If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM: IJBM has turned into "let's talk about TV Tropes."

Comments

• edited 2011-08-12 02:51:49
    You can change. You can.
    It's not as if we had more than one. 

Also, if there's one thing I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever want the people in this board to discuss, it is anything related to religion or philosophy. It tends to devolve into fuckheaded retardshitposting.
  • Because I would rather have another TT thread than another stupid argument between morons that convinces one of our best members to leave. God, it still pisses me off.
  • ^^ It's not as if the original IJBM didn't have the same problem.
  • edited 2011-08-12 02:53:38
    You can change. You can.
    That too, really.

^Yeah, well, I never said that the original IJBM was paradise.
  • D--> We c001d always talk about musclebeasts
  • ^^ Yeah, I'm not sure why I said that.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Religion and philosophy discussions would be great if we could somehow destroy personal biases. Same with Mac Vs. PC and vidya debates.

Cygan: My point is the my own personal threads have nothing to do with TV Tropes, but are ignored for the ones that are, and that is annoying. I want this board to disconnect itself from Tv Tropes.
  • edited 2011-08-12 02:57:17
    You can change. You can.
    > I want this board to disconnect itself from Tv Tropes.

I want a billion dollars and to be the most amazingly creative director of my time.

I am not retarded enough to actually think those are fully viable, though.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Threads to do on the main pages:

24 not to do with TVTropes, 4 to do with TVTropes, one of which is a Back Room category thread.

I suppose my count is off though, because of all the Back Room threads.

I do not think I am supposed to tell you about the Back Room.

Oh well.
  • You can change. You can.
    Meh, INUH showed us when he gave me a MOFW way back when. 
  • edited 2011-08-12 02:59:42
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^^My Blue Lantern ring is in the mail.

In any case, while it might not be viable, I still try to act as though it can happen.
  • (a) We already know about he Back Room; INUH posted a screenshot in MOFW

(b) There aren't many threads about TVT, but the few that are tend to get more activity than those that aren't. (Though less so today than recently)
  • edited 2011-08-12 03:01:44
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    It can definitely happen. It just won't happen because of people whining about it, it will only happen because of a gradual dissociation with the site caused by the board going in a different direction than that site.

^ I know. Still not supposed to talk about it though.
  • ...Is it weird for me to be all emo about never having been a mod anywhere?
  • edited 2011-08-12 03:04:18
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^I agree, and I'm trying to foster that with indifference, which is the only thing that can do so.

^I was a mod on a shitty Harry Potter RP board once. I hope you all can forgive me.
    I honestly don't see it happening. I mean, when at least half of our userbase hail from there and the like, it is almost virtually impossible.

I just think we should accept it as part of our site's identity and try to minimalize it instead of trying to exterminate it. Specially as it is the kind of thing that only goes away if you don't bring it up that much. 

Also, if you aren't really interedted in the whole TvT thing, you can't post in the other threads. There are many others here who don't care as well. It isn't hardly two and three. And if you guys post and I'm interested in replying, I do so, regardless of participating in the TvT thread as well. 
  • edited 2011-08-12 03:06:14
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    ... Malkavian, I am disowning you.

Yeah, i expect the whole TVTropes interest on this board will die down once this is over. Then I will finally start a liveblog.

^ No, it certainly is possible.
  • I was planning to do the same thing.

Granted, my liveblog is going to be of a highway, so no one will care, but...at least it will keep me busy.
    Hence, virtually.

It can happen. But the possibility of it happening is highly unlikely. And I honestly don't care. I just care about posting in threads that interest me and I'm fine with the topic of TvT. 
    ;_; I'm sorry Cygan! What must I do to redeem myself in your eyes?!
  • D--> You certainly w001d not be alone, CentralAvenue
    D--> I'm always hoping for the day when I get a chance to show off my STRONG leadership skills
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Malkavian: APOLOGIZE!
  • Oh good, Equius feels my pain.

That's...something, I guess.
    I'M SORRY! I WAS ONLY SIXTEEN! WE LEFT ANOTHER FORUM BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T LET US BE MUGGLES OR VAMPIRES! I WAS JUST A KID!
    I can't believe Bob likes Homestuck. I thought she hated it.
    WE LEFT ANOTHER FORUM BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T LET US BE MUGGLES OR VAMPIRES!

THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR FIRST CLUE >:O
  • I can't believe It's not butter.
    I honestly can't see Malk moderating a site.

OTOH, I can't honestly see myself moderating a site, even though I've often somehow dreamt that I could be a mod one day, because of...something. 

I dunno lol
    So, I just had to restrain the urge to go in and make Juan a temporary mod.

Hm.
  • ModHat ON

Juan, you will make out... errr, I mean up with Malk if you want to be on this site.