If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM D&D game! (discussion)

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

So hey are we doing religion at all, because Pathfinder has a couple interesting deities.

I was going to have Rede be a not terribly religious but sort of offhandedly revere Ihys (dead Chaotic Good god of Free Will and Creation) and Nethys (Neutral God of Magic) without really being a "worshipper" of either.

I doubt this would really have any impact beyond flavor, but I just wanted to run it by you first. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Caiden Cailean is best D&D god.

But not entirely appropriate for a somewhat selfish sorcerer who likes zapping people.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah, true.

Still, I can't have a conversation about Pathfinder gods without the guy who became one on a drunken bet.

Caiden is indeed amusing.

Probably the best post-bender ever.

"Whoah, what did I do last night?"

"HAIL, MIGHTY GOD CAIDEN!"

"Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet." 

Speaking of impossible tasks: finding an editible version of the official Pathfinder Charsheet .pdf.

Also, Nova I think I figured out where those anomalous "+3"s were coming from. Apparently class skills with trained ranks gain a +3 bonus. 

• edited 2012-10-31 17:30:01

I'm hesitant to accept spells/feats that aren't in the core rulebook.

Wait, this is Core only? that does it for the Monk, then... and the Summoner, and the Cavalier, and the Magus, and the Alchemist.

• edited 2012-10-31 18:40:03
    Has friends besides tanks now

Yeah, come to think of it, those are all cool classes. But whatever Nova wants to do.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So hey are we doing religion at all, because Pathfinder has a couple interesting deities.

I figured we'd do it the Eberron way. The gods are not actively involved anything, and there are clerics who don't worship deities but still channel divine magic, but many people still believe in and worship gods.

Wait, this is Core only? that does it for the Monk, then... and the Summoner, and the Cavalier, and the Magus, and the Alchemist.

It's not necessarily Core only, but I'm just... hesitant to accept anything that isn't Core. That doesn't mean I won't, just that I'd like anything non-Core run past me first.

I denied Lazuli's feat because I am considering expanding the adventure past that first one-shot, and if I do, several adventures I was considering doing involved elementals.

Classes, I usually accept, but I'd still like to look over them.

Playing a Summoner is basically playing two characters. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Also, that is also what I had in mind re: religion, Nova.

Lastly I am fuckintired, so goodnight all. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

Classes, I usually accept, but I'd still like to look over them.

In that case, what are your thoughts on the Magus? I mean, if I were to play one, I would probably need other feats from that book to make a decent character, is why I ask. The Barbarian seems kind of bland, on second glance, unless I can use stuff from Ultimate Combat, or something.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

In that case, what are your thoughts on the Magus?

I think it would be acceptable, but I would ask you to post the feats, first.

Okay, I'll get to that after my next class (and maybe a nap), at some point. The only other thing I really know about the character is that his name is Django Davidian.

Okay.

And, as I figure is only fair, as I want to create a character to play as, I will offer up my class of choice for anyone else to veto if they do not like it.

The character I would like to play is a Paladin (dohoho nobody saw that coming).

In particular, a Warrior of the Holy Light.

Class seems a bit....underfeatured? To me, but I know next to nothing about Paladins.

I don't have a problem with it unless you're going to be playing a Lawful Asshole, which you don't really seem like the type to do something like that. 

Class seems a bit....underfeatured? To me, but I know next to nothing about Paladins.

Well, it is a Paladin archetype.

Here is the regular Paladin. The Warrior of the Holy Light loses the Paladin's spellcasting abilities in favour of the Power of Faith ability, and swaps the Aura of Faith ability for the Shining Light ability, but otherwise keeps all of the Paladin's features.

I don't have a problem with it unless you're going to be playing a Lawful Asshole, which you don't really seem like the type to do something like that. 

I would try and play the character as... a Lawful Good person. The type of person who sees and acknowledges the shades of grey, and tries to make all of them lighter shades of grey.

She would likely do nothing to NPC's ever anyway soooo

Very well.

I just don't want constant "but we can't do that! It's against the law!"s. Having never played with a Paladin before I have no idea how common that even is. Or if it will even come up. 

Having played a few campaigns with her (if brief ones), Nova's never been obnoxious. I wouldn't worry.

The concept I ended up coming up with was inspired by a thread on 4Chan.

I just want to save the day.

Ride in to town, find the evil that must be smote, feel the sense of righteous indignation as I view the crimes, go forth, drive through the black hearted hordes, see the bastard holding a fair maiden captive, have an epic battle, and defeat him. Save the day. Save the maiden.

I'm fucking tired of endless twists upon twists upon twists. I'm tired of shades of gray. I'm tired of resolving political disputes, doubting if I'm in the right, trying to find compromises, being caught between bad choices, and being forced to do bad in the name of good. I just want to be a fucking hero for once.

But I guess that's just childish these days, isn't it?

If you would rather not play with a character inspired by that, please speak up and I will just come up with a new one, that's cool.

• edited 2012-11-01 12:20:37
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I didn't think she would be, which is why I said she didn't seem like the type.

I'm still hammering out some minor issues with my own character (THE PLUS THREES, WHERE DO THEY COME FROM?! mostly) but I'm by and large done. 

If you would rather not play with a character inspired by that, please speak up and I will just come up with a new one, that's cool.

It's fine by me, but are the rest of us also expected to play by that credo? Because while she does care for her companions Rede is pretty solidly neutral and mostly just looking out for number one. 

I will say though (and I am not sure if this is at all what you mean) that I detest the idea of some species of creatures being inherently always evil, unless it makes sense (eg. they're demons). I don't care if we have bad guys, I just don't want the bad guys to be "every Kobold".

Speaking of Kobolds, I am changing one of Rede's BLs to Kobold. She grew up in Stormreach and was a street rat, palling around with Kobolds makes sense. 

• edited 2012-11-01 12:25:35
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's fine by me, but are the rest of us also expected to play by that credo?

I would not dare to tell anyone how to play their own characters.

I will say though (and I am not sure if this is at all what you mean) that I detest the idea of some species of creatures being inherently always evil, unless it makes sense

That is not what I meant.

Rather, I spoke of... shades of grey. Being forced to compromise, to accept a lesser evil in the name of the greater good. To settle for 'good enough', rather than stopping only at the most extreme situations you can drive yourself to.

Ah, no that's totally cool. It'd be nice to play a good guy who's actually good.

On that note would you say Rede's current alignment makes sense? I'm just thinking the "cares for companions just slightly more than her own power" thing might push her into the farthest edge of Chaotic Good. 

I think that either Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral would work.

I guess I'll shift it over to good then. 

So I just accidentally closed the charsheet tab, and the generator cleared my parameters.

In other words, I just lost my character sheet.

All of it. 

And of course it didn't even save the HTML document I made out of the one.

*sigh* 

OK, I forgot that I copy/pasted one of the HTML documents into WordPad.

Unfortunately, this borked the formatting so I had to redo it by hand, and the result is not pretty to look at. But, it should work.

If there's anything I missed or forgot to do, please let me know. 

Okay, I'm making my character.

As mine won't be appearing until you've completed your first adventure, she'll be Level 3 when she appears.

As such, I'm rolling for HP.

(Rolled: 2d10. Rolls: 9, 2. Total: 11)

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Are spots still opening?