If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Thank you, Miss Counterclock.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

I NAME YOU "TROPER TALES' GUARDIAN"

MAY YOU BURN IN HELL.

Okay.

-sends TT into a pit of hellfire-
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Ah well, so you wouldn't mind me fixing it while you're all indifferent
    and shit, would ya?

If you are fixing stuff, I have no reason to complain. Actually, it would probably be a good idea if I clean up some stuff myself.

But regarding Troper Tales... Well, I don't like this. I don't like this at all. More and more "no" counts come in and less and less "yes" counts. And Madrugada seems to be bent on keeping it for some reason.

I have a bad feeling about this. A very bad one...
  • edited 2011-08-08 13:21:29
    So. While it would be inaccurate to say that the mods want to keep Troper Tales around, it is accurate to say that the second-highest ranking staff member does. And she takes a more involved role in how the wiki and forums are run than Fast Eddie.

Interesting.
    Not good. But she only had an objection and it was specifically that Nornagest didn't addres the entries posted under the new format.

As nornagest is planning on just doing that, well...let's just hope for the best there.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    It's 2.69:1 right now. Take that what you will.
    Anything below 3:1 is a bad sign. But maybe I'm just pessimistic.

The problem with such voting things is that it allows anybody to vote. Even complete imbeciles, who aren't receptive for anything that even just resembles reason, which is pretty much TT's main userbase.
  • Wait, there's a problem with the vote? Aren't the Yes votes exceeding the No votes?
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    It needs 2:1 to take, furthermore, it also need for the ratio to stabilize.
  • edited 2011-08-08 15:21:51
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    The ratio of yes's to no's have been on a steady decline as of late. Right now, it's more than enough to pass, but I am still worried.
  • When does voting close? Also, am I the only one who thinks there should be an automated system that only allows you to vote once you post?
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Hell no. If only those who post vote, it would run dry, because many people will have arguments too similar to be posted so many times repeatedly.
  • I just think a lot of the No votes are coming from people who just don't want their comfort zone taken.
    Just a random question with no actual reason, just simple curiosity:

Is it bad that, if someone says that they like TT, my opinion about that person lowers?
  • You're most certainly not the only one.
  • edited 2011-08-08 15:45:33
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Depends on why they like it. If they genuinely think it contributes anything meaningful to TVTropes, then I wouldn't find a lowered opinion of them to be unacceptable. If they just laugh at all the inept, creepy nerds with nowhere else to go, I don't see the problem.
    @Nyarly: If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, my opinion of him has always been low. 

Especially because double ban evasion is uncool and just plain not getting the message.
  • Argh why did my holler about that guy's ban evasion go unanswered? :(
  • Then why is he allowed back?
    I'll be frank, I have no idea who you are talking about.
  • ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    Yeah, he's a double-ban-evader?
  • edited 2011-08-08 15:51:55
    You can change. You can.
    I'll give you a hint:

He's a very bitter man, who puts some...raw effort into his posts and displays great amounts of power. He's incredibly hot headed.

ETA: Admittedly, this is one of those "It's obvious it's him" deals rather than a 100% sure deal, so...um...yeah
  • edited 2011-08-08 15:58:10
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I still don't know who it is, but I have an idea. Although I don't think I encountered him before he got banned.

I noticed that the votes are moving in the 2:1 area for quite a while. While it didn't go over 3:1 again, it never dropped below 2:1 so far. That may be a good sign...
    Meh, let's be blunt here. If it's bad for me to do so, any mod can thump me anyway.

Good guy Greg = Raw Power = Ardiente. 
  • edited 2011-08-08 15:58:24
    It's pretty obvious who we are referring to even if you know nothing about him other than that he has just admitted he likes TT, a question you put forth.

You ruined it, Juan. Oh well, at least I can now mention his name from here on.
    It was either that or allowing a hurricane of puns coming down upon us.

Nobody would want that happening.
  • edited 2011-08-08 16:01:23
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Oh, so I did encounter him before. Well, he never did a lasting impression on me, so I didn't recognize him. At least, I guessed right.

Actually, I had a vague idea before, since Ivy mentioned in the thread on TV Tropes that he shouldn't be there.
    You really don't go onto OTC, huh?

Lucky you.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Wait, he's Raw Power? That I did not expect.
This discussion has been closed.