If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• edited 2012-10-29 17:04:16
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Okay this is the part where I panic because I don't know what I'm doing.

Ho-hum.

Let's read the manual again, shall we. 

EDIT: Sorcerer's most important scores are Charisma, Dexterity and Constitution, right? Or am I remembering wrong? 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Mainly Charisma. Dexterity and Constitution are there for survival purposes.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

is this a decent build, then?

Str. 11
    Dex. 15
    Con. 15
    Int. 12
    Wis. 11
    Cha. 16(+2)

I'm genuinely not sure :/ 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Odd-numbered ability scores are entirely useless, since they have no advantage over the number below them.

That is a fair point.

Okay let me fiddle with this then. 

• edited 2012-10-29 18:08:07

OK, so now I've got 11, 14, 14, 14, 12, 16(+2)

That's still one odd, but I can't think of any other way to do it that doesn't waste points. 

Also I'm glad I re-read the Half-Elf section because I didn't see this.

Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they
    take a level in either one of those classes. See Chapter 3 for more information about favored classes. 

• edited 2012-10-29 18:16:17

Odd-numbered ability scores are entirely useless, since they have no advantage over the number below them.

You do get 1-point ability score increases, so you could take them into account. Regarding your stats, I'd switch around int and wis... unless it goes against your character concept.

• edited 2012-10-29 19:25:25

Well Rede's thing is that she's smart but lacks common sense, so it kind of does.

That said, would not doing so make playing her significantly harder?

edit: actually that should be fine. 

Also what is this "Trait" thing on the character sheet generator? 

edit: re, skills: Of my four skill points, I put three in Knowledge (Arcana), Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device, since they all kinda seem like "no duh" choices. Not sure what to do with my fourth. Was thinking possibly Bluff. 

• edited 2012-10-29 20:37:06

would not doing so make playing her significantly harder?

Nah, Wis is generally a better stat to have because it boosts your will save and some important skills, but it's not going to gimp you, and more skill points is nice.

Traits are characteristics of your PC that provide small bonuses and stuff... the DM can allow them or not, and determine how many of them a character can have.

In that case, I shall revert it.

I'm going to need some serious help with this when any one of you who knows how to do this well has time. Having  a rough time figuring out some basics. :/ 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Man, now you see why I just fill out the character sheets.

• edited 2012-10-29 20:57:04

But the problem is that I don't know how to fill out the character sheet.

Or at least some of it. I have no idea how to determine my Hit Points for instance. :/ 

I know it's related to class, and I think Sorcerers and Wizards both start with 1d4 or something, but I think it's also more complicated than that is it not? 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I know it's related to class, and I think Sorcerers and Wizards both start with 1d4 or something, but I think it's also more complicated than that is it not? 

Only slightly.

You roll your Hit Die, then apply your Constitution modifier to that roll. So, if you were a Sorceror with a Constitution of 12, you would roll 1d4, then add 1.

Oh.

Well that's fairly simple.

Are we actually rolling or just going with maximum possible?  

It's first level, so you go with maximum possible.

After first level, you roll.

Okayz.

six hit points, woooo.

Now I just need to get feats, I think.

oh and pick spells. Those are useful. 

• Is 28 point buy with 3.5's 8 base stats or PF's 10?

Pathfinder's 10.

• Cool, that's a lot of points... might even make a monk.

I will have to check to see which I used.

I think I used 8, since all of my scores were double digits which doesn't usually happen in vanilla D&D afaik. 

All of your scores have a bigger likelihood of ending up double-digits if you started with 10.

I actually meant to say I think I used 10.

I just posted 8 for some reason because I'm a doof. 

• edited 2012-10-31 03:19:47

Guys what are we getting in the way of items.

Other than y'know

clothes

and a wepahn. 

Also what am I counting the Scepter as? I sort of consider it a wooden mace, but I've been assuming that "wooden mace" is "a club, but fancier looking". Rather than a mace, statistically speaking. 

