If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Isn't it supposed to be closer to the manga?

• You can change. You can.

Apparently. 

• Kin-iro Mosaic: Because schoolgirl series that looks good!

Oh wow that does look good.

Why does it seem like every good slice-of-life schoolgirl series is from Manga Time Kirara or a related magazine?  Surely it has to have some competition...

• edited 2013-03-20 22:53:52
    Has friends besides tanks now

Finished watching the non-Introduction episodes of GnP. God damn the wait is gonna suck, even though I suppose I don't have as much waiting to do as others who were keeping up. I guess now I'll watch Fate/Zero or something.

• edited 2013-03-20 22:59:13

What waiting?  Episode 11 aired the other day (though I haven't watched it yet because I'm waiting on anybody that isn't Commie to sub it) and 12 is coming out next week.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Oh. Well that's perfect. I guess I got thrown off by Crunchyroll's "show will resume when it resumes in Japan" thing. Maybe I didn't notice that that wasn't on episode 10 this time? And I think I have to wait a week anyway unless I get a premium account, so that's fine.

• edited 2013-03-20 23:04:23

Speaking of Crunchyroll, this is kinda odd: I got an email offering another free 30-day premium trial on Crunchyroll, even though I already got one back in February or so, and used it too.

Do they do this a lot? Repeatedly send free premium memberships, I mean?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Are Stellvia box sets out of print?

Because the price on Amazon is...amazin', so to speak.

• Pro tip: Geneon USA hasn't been in business for years.

...remind me to snatch up the individual volumes of Stellvia, then.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Or you could just... well, you know what...

I'm not saying you should, but it's a possibility, right?

Actually, that is the only reason I even want to snatch up a copy of Stellvia.

Because that allowed me to appreciate its potential insights into the implementation of science and policy.

Also because a touching story.  And angela.

• edited 2013-03-21 00:40:02
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Surely it has to have some competition...

I guess you could say Young Gangan is competition? But they're more general seinen and not all schoolgirl series.

Okay, videos... Gundam UC6 CM and Majestic Prince OP PV.

• They're somethin' else.

Wow, I didn't even know Devilman had a new manga out OoO

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Vividred Operation 10: I really enjoyed it.

I feel like I'm facing this problem where whenever action happens my brain wants to turn off regardless of show, but I really enjoyed this episode. It explored Rei and Akane's relationship well and I didn't expect the conclusions Rei happened to draw.

I want more seasons of this because I'm uncomfortable with intelligent beings messing with the earth for any reasons, but I don't know if the Pallete suits would be enough for that kind of threat.

I wonder how the dynamics between the alone and the bird work, but I'm drawing comparisons between Fine/Ryoko and the Bird/Mrs. Shijou, I'm probably wrong though.

Akane's VA really showed off quite a bit of range this week, really compounded the emotional moments. Rei's was great too.

The scripting was also well done. Nice, subtle, unpredictable foreshadowing.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

And it's not even Summer yet but I'm already tired of hearing about Sailor Moon, which I personally think will suck quite a bit.

I have heard nothing but contempt for the new Sailor Moon anime from everyone with the sole exceptions of the Toonami crowd and my mother, who is a huge Sailor Moon fan because sometimes life is strange.

• edited 2013-03-21 09:15:24

Zetsuen no Tempest 22: Fuwa Aika

But not only who she was. Not only what we'd expect, we get her motivations and how they affected those around her, in odd ways things that mutated from being her motivations to being those of the people around her. Even ones she'd met only once or even in the case of Hanemura, never.

That last scene really nailed in why this show is amazing though.

Hanemura... I actually like Hanemura. His actions this week were great and not only that the way everyone reacted was also good.

We also got even more focus on Yoshino and Mahiro's relationship and how co-dependent yet cooperative it is. Not too much Hakaze this week, but I think that's for the best.

Samon and Evangeline have ended up much better than I expected, especially Evangeline.

As for the politics, I'm seeing this being a really good ending because everything that was ever associated with the tree and the hearts of human beings has been great. I can't wait to see how the final acts play out.

AKB0048 Next Stage 07: Mariko? :D

So Mimori has become Mariko, which I think is the set up for something really interesting. Also, the haircut was quite surprising!

I can't believe our local Otographer-phay is a spy for Chieri's dad. That was surprising and cool, I'm also glad that the Center Nova thing is actually tying into something... more solid than idol-ness, I guess.

Speaking of Chieri, I like how distant she was this week, almost if she were unable to relate to her friends anymore...

Man Kanata is between a rock and a hard place with the pressure of succeeding and Takamina being such a good friend yet also strongarming her due to her own emotional weaknesses.

As this space opera idol thing goes on I'm still happy and hope they do manage to go somewhere with this dualium thing. Somewhere good.

• edited 2013-03-22 15:22:52

Is it often that they have voice actors do figure advertisements?

