he waits.

It's not a very big island, but it seems to have quite an ecosystem going, from what he can tell 4.9 miles away. There's a hill, some trees, a little beach...

As the train swings along the southern edge of the Ring, he sees that there's a little pond in the woods.

Before too long, the train arrives at its destination. An electronic voice declares the arrival.

"Now arriving at East Tower - Administration. Current time: 11:55 AM."

The doors open into a room much like its Western counterpart, with pillars and an elevator.

Alan...

• edited 2011-09-05 23:27:55
    (from here)

Alan sits back and watches the island while he waits.

It's not a very big island, but it seems to have quite an ecosystem going, from what he can tell 5.1 miles away. There's a hill, some trees, a little beach...

As the train swings along the northern edge of the Ring, he sees that there's a cliff on that side of the mountain.

Before too long, the train arrives at its destination. An electronic voice declares the arrival.

"Now arriving at East Tower - Administration. Current time: Noon."

The doors open into a room much like its Western counterpart, with pillars and an elevator.

Alan...

• edited 2011-09-05 23:13:23
    (from here)

Alan decides to stop by the North tower first.

He gets in the clockwise train and presses a button labeled "N."

As the train slides toward its destination, Alan sees an island in the center of the Ring. Why did they build the ring around it?

Soon, the train arrives at its destination. An electronic voice declares the arrival.

"Now arriving at North Tower - Agriculture. Current time: 11:46."

The elevator door opens and a man in blue clothes steps out, carrying a large box. He doesn't seem to notice Alan as he heads to the westbound train.

Alan...

(from here)

Alan decides to stop by the South tower first.

He gets in the clockwise train and presses a button labeled "S."

As the train slides toward its destination, Alan sees an island in the center of the Ring. Why did they build the Ring around it?

Soon, the train arrives at its destination. An electronic voice declares the arrival.

"Now arriving at South Tower - Residence. Current time: 11:43."

• edited 2011-09-05 23:08:52
    No rainbow star
    Follow the man

And that must be the key difference, right? :D?