If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Ok, seriously, what would you like to see in a text adventure style RPG on these boards?

edited 2011-09-04 20:21:44 in Roleplaying
No rainbow star
Putting this under roleplaying because I plan to use this as an OoC chat for the game after deciding

Since the first attempt ended in... Having sexual relations with two dead guards, one of which was killed with vomit, then ripping off the arms, I'd like to try again, but with a bit of a firmer limit

So, first off, multiple entities or everybody controls the same person?

Comments

• edited 2011-09-04 20:22:46
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm sorry.  I was just in a silly mood.

You could reserve the right to not take dumbass suggestions like the ones I gave.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^ Well, that one I think was more or less a good way to see what happens when somebody lets you guys get away with anything
  • $80+ per session
    There should be less table tops. And more of the "post a character sheet", "post as that character" variety.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ No idea what is up with the table tops part of that post... But alright, so a character sheet for a text adventure
  • $80+ per session
    No. Not text adventure.

I want to be in a regular forum RP type of thing.
  • No rainbow star
    Oh, alright

Well, I've run a few forum rps, so I can handle that. Any genre preference?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Ponies?
  • edited 2011-09-04 20:40:36
    $80+ per session
    A Pony RP might be fun.

But so might a lot of things.
    I was kidding.

Fuck Ponies

There is already a Pony RP.
  • $80+ per session
    I was gonna say that, but thought it wouldn't matter.

I GUESS IT FUCKING DOES.

IJBM: THE RP.
  • edited 2011-09-04 20:43:59
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Really? O.o
  • $80+ per session
    The catch is...you play as a member that isn't you.
  • $80+ per session
    It would be Fantasy/Sci-fi/FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
  • Don't let me play as Chagen. I'll get banned.
  • edited 2011-09-04 20:45:05
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Don't think I could run that. There are people more qualified than me due to actually knowing things about the other members
    I would enjoy this, although my participation would be divided to my breaks and my non-TF2 time.

Hmmm, as long as it isn't high fantasy (humans vs. elves vs. dwarves/orcs/dragons/etc.) because I have gotten HFRP out of my system, as are Victorian Vampire roleplaying so a refresh would be nice.
  • edited 2011-09-04 20:46:32
    $80+ per session
    I could see myself running something like that.

The plot: GMH is sucked into the internet and has to travel with a few other members sucked into the internet and save IJBM and THE WORLD from being destroyed by a virus trying to take form.

IJAM: HFRP looks vaguely like HERP, which is the noise dumb people make.
  • edited 2011-09-04 20:47:20
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Sounds like fun :D

Who would I be...? (What? I said that I would suck at running it and you said that you could see yourself running it)
  • >The catch is...you play as a member that isn't you.

I'll play as Counterclock, then.

"Oh DonZabu, you're so ravishing. And The Beach Boys are the greatest band in the world."
  • $80+ per session
    DonZabu, I can say with 100% certainty that you would not be able to play Counterclock the WAY SHE WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.
  • No rainbow star
    Hmm... I could play as Dr. Ivo Robotnik! :D

>.> <.<

...Wow, I really don't know you guys well enough to think of who to be. All I can come up with is Vorpy/Bob/Vivi, and only because they seem to have strong personalities (read: slightly insane overly sexual)
  • edited 2011-09-04 20:53:05
    ^^ Fine then. You're such an expert, why don't you roleplay me the way I was meant to be played?

/thisoughtabefun
  • $80+ per session
    Hmmm...I don't know if I could pull of Don. Maybe Juan.
  • No rainbow star
    Wonder if somebody could pull ME off? :D?
  • $80+ per session
    In all seriousness, I do want to do an RP here. Just not sure what we all wanna do.

Space?

Steampunk?

Cyberpunk?

Slice of Life?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    >Wonder if somebody could pull ME off?
    Well not from here, my arms aren't that long.
  • I still like your "roleplay as other forum posters" idea, even if it would lead to inevitable flamewars.
  • $80+ per session
    We'd just have to be careful, keep it regulated, rules, etc.