If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Well, the first went well, and the second's definitely improving things.

The way to repair the TRS is to just get more people to visit it. Right now, half its population seemingly consists of people who hate change.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Only half?

I don't know. I'd like to participate more but the atmosphere there drives me nuts.
  • At least they aren't accusing you of trying to rape their favorite tropes!
  • edited 2011-08-05 11:38:51
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Well, it had a positive ratio before we spread the word, didn't it?

Seriously, though, if people don't start making themselves brave the TRS despite its...interesting...atmosphere, it'll just get worse, and the wiki with it.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Yeah, but I like to imagine at least 60% of those people were upvoting it just to make the others squirm in their seats.

@ Ivy: Yet.

@ INUH: The thing is, while it may get worse, you have to take a look at how bad it is now and ask yourself, is it worth it for you to go in and try and help?

Not is it worth it for the Wiki, but is it worth it for you?
    If The Mario gets renamed, my answer would have to be "yes."
    I would have to say, considering my home circumstances at the moment, this added stress was what pushed me over the edge into my breakdown last night.
    :<

Maybe you should take a break, then. There are a lot of other people handling it now.
  • Hope you feel better soon, Cygan.
    No, it is okay. A large part of everything that has been stressing me for months is finally going to be gone tomorrow, so yay~
    Well, that's good to hear.
  • edited 2011-08-05 12:47:26
    Ouch, yeah, I'm glad to hear you're (going to be) doing better, but next time you end up getting that stressed over TRS I would definitely suggest taking a step back.

At the end of the day, nothing on TV Tropes really matters in comparison to your health.
  • This thread ruined my life all over again. I'm reading Chronicle of a Death Foretold and I can't concentrate on enjoying the thing because my mind is too busy looking for tropes to add.
  • You can change. You can.
    OTOH, you're reading a Chronicle of a Death Foretold. 

I approve. :D
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
  • ?

How do you post Youtube videos?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Just post the url and it should load itself in the post.
  • edited 2011-08-07 03:05:45
    ^ This.

Also, if it shows up as a blue hyperlink, re-copy the url into Notepad, copy that, and then paste it into the post.
  • Dark: I kind of want them to find it out the hard way, but that's probably a terrible idea. Sure, go ahead and tell them.
  • edited 2011-08-07 03:11:21

Excellent.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    .....I now like that song.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    At the end of the day, nothing on TV Tropes really matters

I think that's the only sensible thing, I ever read here.
    And yet you keep coming here, whining about how we're dumb and you hate this site. 
  • edited 2011-08-07 12:53:31
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Hey, I mostly did this on TV Tropes. Also, I stopped doing that, since I realized how whiny and dumb that is. Also, the same goes for this place and pretty much the entire internet. I really shouldn't get worked up about irrelevant things.

Of course, I don't actually hate this site (even though I told this myself because... actually for no real reason). I wouldn't come here at all, if that were the case.

People who are dumb... Well, there are some here, but not really many (otherwise, I would wonder why you come here, since I can't imagine that dumb people are your preferred conversational partners).
    Agreed. You really shouldn't. 
  • For what it's worth, as a solidly pro-Tv Tropes editor, I agree. Nothing on TV Tropes really matters any more than any other media-based website.

• edited 2011-08-07 13:00:13
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Except for the rename of Nakama. That one is serious business.
  • edited 2011-08-07 13:57:04
    I'm putting this here, since I'm not sure what thread it would otherwise go in to.

> A spot on wiki staff is open for a
    social-media intern to be the tweeting/facebooking voice of the wiki.
    Contact thestaff @ tvtrope.org.

First Echo Chamber, now this, all while the site crumbles. Priorities! >:(
  • edited 2011-08-07 14:03:55
    all while the site crumbles

You keep saying things like this, yet providing next to no evidence for it.

If this wasn't meant seriously, I apologize. I've given up trying to determine what's meant to be hyperbole and what's not at this point.
    I gotta say, that I think the wiki should put an emphasis on cleaning itself up before going and showing up in social networking. Both in terms of coding and in terms of content.
This discussion has been closed.