If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Slut Walks.

Comments

• edited 2011-05-22 22:49:56
    a little muffled
    @Chagen: So you're a Christian again?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The bible makes no mention on fetishes, and its passages on Homosexuality are ambiguous.

Remember when they mentioned, hmm, let's see, Sodom?
  • I'm pretty sure I saw the word "wives" plenty of times in the bible though.
  • I was never not a Christian.
  • Vorpy: Sodom's crime technically was being inhospitable guests. And trying to gang rape some women.
  • edited 2011-05-22 22:53:02
    a little muffled
    I was never not a Christian.
    Weren't you? I remember you being a agnostic or something at one point. Whatever, my bad.

Also, yeah, the Bible is pretty down with polygamy.
    and its passages on Homosexuality are ambiguous

Leviticus 18:22:

"You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a
    female; it is an abomination."
  • The Bible was written in a rather backwards time. Sola Scripta is not a good idea for many reasons.
  • a little muffled
    The Bible was written in a rather backwards time.
    So why can't the bits against promiscuity be seen as an artifact of that as well?
  • edited 2011-05-22 22:56:19
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The Bible was written in a rather backwards time.

Then why trust what it has to say on promiscuity?

NINJAS
  • The Bible is a very strange book. To be honest, upholding it as the sole authority on morality is a bad idea.

I'm opposed to polyamoury more on the grounds of it being deviant behaviour from the norm.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    And going by that definition... homosexuality isn't?
    I want to participate in a slut walk, but I don't have any good clothes for it. This makes me sad.

I have the clothes for a slut walk but doing it by myself would lose it's meaning...oh funnyguts, why art thou so far away?
  • edited 2011-05-22 23:00:18
    a little muffled

@Chagen:
    The Bible is a very strange book. To be honest, upholding it as the sole authority on morality is a bad idea.
    Then why did you use it as such earlier in the thread?
    I'm opposed to polyamoury more on the grounds of it being deviant behaviour from the norm.
    What, like having a diaper fetish?
  • Homosexuality is simply a switch of normal behavior. One goes for people of the same sex instead of the opposite.

However, Polyamoury is a vastly different behaviour than monoamoury.
    The Problem With Using The Bible As Morality Backup

The user will not agree with all of the things said in it, and will reject the parts they don't like to suit their own arguments.
  • a little muffled
    Polyamory is simply a switch of normal behaviour. One goes for multiple people instead of one.

However, homosexuality is a vastly different behaviour than heterosexuality. (Seriously, doing it in the butt? Gross.)
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @Chagen And a diaper fetish isn't against the norm?
  • edited 2011-05-22 23:05:26
    [tɕagɛn]
    In any case, one cannot love multiple people as they love one person. (this is my other reason againt polyamoury)

You are supposed to share your love with one person. Polyamourous relationships are shallow travesties of real love.
  • a little muffled
    In any case, one cannot love multiple people as they love one person.
    Why not?
    You are supposed to share your love with one person.
    Why?
  • edited 2011-05-22 23:06:14
    Tableflipper
    "(Seriously, doing it in the butt? Gross.)"

Heterosexual people do that anyway, though. Also there's a smaller chance lesbians will do that.

"In any case, one cannot love multiple people as they love one person."

"You are supposed to share your love with one person."

"Polyamourous relationships are shallow tragedies of real love."

I lol'd
  • edited 2011-05-22 23:06:21
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The diaper thing is a valid question, Chagen.  Stop ignoring it.

Also, one cannot love one of the same gender as you can love one of the opposite.

You're supposed to share your love with a person of the opposite gender.  Homosexual relationships are shallow tragedies of real love.
  • Therefore, Love Happiness has the greatest love of all.

That scares me.
    OH SHI-
  • Nyktos: Because love is an incredibly deep and powerful emotion. It can only be truly given to one other person, and to spread it around to multiple people is impossible.
    Says you.
  • Funny: No. Spreading around love dilutes it till it is worthless.
  • edited 2011-05-22 23:09:36
    Says you.

That's just tradition talking.
  • edited 2011-05-22 23:10:10
    a little muffled
    Nyktos: Because love is an incredibly deep and powerful emotion.
    It can only be truly given to one other person, and to spread it around
    to multiple people is impossible.
    Is this a scientific fact?