If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ok, seriously, what would you like to see in a text adventure style RPG on these boards?

Comments

• edited 2011-09-04 21:00:37
    No rainbow star
    ^^^^ I like the sound of a Steampunk RP

^^ Nobody would be allowed to play as Chagen just because I think everybody could see where that would head
  • So do you mind if I make an utterly stupid/ridiulous text adventure thread myself? Since you seem to be abandoning yours.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I remember Tnophelia no Yume.
  • $80+ per session
    Also, I don't want to do a multi-fandom crossover thing. Those are annoying.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Steampunk?

Cyberpunk?

Either of these would be cool.

I did have an idea once, but it would just require too many players.
  • You can change. You can.
    Hmmm...I don't know if I could pull of Don. Maybe Juan.

I'd like to see you try.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Supernatural western.
  • $80+ per session
    I like Malkavian's idea much.
  • No rainbow star
    Go ahead Chagen
  • Sweet. I'll try it out later.
  • No rainbow star
    Malkavian: Your idea. It is good. I can already picture weapons and everything for the game
    Horror and Western is seriously a genre blend I'm surprised hasn't happened more often. The setting just gives the perfect set-up and atmosphere.
  • No rainbow star
    Mmm... Yes... I want to do this... NOW!

Anybody want to start brainstorming what a Supernatural Western Horror RP should entail?
  • $80+ per session
    Well, let's think about which way we want to go about it.

Demons, Ghosts, Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves...
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Skinwalkers would belong to the setting. They are the Native American version of Werewolves. Evil shamans who wear the skins of wolves and become them
    I'd say Lovecraftian Horror would make a lot of sense. Going into a new area, strange natives, and a creepy environment that could just destroy you at any moment.
  • edited 2011-09-04 21:41:27
    [tɕagɛn]
    of course everyone ignores mine

everyone ignores everything I do

• No rainbow star
    ^ What are you talking about?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Chagen, please don't try to make this about you. Your one just looks boring.

I'm not sure how well the feel of Westerns would fit with horror, but I guess I don't know too much about them.
  • $80+ per session
    I really like the idea of a Lovecraftian Horror Western.
  • No rainbow star
    Hmm... I think I have a few Lovecraftian creature ideas in storage
  • Cygan: The entire point it to derail it into something interesting.

Have some imagination.
    Why, though? What I consider interesting ain't necessarily what everyone else does.
  • No rainbow star
    What was Chagen's idea, though?
  • Cygan: Anything.

The point is that everyone's idea of "utterly insane" collides together to make a giant mess of insanity.
  • $80+ per session
    Maybe it's just you, Chagen.

Let's here your Lovecraftian ideas Icalasari. It could also just be a generic entity.
  • edited 2011-09-04 21:51:01
    No rainbow star
    Oh, NOW I get it

I just hadn't gotten around to reading that thread until just before this post

Anyways, back to discussing the rp :D

EDIT: Vivi: The Yellow Man, for one. I'll type it up and put it in a fresh post
  • No rainbow star
    The Yellow Man

Not so much lovecraftian (he CAN be looked at), but he is an unbeatable force. He was one a mortal man that was a criminal and who practiced magic. The stuff he dealt with left his skin stained yellow

He was caught and put to death, his eyes and mouth sewn shut. After he died, they buried his body in a shallow grave, having tied up his arms and legs. He came back, infected with what he experimented with, and went after the people who killed him first

While killing them, he was spotted by another person, whom he added on his list. This lead to another, and another, and another

His abilities are instant teleportation when not being observed (he can still hop when observed). He feeds off of the life force of others, hoping to be brought back to full death. He won't target you if you are near someone, even if you spotted him. However, the definition gets stricter and stricter (first you can be in the same house. Then the same room. Then within a certain distance. At one point, you could be in the middle of a crowd and if no one is even paying attention to you, with attention 'broken' if they so much as blink, you vanish. His feeding time goes down the longer you evade him as well

His arms and legs are gangly and he is skeletal. His skin is jaundiced, and the binds have become part of his limbs. When he sucks the life force from somebody, they become mummified and gaunt
  • "Maybe it's just you, Chagen."

Can you like, try not to add thinly-velied personal attacks to your posts towards me?
  • $80+ per session
    What I was saying Chagen was that maybe you just read to much into things, like now.