If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    It's more like action and black comedy ie not very serious.
  • Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably end up watching it.
    I've been somewhat less obsessed with Danganronpa lately, what with not finding more works to feed said obsession. Perhaps Akudama Drive will change that.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    new ratings: (rating scale: -2 to +2)

Granblue Fantasy (season 1): +1
    Maid Dragon (season 1): +1.5
    Bofuri (season 1): +1.5
    Yuru Camp (season 1): +2

amazingly, all four of these shows have or are planned to have subsequent seasons. This is kinda unusual for me.
    I think I accidentally ran into some guy's YouTube channel dedicated to the exact opposite of Yuru Camping: Extreme Camping. As in, camping wherever the heck.
  • edited 2020-10-24 08:06:46
    YouTube has been recommending me lots of clips of Speed being a psychopath:
    This dub is great.
  • I've begun watching Akudama Drive. I'm not sure I'll like what little I've seen of the plot, but whatever it turns out to be, the quality of the animation makes it easy to watch.
    in things that are absolutely not important: my completed anime #222 on MAL was Heya Camp
    (MAL's way of grouping miscellaneous episodes into single entries is weird itself, so this is not really a magic number of anything)
    Asterisk War's OP1 ("Brand New World" by Shiena Nishizawa), Akashic Records's OP ("Blow Out" by Konomi Suzuki), and Alderamin on the Sky's OP (whose name and artist I don't know) have been blending together in my head due to their similarities, and the last one has sorta slipped through the cracks.
    Just because I didn't know where else to put this: @glennmagusharvey CDJ is having a Singles Day sale from the 10th to the 12th.
    Thanks. Are they doing a 1111 yen coupon again?
    At the halfway point, Magatsu Warheit ZUERST has taken a turn for the more typical. So far, the plotting suggested that it would be a show based in intrigue and slow-burns, which is what I got on the train for.

It's possible that may still be the case, but the big scene where monsters rage through the capital doesn't bode well for that sort of story.

I look forward to seeing how it goes.
  • edited 2020-11-28 07:12:40
    TIL that Aki Eda, author of Wizard's Soul, made a similar work except rather than involving MtG with the serial numbers filed off, it involves actual MtG. It's called Marisa's Theme Koi Iro Magic.
    It's officially endorsed (or something) by Wizards of the Coast, an attempt to get more people into the game. I wonder how much of an ad it is.
    Edit: I thought the Marisa's theme thing was funny but it's been interfering with Google searches for the manga so I no longer like that joke. It's also the name of some hentai.
    Wow this manga is hard to find.

I think I should try watching the anime Yami Shibai after the live action variation ends soon.

I should also probably start/get caught up on Ohtaka's Orient before it gets to Magi length.
  • edited 2020-11-28 09:51:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Edit: I thought the Marisa's theme thing was funny but it's been interfering with Google searches for the manga so I no longer like that joke.
    "Koi-iro Magic Orchestra" looks like a series of arrangement albums...do you mean that?
  • edited 2020-11-28 10:24:06
    ...y'know I haven't watched anything in a while.

I've just been busy with my project and then some random amount of screwing around on Super Metroid Arcade and mahjong solitaire and shitty crosswords.

I have been thinking of starting Crest of the Stars, or maybe just finding some exercise time to marathon through the silliness that is Anitore.

Though I've mainly been looking forward more to gaming than anime, lately. I'm actually partway into a JRPG I picked up from itch.io recently.
  • edited 2020-11-28 17:38:43
    "Koi-iro Magic Orchestra" looks like a series of arrangement albums...do you mean that?
    I mean Koi Iro Magic (Love-Colored Magic), the name of one of Marisa's themes that that album is named after.

(More commonly known as Love-Colored Master Spark, the Imperishable Night version.)
  • edited 2020-12-01 06:31:31
    ^ Ah.

In other news, Anitore EX turns out to be a giant bag of very anime (and often mildly infuriating) tropes for the purpose of presenting a series of exercise routines.

