If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Music Thread

Comments

• I know what you're talking about, Gacek. It's just like trying to explain 'heaviness' to someone unfamiliar with it in the context of metal.

You should listen to Battlefield by Blind Guardian and tell me how you like it.
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

You should listen to Battlefield by Blind Guardian and tell me how you like it.

Or just play Robot Unicorn Attack: Heavy Metal Edition 

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Just listened to. Like it. Blind Guardian guys have their own style.

• a little muffled

Blind Guardian are badass. Now listen to "Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)". :D

• They're somethin' else.

That failed WOAH OH OH HA AH AH meme got me to listen to this:

• What you'll want to do is add "symphonic" to whatever genre of metal you want to listen to, for instance, Symphonic Death Metal, Symphonic Black Metal, etc.

Bands to consider: Tvangeste, My Dying Bride, Reverend Bizarre, Ahab, Nightwish, Therion, Kamelot,  Magic Kingdom, and Diablo Swing Orchestra.

Similar genres to consider: Neo-classical Metal, Doom Metal, and Avante-Garde Metal.

Oh, and check this out:

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^ Holy shit, that's awesome.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Don't need to tell me about Nightfall in Middle-Earth, I do have a copy of my own. :)

• edited 2013-01-21 16:37:32

^^^ what awesome song :D

• They're somethin' else.

I fucking love Diablo Swing Orchestra. Probably the one thing I listen to on Spotify if i even use it at all.

• ^^^^^also sunn 0))) monaliths and dimensions is basically drone doom with symphonic metal touches.

• edited 2013-01-22 22:49:17
    Has friends besides tanks now

After deciding that Aborted is a really great deathgrind band after listening to Global Flatline (which is especially awesome to listen to when playing Dark Souls), I've decided to check out Goremageddon: The Saw and the Carnage Done. For something that came nine years before Flatline, this is a very solid and listenable album, with great production quality. I wouldn't have thought this was that much older if I didn't already know, really. And the album artwork's much cooler, I think. I might even have to listen to The Archaic Abattoir afterwards.

• edited 2013-01-24 04:16:34

I think i heard a blind Guardian song once it was good.

• edited 2013-01-24 01:01:27
    Has friends besides tanks now

. . . Shit, I really regret that I waited this long to give The Black Parade a full listen-through.

^ We have a Music Dump thread for videos, by the way.

• ^all nines you mean my chemical romance i've had that album at some point.

• Has friends besides tanks now

IJBM: "Little Talks." I think I'd really like the song if not for the dumb little "hey!" that ends phrases.

• edited 2013-02-01 03:24:01
    There is love everywhere, I already know

D:

• You can change. You can.

Queen's entire discography is pretty much Sleep Deprivation: An OST.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ I have no idea what this means, but I'm getting weird culty vibes.

^ Really? I find them a bit upbeat for soundtracking that kind of situation. Something more... paranoid would be in order, I think.

Actually, The Gerbils are perfect for that. Their happy stuff is either hysterical or silly, their dark stuff is terribly claustrophobic and morose, and everything else is just weird. But catchy, too.

• edited 2013-02-01 05:30:09
    There is love everywhere, I already know

but I'm getting weird culty vibes.

Not exactly culty. AKB48 has a strict 'no-romance'* rule and after being caught with a guy (who happens to be in GENERATIONS and was in a drama with her last year) Miichan was demoted to Kenkyuusei (Trainee/Research Student) from the main group. She shaved her hair of her own accord for no real reason (Prompting every important member, ie Takamina, Tomochin etc to save face for her by tweeting/blogging various excuses for her behaviour), I'm assuming she's depressed/manic.

*yes, most idols aren't allowed to date or even be seen with men unless it's on TV/in movies/in video games or they're extremely young/old males.

But I'll admit, idols always are a liiiiiiiiiiiitle culty.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

...that sounds stupid.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

That's cause it is.

Though it's probably to promote graduation or something, since you'd get tired of it after a while and nobody wants old idols*!

*This is a lie, Kazumasa Oda, if you ever consider making an idol group do it.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

And this is why I don't follow celebrity drama. Or band drama, with rare exceptions.

In other news, I really like the sort of hip-hop that really conservative hip-hop people say isn't hip-hop.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

This is idol drama. Totally different.

Still vapid, except with the promise of crazy.

• edited 2013-02-01 08:29:13
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

In other news, I really like the sort of hip-hop that really conservative hip-hop people say isn't hip-hop.

Conservatives rarely have an opinion on hip-hop aside from "THAT'S NOT MUSIC BLASKDJASODIJAPSOIJAP"

• edited 2013-02-01 08:39:30

I don't think he meant the "limited government! Lower taxes! No gay marriage!" kind of conservatives.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Was joke.

However, I remember there was some sort of Conservative Punk movement.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Are you thinking of Straight Edge? If so, it's not quite "conservative" politically as it is anti-drug, anti-alcohol and arguably sex negative. Which are often signs of conservatism, but I believe the Straight Edge movement was/is largely leftist, but with a really lame idea of what "partying hard" is. 

As far as I know, the movement largely went to shit when fringe extremists started beating up smokers, boozers and the like at events. This can't be taken as representative of what the movement as a whole is like, but it soured the perception of the Straight Edge movement outside of the movement itself and I don't think it ever honestly recovered. The initial idea was that it was to be a collective of hardcore musicians, fans and so on who didn't want to pressure people or be pressured to drink, smoke, take drugs, have casual sex and that kind of thing. The fringe elements of the movement took that to mean that they should enforce that view on others. 

• ^^^ Consider that as me trying to play along?

^ You sure it wasn't conservative as in "the definition of hip hop is so and so, and anything that doesn't meet the criteria is cannot be hip hop".