If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Music Thread

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Aren't they just known as conductors?
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    (days late but) mind=blown

Actually though he's remixing pre-made orchestra music and not conducting an orchestra.

If only this were a new single and not just a promo picture for a stage play.
    Utada Hikaru Teams Up with Skrillex and Poo Bear For Kingdom Hearts III Opening Theme

Reality has gotten very weird.

• Have I ever mentioned this is my favorite Vocaloid song ever? I wonder if that's even slightly surprising.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    A bit on the repetitive side, but at least it does have one of my favorite chord progressions.
  • edited 2018-10-07 13:50:28
    Admittedly a big part of that is probably from the abundance of covers and the alternate version with guitars. And covers of the alternate version.

The BanG Dream cover probably has the best vocals. It's kind of weird that Ayane doesn't really have a singing career outside of in-character songs.

Parts of this remind me of the Secret of Mana soundtrack.
    Have I mentioned I've taken a liking to "day by day", the ED of Sword Oratoria?
    Speaking of random Kano songs, a few months ago I noticed that I've been listening to Dear Brave (Heavy Object ED) pretty consistently. It's a good song.
    I have no idea what Kano has done but apparently I now know I've heard at least two of them.
    Kano is fairly loose with her release schedule, however I do recommend her debut single Stella-rium. It's brilliant throughout (even the B-sides).

I wonder if it's because I listen to music a looooooot or something but I think LiSA's Catch The Moment has become more iconic to me than crossing field in terms of "Yup this is SAO."
    lol i actually don't much like crossing field
  • edited 2018-10-16 14:23:31
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    But it has that really wonderful guitar solo.

Like it's in my top 20 40 guitar/orchestra solos at least.

So yeah, that's a band.

Yes, it does seem to be just guys.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

So I've been on a bit of an electronic kick lately...
  • edited 2018-10-19 16:07:43
    This is so much actual electro music.

Since I tend to follow very pop-py music when it comes to American or western pop, I ended up listening to all the EDM music that came out when EDM music was cool (it seems it no longer is).

Right now I'm trying to get Alien by Sabrina Carpenter and Jonas Blue out of my head, but I do have a slight weakness for anything that sounds tropical.

wait a second does that one video say Passion Pit oh my gosh

This reminds me; EDM breakdowns bother the heck out of me especially when they're used in lieu of an actual chorus (ZEDD and Alessia Cara's Stay is a good example of this).
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    For me, recently it's athmo black metal/dungeon synth/ASMR haircut recordings. I used to listen to a lot of stuff titled like "western/dark country music compilation" on youtube back when I had that thesis stuff to do.
    I remember finding a YouTube channel once where all the videos were Indian ASMR haircut/head massage videos.

It made quite the impact.
    Lately I've been quite into Yamashita Tatsuro.
    lol's new album has a Normal CD edition exclusive track that isn't available on either CD+DVD editions or the digital edition even though lol's releases so far were super obsessed with pushing the digital editions. For example, think of u was limited to digital only until their first album came out.

I wouldn't have even known about this if I hadn't randomly spacebarred on CDJ because I got the iTunes version and the CD+DVD/MV version and now I can't just spend like a bunch of money on another copy of a CD I got a few days ago.
    One Album For The Price Of Two
    I hate to say this, but:

I've been listening to LiSA's ADAMAS a lot, and I even watched the SAO OP animation that goes along with it and it's pretty brilliant. Then the actual PV came out and... it was way less cool than what I imagined in my head.

So there you go, GMH.
    music > visuals

forever =D
  • You clearly haven't watched enough American music videos.

• edited 2018-11-06 13:59:50
    It's not just that the PV couldn't afford a budget, but it feels like a lot of SACRA PVs lately (which is like five artists total, but still) where they prioritise the singer just performing by themselves over something cool looking.

For example, MICHI's PV for Soranetarium is way simple, but it's ridiculously cool and even ties into the whole theme of the show it's the OP for. The coolest thing LiSA's PV for ADAMAS has is the bit where she spins around sitting in a chair.

Meanwhile, TOHOSHINKI are so cool now that the only person they can be Jealous of is themselves.
    2017: Jack Savoretti gets me to pay twice for his album Sleep No More by releasing a special edition with a cool new song.

2018: Calum Scott gets me to pay twice for his album Only Human by releasing a special edition with three new songs.

And people said limited edition album cashgrabs were dead :P

The other day I heard this and I couldn't get it out of my head. It's really good and I'm surprised it has so few views.
    Recently been taking a break from black metal, as YouTube's algorithms started suggesting stoner rock/stoner metal to me (you guys know the black I've been listening to wasn't the most straightforward variety anyway). And I'm gonna say this is some good shit.

Also, I don't know why the Hindu motifs in stoner music, but that's not the first time I see it.
    There was something with Indian/Hindu mysticism that was a fad back when back in the days of like the hippies and the Beatles and stuff.
  • edited 2018-11-21 15:21:52
    Francesco Gabbani's Eurovision song was about this.

I remember thinking it was weird that this was a concept he remembered literal decades after the trend was over but it might still be big in some parts of Europe.
  • edited 2018-11-25 11:59:08
    I've been listening to Yamashita Tatsuro's COZY a bunch lately.

Well, this and FLOW's Neiro/Break it down single, which is so great I can easily overlook that the lead single was the opening theme to a drama about Stockholm Syndrome.