If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The YouTube Video Graveyard

edited 2012-09-05 03:57:51 in Webspace
Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

DA9Nzn0-SNc (Sky Girls AMV with Hajimari no kaze)

IS5oAC7K7n4 アイドルマスターANIM@TION MASTER 06 - 765PRO ALLSTARS - 約束(TV version)

7oYjweqivuI Yakusoku (約束)" Full Version by Kisaragi Chihaya

-pM1jgQPkMA Idolm@ster: Aoi Tori English Fandub (Short Version)

dIyxhWEpHLs Rusty Hearts – Lament of a Rusting Heart

TbwIRq_hmjg (former KKK leader speaks about his experience being defeated by Rev. Wade Watts)

E7qSTuFtZAs Youtube Poop: Inspector Gadget Quits His Day Job

IKe1Sm9AeyU (so far, so near)

zLg6JHTSJNw (ALL IN ALL)

9qzd4VIAbDE (Super Mario World hack “Hornet Hole”?)

Nq4IcEA6AJI Pokemon theme song instrumental full (original)

ZtKnkA1MKw4 Savage Genius – Forever (full version)

22O6q0a5lHo (video about Long John Baldry, the voice of Dr. “pingas” Robotnik)

7ekRhVFmiZw 6 more classic Megaman songs in MMX style (?)

cQ-l6SRVUxg Mowgli can't enjoy his banana (reuploaded)

LC3b2fUhd_c ?????

XArqlwdREsA ?????

Rsye4vHETdQ Ridley Plays Metroid Metal

n5G80qbgRNA Life is Like a Boat by Rie Fu

And there are many more.

Comments

• Half of these are just regular songs.  Why would you be listening to them on Youtube instead of just having them on your computer in the first place?

• edited 2012-08-23 19:17:07

ALL IN ALL is one of the three great Melocure ballads, and there are no uploads by which I can show it to someone.

These song uploads are often not for my own consumption, but for showing to others, introducing the music to people who aren't current fans.

Not directly mentioned in my first post is the descriptions and comments on the videos.  They sometimes contain humorous or awesome gems.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Why not just play it on your computer/MP3 player for them?

They sometimes contain humorous or awesome gems.

That's a loss, but it's still Youtube, expect anything not uploaded by VEVO to be gone sooner or later.

• edited 2012-08-24 01:16:36

Why not just play it on your computer/MP3 player for them?

Doesn't work in webspace.

Would be nice if we had an IJBM TeamSpeak server or something.

Y'know if we can join, like, some random existing TeamSpeak server or something, and just set up shop there, like we can with IRC?

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Alternatively, I could prolly set something up on this server if you wanted :P

• No rainbow star

^ An improved Mumu?

Yes please!

• The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

Technically teamspeak is intended for group voice communication, so the music quality wouldn't be the best most likely.  It'd be us talking with music playing in the background.

• edited 2012-08-24 22:03:46

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing here; Mumu is a communal music player while TeamSpeak is a voice chat platform.

Hmm...is there a way to combine the two?

Or maybe if we just had some sort of improved Mumu for our board where people could actually hangout and chat together, as I know some people don't like showing their voice on the net.  TeamSpeak does have text chat alongside voice chat, but it's not really that useful as a music broadcaster.

Wait, I wonder if we could use IRC and simply have people use UE's music bot...

• edited 2012-08-24 23:26:53
    The IRCs want you(r soul): irc.esper.net, #ijbm

My music bot reads out of my music; there is no 'upload to the bot' function, though I suppose people could send me music too and I could queue it up manually unless I get unlazy enough to write some uploader :p 

• edited 2012-09-05 02:27:01

Oh, here's another one:

WnQbRqINFw8 - "Pretty Cure Season 1 Episode 1 part 2 english"

I think this is the video that introduced me to the Busoni Variations on a Theme of Chopin.  The variations in C minor, on Chopin's C minor prelude.

Why?

The audio was swapped with a complete recording of the medium-length version of that piece.  (There's a short version, a medium version, and a long version; they differ in exactly which variations they contain and how they're arranged.  The short and medium versions are much more similar; medium is basically short plus a slow variation and some other stuff.  The long version was written first and is much longer.)

Anyways, the plot of the first episode of Pretty Cure is pretty easily understandable, so I spent most of my time taking in the cool awesome mysterious new music that I found.

It took me a while to figure out that the composer of the variations was Feruccio Busoni.

