If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• Subtle. My english sucks.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    No, no, it was the correct word, I just don't see how it in any way applies to the trolls on OTC.
  • Just don't see why they're allowed to speak whatever they want, yet we're the ones who get into trouble when we criticize the TvT wiki and forums themselves.
  • You can change. You can.
    Just don't see why they're allowed to speak whatever they want, yet we're the ones who get into trouble when we criticize the TvT wiki and forums themselves.

Mostly because that's hot territory, as sooner or later, it's bound to hit a personal attack button.

Personally, I think that the only real problem with TvT is that they don't have strict moderation rules, because of the mistaken ideal if there are rules, then the trolls are harder to ban.

Except that...well, in practice...well, I think my point is clear.
  • edited 2011-08-19 18:20:41
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    To answer Juan's earlier question, I left just because I was getting bored. The conversations weren't fun and a good number of posters on places I tended to frequent were passive aggressive and confrontational and I didn't want to deal with the drama.
    But...but...what about all our ramblings on Doctor Who? D:
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    We can do that here, though. That's another big reason. With a few exceptions, the people I enjoy talking to the most tend to be here.
    Ah, true, I guess. 

Although, I must say it's kinda pathetic that you moved to this site just to stalk me. 
    I honestly didn't think you would be here as you joined after the nuking of IJBM.
  • What I don't get is the number of people who delete their accounts instead of just not posting anymore.

If I were an established member of a community, and I decided to leave, I wouldn't want to leave my username available for anyone to grab up.
    I honestly didn't think you would be here as you joined after the nuking of IJBM.

...but I did use IJBM

I even argued with Chagen about death of the author. Hell, I even remember Chagen getting tempbanned. 

I'm not remembered. ;_;

If I were an established member of a community, and I decided to leave, I wouldn't want to leave my username available for anyone to grab up.

wait, what

I thought that if you nuked your account, it meant that nobody could log on with it again?
    Wait, seriously? Dammit now I feel bad.

I also didn't follow Chagen's threads all too closely because they had a tendency to get drama-y and while I do allow myself to get sucked in sometimes I try not to get into it.
  • Well, the account-nuking-dealy was originally added as a way to ditch sockpuppets if you had too many, and there were quite a few cases where other people claimed the sockpuppets once they'd been deleted.

Eddie may have changed it without telling anyone, though, you know how he does that.
    Hey, it was my first day. All I remember was that I wanted to punch his avatar, Fetishes was weird. He went on a rant about how diaper fetishists all over the world were persecuted, someone banned him and there was gravedancing.

...man, what a first day.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    That's much more exciting than my first day. I just lurked a flame war about the word "weeaboo."

and wait someone could steal my username and impersonate me
  • edited 2011-08-19 18:49:04
    ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    Why I've pretty much left: pretty much everything Vorpy and Forzare said.

I don't like the higher administration. I don't like the policies. The fact that "no complaint threads" has spiraled into "NO NEGATIVITY, EVER" where any topic that seems like it could be the slightest bit negative yet still perfectly fucking reasonable gets locked in an instant. There are a lot of people there that piss me off in so many ways that somehow avoid getting banned. I've pretty much stopped caring about the wiki in general.
    Forzare: That is indeed correct. I'll probably change the password of my old account after I finish with the old account shenanigans.
  • edited 2011-08-19 18:55:34
    Poot dispenser here
    I'm still not gonna leave, if partially because there are the pages for Need For Speed, Test Drive and other 90's games that I obligate myself to keep an eye on.

That TRS thread, though, is really wearing on me because it's going in friggin' circles.

@Forzare: I think O'Malley replaced you, since he also uses a Keiichi avatar and reminds me of you.
    Yes, but O'Malley is not Forzare. As in, the account doesn't use the name of Forzare. Anyone can get Forzare's account as long as they remember the password.
  • edited 2011-08-19 19:07:50
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    He's had that avatar since my avatar was Archer. Which was after I stopped using Keiichi on TVTropes.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's the same picture of Keiichi.

The bastard.
  • Poot dispenser here
    It is.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @juan_carlos: Nope, I haven't seen the lit crit page, and didn't know there existed one.
    In fact, Jack Mackerel got banned because he removed the snarky part (With a dubious edit reason admittedly) 
  • edited 2011-08-19 19:36:32
    Poot dispenser here
    Jack Mackerel did get Edit Banned before for cutting out parts of Television Is Trying To Kill You with dubious edit reasons as well.

There was also the fact that with Lit Crit, he apparently jumped the gun while the TRS thread was still open.
    I was lurking the thread, and consensus had been reached. But whatever, I see your point. To me, it still seems like a bad reason to ban someone instead of trying any other punishments.

Anyway, the point is that the page was pretty much the pinnacle of TvT's problems: Anti intellectualism, pseudowit, lack of selfawareness and pretentiousness.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    TvTropes is anti-intellectual? I hadn't noticed.
    Have you noticed all the jabs at critics, dude? Michael Bay's page was (Or is, dunno) filled with quotes about how critics were insane for not liking these movies because they (They being the credits) taught that moves couldn't be about fun.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    This blog post may be a little harsh but I think it sums up why SA thinks TvT is anti-intellectual.

• Thus, why I don't read reviews pages.
  • $80+ per session
    What Myrm said. I notice that a lot of the quotes that SA and blogs like this use are taken from the worst spots of Tv Tropes. The Reviews, Troper Tales, OTC, just to name a few.
This discussion has been closed.