If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Dark Lady Celebrian

edited 2011-04-28 02:31:13 in General
...is still not back yet. Maybe never will. One of the people I actually liked.

Comments

• And this bugs you?
  • They're somethin' else.
    ^ oh u
  • Strangely? Yes. I wonder what's happening to me..I used to never care about this stuff.
  • Pff, I still talk to her. If you want to talk to her again I can tell her if you want.
  • edited 2011-04-28 02:41:00
    I meant on the main fora, not PMs. I really dislike PMs, much too personal. Now that I know she's still around, I no longer miss her owing to the fact she's still around, so I no longer have any need for this thread to be honest.
  • Can't say I liked her very much. And that's not just because of the soulbonding thing.
  • They're somethin' else.
    She's ok.
  • Because you never know what you might see.
    She seemed nice to me.  Had some self-esteem issues she sometimes overcompensated for, that was unfortunate, and she really needed to get some political opinions of her own rather than parroting her dad's (though she got better about that over time), but otherwise she was OK.  I never got why people got so upset at her.
  • And here I though that thread was about that disturbing fanfic.
  • Before I even cl... oh wait, this wasn't by Guitar Bizarre?
  • "I never got why people got so upset at her."

Frustration. It can be difficult to see your advice, no matter how gentle, get shot down repeatedly by someone who desperately needs to take it. She certainly wasn't getting help anywhere else. 
  • Sammy is right on this one. I've done that before myself.
  • We're talking about Kaschei, right?  At least, that's the name that newbies like me knew her by.
  • I think all the criticism directed at Celebrian has long since run out, and if I'm honest, most of us are pretty sick of arguing about soulbonding all the time.
    Kashchei?  No, this is a thread about Dark Lady Celebrian.

Are you getting them muddled?
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    At the risk of starting something bad.

What is soulbonding?
  • edited 2011-04-28 11:05:29
    Nooooooo!

If you want to know about Soulbonding, PM the shit out of me. I have actual links to back me up. As I said, it's one subject most of us from 2009-2010 on the forum would rather not talk about. Not because of any bad memories (for most of us at least), but because we've pretty much run the issue into the ground.
  • I thought Kaschei was Dark Lady Celebrian.
  • edited 2011-04-28 11:06:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Soulbonding is a belief system in which a person has spiritual connections to characters which the rest of us consider fictional.

...come to think of it, that sounds like, every religion that has sentient entities...
  • edited 2011-04-28 11:06:17
    I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^^

Done. (Not pm'ed the shit out of you though, I thought one would suffice.)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Also, this thread has been flagged in my mind.  Tread carefully.
  • edited 2011-04-28 11:08:55
    Because you never know what you might see.
    @ RTL: No, she was Ice Queen.  You are getting muddled.

^ She doesn't read this forum, does she?
    Also, yes, I admit to being very frustrated by DLC when I first met her.  Then I learned to accept some things as they are.

It was about that time that I realized that soulbonding is...not much different from a religion.
  • -Looks up soulbounding-

• edited 2011-04-28 11:14:32
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    The major difference between this and classical religions is that the characters are recent.  IIRC DLC soulbonded with characters from Final Fantasy games, Rumble Roses games, Metroid games, Iji, and more.

It was actually rather notable that all of them seemed to be strong female characters.

As for my opinion of her?  I think she's fine.  As long as I ignore the soulbonding stuff, and she keeps its mentions to a minimum.  Other than that she's actually a pretty cool girl.
  • Huh, after looking it up, SouldBonding sounds kind of cool.  I mean, I could never actually bring myself to believe in something like that, but I can see its appeal.  Sort of like contemporary Animism or something.
  • I really am bored of soulbond talk, and I aint even joking around.
  • edited 2011-04-28 11:35:42
    Pony Sleuth
    ALSO different from typical religions is that the creators of the fictional characters are known to be such by their creators. It seems that there are different forms of it, but DLC's had other beliefs which made it pretty close to falsifiable as it can get, which made it extra frustrating.
    Well, it was odd, because I remember one discussion where she claimed to have two different beliefs regarding soulbonding, one which was kind of new agey and animistic, and another that sounded more like a strange conspiracy theory.
    Well, we don't have careful records of people who wrote ancient holy books, so I can't say whether they were written by divine inspiration or as pranks.
This discussion has been closed.