If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is there a term for YuYuYu characters the way it's possible to refer to Touhou characters as "Touhous"?
  • edited 2018-01-29 04:48:24
    I don't know anybody besides me and fourteenwings who does that.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I think it's pretty normal to just refer to anime characters (usually if the main cast is a single gender) by the name of the show. So yeah, "YuYuYus".

Otherwise we'd have to call them Yuusha-tachi which feels too weeaboo even for me.
    i am tempted to call them "yuus"
  • Somehow that sounds worse.
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    Somehow that sounds worse.

you have a point
  • Despite the title and the studio, I suspect that Toji no Miko is wannabe Symphogear rather than substitute YuYuYu. Like, the comic relief duo are the grumpy yet quiet twintails one and the goofy blonde one who goes "DESS" all the time.
    Naas_Human wrote: »
    Somehow that sounds worse.
    i just realized this ends up bringing up Soulja Boy's "Superman" hahahahahahaha
    Thanks to @Bluesy_Cowgirl I watched one more episode of Haganai.

This was a mistake.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    well, it's not like I was recommending it or anything
  • edited 2018-01-31 09:44:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    well, it's not like I was recommending it or anything
    True. Watching it was my own damn fault.

----

Yosuga no Sora turns out to put quite a lot of storytelling emphasis on characters' emotions.

I definitely appreciate that.
  • edited 2018-01-31 10:19:20
    Kino's heart was racing. It was about equal to the speed of an Ingram MAC-11 submachine gun.
    Anyone who actually understood this metaphor has the same problems as Sigsawa.

Gakuen Kino sure is ridiculously self-indulgent. Especially considering that this chapter is mostly just a huge plug for one of Sigsawa's other LNs. (And it's not Kino's Journey)
    Did that text just engage in a bit of Peter Chimaera fourth wall disrespect?
  • what does that even mean
  • edited 2018-01-31 19:27:34
    "Oh, what is this? I sense a demon in the cells! It seems it is now time for me to fight! For my identity as a Royal Air Force pilot is only a ruse! In reality, I am the demon-slaying Paladin of the Bezelese Royal Family, 'Carr Benedict of Zephyr'! I had been at this base at His Majesty's orders, but now the time has come to fight! Let's go! I shall fell this demon!"

"I, Wilhelm Schultz, am actually a Student Combatant from the Roxcheanuk Confederation's Education Department--a human weapon who had been training in to defeat demons! I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, Allison. But I have to go and fight now! To save both Roxche and Sou Beil--no, countries don't matter! To bring peace to all who live on this planet! Farewell, my student life... farewell, my beloved Allison. My name is 'Wilhelm of the Crimson Ammo'. Now I shall draw to shoot rounds full of spirit!"

I'm guessing this isn't how the Allison LN actually went.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8185097/1/My-Litte-Ponly-Friendship-is-Danger
    Authors not im not sure if this true or not but it s part of tht story

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5775112/1/Resident-Deadly
    Ill finish this later.
  • edited 2018-01-31 22:17:50
    Well, there's bits like
    Don't ask how he got up there. That'll just hold back the narrative.

and
    This concludes the completely irrelevant description of dinner. I wrote it to taunt all of you hungry readers. I regret nothing.
    In episode 5 of Elsword, we are introduced to:

Luciela R. Sourcream, ruler of the demon realm.
    The weirdest thing happened to me today. Last week, I heard Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (After the Rain)'s ED while on a general YouTube binge and I loved it. It's Aimer at her ballad best, and it made me somewhat interested in the show.

To be completely honest, I think I wrote this show off the moment I first ever read the premise. A high school girl falling in love with a forty year old man sounds like the sort of thing that's a few years off from Ro-Kyu-Bu!, but my curiosity got the better of me.

So I watched it yesterday, and once I got used to the main characters face design being from the 80s I was quite entranced by the whole experience. It was funny, emotional, and completely relatable.

Unfortunately, right afterward I watched an insane clip from KING of PRISM -PRIDE the HERO- which made me reconsider exactly what I wanted from an anime. It's ridiculousness was everything Koi wa Ameagari no You ni was not. It convinced me I would rather watch the ridiculous Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, regardless of how much I actually liked it.

Then this afternoon it all like, came back to me. Like, it literally just hit me that it had the best first episode I've watched this cour, and I really enjoyed it.

So yeah, I'm watching that I think.
    I like how the first villain of Märchen Mädchen has the same motives as the writing collective behind Märchen Mädchen.
    Next cour appears to be the cour of "blocking 14w from watching video game anime by having every sequel air at once" cour. Bouei-bu, WIXOSS and Gundam Build Fighters?
  • jNVHuK5.jpg

The way this show's been going, I assume this is a hint that they have a Nastassja.
    Teaser visual.

Actual visual.

This needs to stop happening~
    That is some nice detail in the teaser visual but the girl on the right has a very weird looking right leg.
  • Lost Song
    Finis

It was about time we had another anime that made Symphogear jokes so I don't have to.
    So Izetta but on Netflix?
  • Well, Finis is a princess, so probably.
  • edited 2018-02-03 21:26:28
    OVMTPIY.jpg

So this is... a thing.
    Curious observation:

Early in episode 11 of Heavy Object, following a large explosion that happens close to the two protagonists, a high-pitched tone is played in the audio track of the episode.

Props on bothering to emulate tinnitus.
    I really want to comment on tinnitus in fiction but

THE AIKATSU FRIENDS! BATON TOUCH VIDEO CAME OUT.