If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The conclusion of the knight vs. samurai debate.

edited 2011-08-29 06:34:14 in IJAM
One foot in front of the other, every day.

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    >:|
  • edited 2011-08-29 06:46:49
    Belief
    Concept on Concept action is never gonna have satisfying results., only satisfying playouts.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^ 8D

^ As if this conclusion wasn't satisfying. The Black Knight would be so proud!

Of course, everyone ignores the other possibility, wherein knights and samurai become bestest buds.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    8D

is never gonna have satisfying,

What?
  • When you have 2 things, before you mix them up in the stew, you have to test which is the better ingredient.

Thus, if you wrote a fanfiction where King Arthur teamed up with Samurai, I would read it...

• I derped, Results, Results T_T
  • Clean your room little Billy
    If it weren't for the 70's film quality, this could be the denouement of a Deadliest Warrior episode. Well, except for the helmets. What's up with those?
  • It took a minute and 20 seconds of my life for them to start fighting.

I want them back.
    I derped, Results, Results T_T

Ah, that makes sense. Carry on.
  • edited 2011-08-29 06:50:44
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^^^^^ 8D

The logic bomb in your fanfic idea, Clocky, is that King Arthur predates samurai as we know them. /knightwank
    Although there was some degree of trade between Japan and Europe beginning in the 1500s, so it's not completely unthinkable that a knight and samurai would meet, even if there's no account of them duking it out officially (although Japan got its ass kicked by Sweden once, apparently).
    8D

8D
  • edited 2011-08-29 06:53:28
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I can't beat that. You win.
    Well the text size only goes to 7.

But one can go further:

8D

◕ ‿‿ ◕

Using the Wikipedia emoticon list is cheating, y'know.
    That's not the Wikipedia emoticon list. That's a PMMM fandom thing. I learned how to type that way back in February while the show was still airing and I still cared about it.

It's a Kyuubey smile.
    For reference, the full emoticon:

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    It's on the list. (-o 'A')-o
  • ‿‿
    Check the edit history and see when it was added there, silly :P

/人 ‿‿ 人\

‿‿
    /人 ‿‿ 人\
  • No rainbow star

◕ ◕ ◕ ◕ ‿‿ ◕ ◕ ◕ ◕
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Hey guys what's going on in this threa-

*Walks away slowly.*
  • They're somethin' else.
    Didn't samurai guest star in Capcom's Knights of the Round?
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    The logic bomb in your fanfic idea, Clocky, is that King Arthur predates samurai as we know them."

Didn't stop Nasu.
  • Electric Boogaloo
    I'd like to see at least one fight between a gunslinger (Or any warrior profession with a gun for that matter) go up against a samurai and have bullets act realistically: They travel too fucking fast for the samurai to block with a sword, even if he blocked with a sword, his sword would become warped/damaged/flat-out broken, an in-flight bullet is impossible to be sliced through with a katana, any gunslinger worth his salt could shoot the samurai while he's charging forth without the samurai being able to sidestep around bullets and shit, a bullet travels too fast for the naked eye to track it and thus a samurai could not successfully block it with his sword, etc.

Basically, almost every modern samurai fictional work is bullshit.
    ^^ Needs moar elaboration.

^ In reality, samurai (or any equivalent) were not well-known for blindly charging into gunfire. Samurai themselves were known to use guns regularly during the Meiji conflicts and, although considered distasteful, they employed them as early as the 16th century.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Nasu is the writer for TYPE-MOON, the creators of Fate/Stay Night. Which featured King Arthur. And a samurai. ...And a lot of other historical figures, actually.