Yes, I care to remember where I first heard particular pieces of music.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

L4f8FEmxfgw - Maid Latte Songs - 01. Shining Days

partial description:

Shining days by Misaki
    Lyrics -

atatakai shisen o mainichi no you ni
    nantonaku wa kanjiteita

hoho ga atsui no wa mado kara sashikomu
    akai yuuhi no sei da yo kitto

itsu kara ka itsu kara ka issho ni iru no ga atarimae de
    ima made wa hitori demo nareteita ...

This was just an upload of this extras song for the Kaichou Wa Maid-sama series.

In it, someone recommended that I watch the series.

So, is it worth it?

Gjh667Ma9tU - "I am indestructible!"

"Aheheheh! What now?"

Wallman won't die even if you take his HP down to 0.

This was a gameplay video showing the battle against Wallman in Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia.  Stats were hacked in order to prove that Wallman doesn't even have a script to die normally, and instead just stops counting damage.

Funny thing is that I doubt this was the video that got the uploader in trouble.  The takedown notice says:

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimant:
    Arc System Works co.,LTD

That doesn't sound like Konami.

Protip: If you'll be uploading potentially-easily-takedownable stuff, do it on an account separate from the one you use to upload stuff that you want to see stick around.

uSfZ7nICy80 - "IT TOOK SPONGEBOB ⑨ YEARS TO MASTER THIS"

partial description:

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTS VOTED//THUMBED +⑨ OR −⑨

Spongebob attempts to play Cirno's "Beloved Tomboyish Girl" on Squidward's bassinet.

480p SD:

720p HD:

The other two versions merely add a fmt field to the URL.

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Viacom International Inc.

Is insanity the selling point of SpongeBob?  Maybe it is; if it isn't, there's no real economic motive to do this.

• edited 2012-09-05 02:57:26

OJws2LFYGLY - Sky Girls episode 3 part 1

I had to go fish out the URL to get to this.  The title was deleted too; my only record of it is that someone responded to me with "...and less mindfuck.".

YbY58GKlhGo - donkey kong '94 part 09

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimant:
    Sony Music Japan International Inc.

Sigh...

vHpNHLS0Q48 - Talk Talk Its My Life 1984 Original HQ Lyrics

Its My Life,an excellent track, as good today as it was back then, Talk Talk a band that know how to write a tune that will linger in your head for years to come, lyric's below.

Funny how I find myself in love with you
    If I could buy my reasoning I...

I was having an interesting discussion about music theory here.  Someone responded to something I said with this:

Yes but the key that is resolved to is C major. The circle of fiifths sequence is A minor - d minor - G major - C major. But the juxtaposition you hear is indeed E flat to A minor, with the super tonic chord in Eb, F minor, being flattened to an F flat major chord, which enharmonically speaking is an E major chord, which becomes the dominant of said A minor. It's pretty sophisticated for some kids in the 80s, and is one of the reasons the song still has legs 30 years later!

• edited 2012-09-05 03:06:32

8ngy0HIiK0E - Congressman FAIL

Congressman Bob Etheridge assaults a student on the street in Washington.

Thanks to youtube.com/StageRightShow

For more FAIL videos visit
    http://failblog.org

This one's an odd case.  This is a public event showing a public figure doing something that was widely reported in the news.  Based on the description it seems that it's probably a failblog.org upload.

Let's see the takedown reason:

This video is private.

...wut?

why?

URiXS2DBhaM

This one was probably just the original version of the Dark Mountain and Skull Woods theme from Zelda aLttP.

"Zelda A Link to the Past Mu..."
    This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
    Media Interactive Inc.
    Record Industry Association of Japan

Not big surprise.

And now, for a video that has not been taken down:

(SPOILERS FOR KIDDY GRADE)

This was when I first realized that FUNimation might have a slightly better idea of the customer base for anime.

See, FUNimation used to have all of Kiddy Grade--24 episodes divided into 4 parts each (OP, first half to eyecatch, eyecatch and second half, ED)--uploaded to Youtube.

Then, when they took them down (and down went all the heartfelt comments from fans like myself too, sadly), someone else reuploaded all of them.

FUNimation then proceeded to takedown all of the reuploads...of parts 2 and 3.  They ignored parts 1 and 4, the OP and the ED.

This video is the episode 24 ED and the (very short) epilogue.

Both of these were removed by the user.