Also Also, am I bothering to put any purely aesthetic items in the "Items" space on this character sheet? 

Lastly, only other thing I'm a bit confus on is Feats. I'm not sure what I qualify for and they have a massive pool here.

Was thinking Eschew Materials would be an obvious and useful choice, but I have no clue if I'm allowed to take that or not. Indeed, I have no idea how many feats I get, nor how to find out.

I'm so smart, u guise. 

Other than y'know

clothes

and a wepahn. 

Also what am I counting the Scepter as? I sort of consider it a wooden mace, but I've been assuming that "wooden mace" is "a club, but fancier looking". Rather than a mace, statistically speaking. 

Also Also, am I bothering to put any purely aesthetic items in the "Items" space on this character sheet? 

Lastly, only other thing I'm a bit confus on is Feats. I'm not sure what I qualify for and they have a massive pool here.

Was thinking Eschew Materials would be an obvious and useful choice, but I have no clue if I'm allowed to take that or not. Indeed, I have no idea how many feats I get, nor how to find out.

I'm so smart, u guise. 

Other than y'know

clothes

and a wepahn. 

You have a set amount of starting money you can buy items with.

It's listed in Page 140 of my book (the 5th printing).

Barbarian 3d6 × 10 gp 105 gp
    Bard 3d6 × 10 gp 105 gp
    Cleric 4d6 × 10 gp 140 gp
    Druid 2d6 × 10 gp 70 gp
    Fighter 5d6 x 10 gp 175 gp
    Monk 1d6 × 10 gp 35 gp
    Paladin 5d6 × 10 gp 175 gp
    Ranger 5d6 × 10 gp 175 gp
    Rogue 4d6 × 10 gp 140 gp
    Sorcerer 2d6 × 10 gp 70 gp
    Wizard 2d6 × 10 gp 70 gp

As a Mage, a club sounds about right. That deals 1d6 damage, has a critical range of x2, and deals Bludgeoning damage.

No.

They each have a list of prerequisites. You can only take ones you meet the prerequisites for. Eschew Materials has no prerequisites.

Yes but I assume there is a set number I can take which probably depends on several variables.

Also, I will then remove the goggles from the item list.

Goggles are bossin', y'all know this.

Also what page is the table on for stuff we can buy? I have a .pdf of the Pathfinder Core Book in front of me as we speak. 

Yes but I assume there is a set number I can take which probably depends on several variables.

Only depending on your Strength and the weight of the items.

Also what page is the table on for stuff we can buy? I have a .pdf of the Pathfinder Core Book in front of me as we speak. 

• edited 2012-10-31 03:50:10

Oh wow I am looking at that page right now I am such a hurrdurr.

I'm sorry for making you deal with my noobishness Nova.  

Only depending on your Strength and the weight of the items.

I meant feats doe. 

I'm probably stupidly overcomplicating this and it's just like you get one per level or something.

Also, I would like to report that due to a combination of bloodline powers, a high charisma modifier, and sheer luck, my character can shoot lightning out of her hands seven times a day. This is before I've even considered picking spells. 

Also I apparently get Knowledge (Planes) as a class skill. Would this be at all useful or should I just ditch it? Currently I have the point that would go to that in Bluff.

Oh this is interesting stuff right hurr. I get several bonus spells (all element based) but they all do the same damage as my elemental ray (Electricity damage, in this case). So, I get Burning Hands for free at 3rd level, but I suppose it'd be more like LIGHTNING HANDS amirite. 

Starting Wealth: 70 gp

1gp: One pound of cinnamon or one goat

Not gonna lie to you guys, the temptation to just  buy seventy goats as my starter equipment is overwhelming.

I mean, I won't, but it would be hilarious if I did.

I meant feats doe. 

You gain a feat on every odd-numbered level. So 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. If you start off as a Human, you also get a bonus feat at first level.

Also I apparently get Knowledge (Planes) as a class skill. Would this be at all useful or should I just ditch it? Currently I have the point that would go to that in Bluff.

Not worth it for this campaign.