To be fair, I'm not sure what else I expected.
    "Mildly infuriating"?

Pokémon: The world is wonderful and Pokémon are wonderful!!

Digimon:
    Nz6lAZ8.jpg

In this episode, Taichi, Matt and Takeru have to try and stay alive as they fight off a set of large ocean predators. They're not possessed by miasma or anything, they'd just like to eat some kids and Digimon.

This episode really feels like somebody finally had a conversation that went:
    "We can't show blood in a kid's show"
    "But Digimon are actually just pinatas full of data"
    "Oh then I guess gore is fine"

8mkY9MA.jpg
    "Mildly infuriating"?
    I think I've seen enough stuff I don't like to see in anime that I have stopped fully processing it. Then again, maybe it's not because I've seen so much, because I already kinda was glossing over bits I didn't like, early on.
  • edited 2020-12-05 18:29:54
    anime I watched this year (one cour or more series and feature-length movies are highlighted)

Hentatsu
    Z/X Code Reunion
    Magic Knight Rayearth Pilot
    The Price of Smiles
    Fate/Grand Order: First Order
    Hentatsu (TV)
    Raldessia Chronicles
    Undefeated Bahamut Chronicles
    Circlet Princess
    Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 1st
    Yona of the Dawn
    Yona of the Dawn OVA
    Beyond Creation
    Granblue Fantasy the Animation
    Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon
    Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon (extra episodes)
    Miss Kobayashi's __ Dragon
    Leviathan: the Last Defense (omakes)
    Yuru Camp
    Yuru Camp extra episode(s?)
    Heya Camp
    Heya Camp special involving a bike
    Bofuri
    Gotcha!
    Anitore EX
    There's still a month left.
  • edited 2020-12-06 06:40:50
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    This year I watched;
    TV Anime

Winter
    Aikatsu On Parade! (2nd cour)
    Kabukichou Sherlock
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story: Magia Record
    ARP Backstage Pass

Spring
    LISTENERS
    Shadowverse (1st cour)

Summer
    Shadowverse (2nd cour)
    Digimon Adventure: (cour 1.5 due to initial airing issues from Spring)
    Fugou Keiji - Balance: UNLIMITED
    DECA-DENCE
    Lapis Re:LiGHTs

Fall
    Akudama Drive
    Shadowverse (3rd cour)
    Digimon Adventure: (cour 2.5)
    MAGATSU WARHEIT ZUERST
    Assault Lily - BOUQUET

ONA and Shorts
    Aikatsu On Parade! Web Anime aka Dream Story (6x12m episodes, really 3 Episodes)
    Ninja Collection (Summer 2020)
    Sore dake ga Neck (Fall 2020)
    Kusoge-tte Iuna! (Fall 2020)
    Seizei Ganbare! Mahou Shoujo Kurumi-chan 3 (Fall 2020, 1st cour)

OVA
    Kabukichou Sherlock OVA
    ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka - Regards
    Shadowverse Recaps (2, one for each complete cour)
    ARP Backstage Pass Short Stories
    ARP Backstage Pass Special

Previous Years
    Pretty Rhythm: Dear My Future

Not an anime but a live-action stop-motion series

Yami Shibai (iki)
    Listening to the old Gundam Build Fighters OPs made me feel quite nostalgic and slightly guilty for dropping Gundam Build Divers so early on.
    noE1pja.jpg

Seems there'll be an overarching theme to the next few episodes.

They're really pushing what they can get away with visually on a children's show.

8uiZVMc.jpg
    So I feel somewhat ehh about the dub of Crest of the Stars but it also turns out that my dual-audio version has a bad sub job. Anyone got a good suggestion for a better fansub version?
    Crest of the Stars is such an unexpected choice from you. Why not just look around for a sub-only version he answers 26 days later?

The new cour of Shadowverse dives further into the game's mythology, and whilst it intrigues me it's also slightly confusing given that the main characters of the anime have been interacting with their own world and rogues gallery for the whole show so far.