MqjSFfYrAk0 - "SHIN SPACE THUNDER KIDS GAIDEN - THE NEW ADVENTURES IN 3D" (maybe?)

4yu9O4QLg30 - (I have absolutely no clue about this video, other than someone responding to me with "For a few dollars more starring Clint Eastwood.")

• This thread is going to be nine hundred posts of GMH posting defunct links, isn't it?

Should call it "Youtube Video Graveyard."

fsZAfrE2SaQ - National Geographic Channel - 2008 Human Footprint Trailer

I have no idea why this was removed by user.

This thread is going to be nine hundred posts of GMH posting defunct links, isn't it?

Maybe, though I'll stop after a while.  I only have so many comments and favorites.

That said, I think I like that name.

You should post dead Youtube links here too!

>GMH posting the final two minutes of Kiddy Grade

That should be against the law, emotional torture I tell you!

kABTZSzFiF4 - Tip Taps Tip by Halcali, third ED for Eureka Seven.

l9HcI6_ULoM - Sakura by nirgilis, fourth OP for Eureka Seven.

• edited 2012-09-22 18:45:37

lfTYrSSwty8 - "Ami & Mami Futami - Out of rank "First meet" (subbed)" - privatized

meOg4v2RYuQ - "Heaven Is A Place On Earth -with Magic Knight Rayearth" - account associated with video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement (but thankfully this awesome AMV has already been preserved for posterity!)

• edited 2012-09-25 00:08:25
    Tableflipper

nevermind

• edited 2012-09-25 00:21:55

Hey fourteenwings, I'm not sure why, but that Kiddy Grade video has been removed by the user.

FYI the video ID was PKArBg2ZHrU.

• edited 2012-09-25 01:06:15

I highlighted this video a long time ago before we had a Youtube Video Graveyard thread.

ly8UTlRdwu8 - MEW ICHIGO FLAILS SPASMODICALLY WHILE I PLAY UNFITTING MUSIC - removed by user

This was a scene where Mew Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power was getting owned by the Chimera Elephant.  Basically, the guy on top of the Chimera Elephant taunts her and then calls the elephant to attack her by stomping on her.  Before it stomps, she flails like crazy with a rather humorous animation.

Then suddenly, this animation repeats (complete with "swishing" sound effect) and "Big Yellow Taxi", complete with heavy bass beat, comes in.

The whole song finishes playing, then Mew Ichigo jumps out of the way just in time.

It was one of the most hilarious videos on Youtube, when it was there.

0GQbMseTtcQ - イン・ザ・京子 【ゆるゆり×イン・ザ・ムード】  (by お茶さん) - This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

That's okay, it was a faultily-looped version of the intended source video anyway.  That said, I should probably preserve the source too...

• edited 2012-09-25 05:18:58

Found this by accident.

uielzlj-7EM - 【Dangerous Series】 Dangerous Fukiyose Seiri 【To Aru Majutsu no Index】 - This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

I presume this was another of those "Fight Against Dangerous [name]" meme videos--i.e. ones where anime characters' actions and speech are set to the track "Fight Against an Armed Boss" from Super Mario RPG (I presume the Japanese name is "Fight Against Dangerous Boss" or something), the Smithy Gang boss theme.

This appears to be a meme over at Nico Nico Douga that hasn't really caught on outside of Japanese-speaking fans.

Edit: Never mind; (1) I've seen a Jake and Finn instance and a Deadpool of this, and (2) knowyourmeme says that "Dangerous" is actually an artefact of the meme's original instance's title.

Hey fourteenwings, I'm not sure why, but that Kiddy Grade video has been removed by the user.

Awww...

SJowBVj81rg - Riviera The Promised Land's "All You Have to Do Is Practice" from the PSP Version soundtrack.

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

While the GBA version is also very good, the PSP version had the best guitar riffs ever.

b7qd1YGO2wU - Ayahi Takagaki's "Meteor Light" PV, better known as the ED to Senki Zesshou Symphogear...

Same reason as above.

36Ju0ODmFGE - KOTOKO's "unfinished PV, removed by the user for some reason.

• edited 2012-09-29 02:02:48

jcPyf8-uE4k - (This video allegedly "suggests if you make Kirby suck up Mewtwo and then jump off a cliff, you'll get Mewthree. This version is adorable.", according to TV Tropes's Urban Legend Of Zelda page.) - removed by user

vXIZTM89mDY - "SMILE PRECURE TRAILER" - private