Also, I have got to get one so I can replace my busted Figma Saber without buying the same thing twice. Plus this one looks nicer anyway. She looks literally identical in both shows, right? (If there are any differences, I assume they're far too subtle to notice)

• edited 2013-03-23 14:50:28

Director Kunihiko Ikuhara (Revolutionary Girl Utena, Penguindrum, several Sailor Moon television series) presented brief footage from his new anime work, tentatively titled "Yuri Kuma Arashi" (literally, Yuri Bear Storm), in a discussion event on Saturday. The footage featured a bear that transformed into a girl.

Non-Ikuhara anime directors, are you even trying?

El Cazador de la Bruja has a theme song by savage genius?

~adds to to-watch list~

• I thought the fact that it was made by (some of) the guys who did Noir would have already put it in your watchlist.

• edited 2013-03-23 18:07:15
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't have Madlax on my watchlist yet. :P  Noir was good, but not good enough to immediately put it on my radar.

• edited 2013-03-24 01:36:46

Date A Live PV. Nobody declares love for their big brother and suddenly everything becomes serious?

Is it often that they have voice actors do figure advertisements?

I'm pretty sure I saw a Nana Mizuki one a while ago for one of her roles I'm not interested in, but I don't think it's all too common

You're interested in this, right? Also, wow she actually comes with a vehicle?

What? No! She'll probably cost twice the usual figma price!

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Uta~Kata 11: Buildup

I can't elaborate on how much I love this episode. Every little thing just gradually fit together, it took concepts from all the other episodes and nailed them in to one perfect narrative in one moment.

First of all, I'd like to go over Michiru, who is smart, caring and a great friend. I thought about exactly why she'd be the one associating with Ichika the most and I realized the two of them are very similar, personality-wise, aside from having connections with the supernatural.

As for Ichika herself, she's the main focus of everything that's built up so far and it's all just hammering down on her. I loved how the Djinn power was triggered in this episode, a mix of caring about Manatsu, caring about her friends and yet not wanting to burden anybody, characteristics she's shown throughout and it mirrors the way the Djinn self-activated the first time (Holding back her feelings concerning Sei and Saya's apparent "relationship"). Even the natural disaster ties directly into that. I wonder if there's some reason or motive behind that...

I love how Ichika still sees Manatsu as her most trustworthy confidante, despite (or maybe because of) the dreams that she's had over the course of the series. It's easy to get caught up in seeing Manatsu as the bringer of pain and hate (much like Kai seems to see himself, not realizing exactly why Sei wouldn't want to sacrifice him) but even without what happens at the end of the episode you're reminded that Manatsu (and Kai) are both just as innocent at the start. Just knowing information doesn't mean you comprehend it.

The Djinn themselves are... still a complete mystery and also still completely sick. The Sea Djinn is really cool in look, concept and powers, I still want to know why exactly and what exactly is going on. Was the Djinn trying to cause a Tsunami or was it Ichika's emotions. Combining the two, was the Djinn trying to do something similar to what the Flower Djinn did but the process of taking over Ichika's body was interrupted by her conflicting emotions? Is that what always happens?

As for Manatsu, I mentioned already that her vulnerability is amazing characterization, I just wonder what'll happen now after she's broken a rule (I'm surprised she wasn't taken to join Sei, or does petrification only apply to humans?). I'm glad she was brave enough to stand up again. In both relationships we see concerning the Djinn's power there's a great deal of friendship and trust and I really like that.

Now for the absolutely beautiful sequence going over what happened between Sei and Kai the first time around. It was beautifully directed and Magical Boy Sei was worth the wait, he was pretty cool. I wonder exactly what was happening at the end of that sequence, but that's for the finale.

The one thing I really hate though is that I want to find out so much, everything, in fact, but with each thing I see and find out about the characters, setting and rules I come closer to the ending and I don't want it to end!

• edited 2013-03-24 12:57:49

@DYRE Is it gonna be like, the twisted mirror image of Disney's Brother Bear?

What? No! She'll probably cost twice the usual figma price!

Thank you for reminding me that people normally have "can I afford it?" as criteria to buy something.

vox aura

Also, oh hey I finally got my Vox Aura. The thing is kinda tricky to pose. The shoes do not help with standing. I guess it's meant to be in flying poses anyway, and a support stand for that is included.

• edited 2013-03-24 14:35:55
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Except that's not how Madoka uses it; she uses it as a karate machine.

• Is it gonna be like, the twisted mirror image of Disney's Brother Bear?

Maybe!  But with lesbians and stock footage, I'm sure.

• edited 2013-03-24 19:22:09
    Has friends besides tanks now

Finished the first volume of Attack on Titan. I'm a little surprised by how real shit's already gotten. But I'm liking it so far.

EDIT: Volume 2 done.

• You can change. You can.

So I watched the first episode of Cromartie and yup this is what all animu should be