If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

That is, in fact

horribly

horribly

horribly wrong. 

• Well, I haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle (I know, I know), but Nicolas Cage is cool, and he'll do pretty much any role.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Remember that time when I was bothering everyone with too much information?

You say that as if it was that long ago.

But, no, it's not really acceptable here anymore. I couldn't exactly give you the exact moment in time where that changed, but it did.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Let's play a game.

It's called "How Long Can Forzare Go Before He Accidentally Posts Something Really Embarrassing From One Of His Secret RP Blogs To His Main Tumblr?"
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Can we ask one question?

How drunk are you?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    At the moment I am completely sober.

In the future, it's anyone's guess.

Oh, hey, can someone toss me a random writing prompt? I want to have an excuse to write, but I don't want to try writing for any of my main ideas right now, because I don't think I'm ready to do that, and I'm not good at just BSing things to write about.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Someone falling into poverty has to sell a valuable family heirloom. The heirloom is haunted, however, and makes victims of anyone who isn't a descendant of its original owner. As a result, it gets resold often after its first sale; the story tracks the path of the heirloom through the hands of several owners, and it is the only consistent character. 

• edited 2012-10-27 20:51:01
    Has friends besides tanks now

Hmm. That sounds pretty good. I should have asked for a short story specifically, though. I have a thing or two that I could write about at length already.

This heirloom idea sounds workable enough that I'd rather you wrote about it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

It could still be done as a short story, if you were brief about each owner and didn't have a whole lot of them -- three, four, five perhaps. 

Come to think of it, I should give it a go, although that shouldn't prevent you from doing the same if you feel like you want to. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It could be a series of short stories.

• edited 2012-10-27 21:00:35
    Has friends besides tanks now

For what it's worth, I derped again in that post: for some reason I was confusing "short story" with "500-1000 words" (probably from lurking The Creative Convention, at SA), and this absolutely couldn't be done well as a 500-1000 word story.

^ Yeah. I figure that each owner's time with the heirloom would be like a short story anyway, but with overarching links.

• For those people who actually want to do this Halloween avatar exchange thing, would you rather choose what avatar you want to exchange with somebody first or pick the person who is going to be getting your avatar first? I guess another option is for each person to decide what avatar he/she sees as characteristic and then just randomly swap all of the avatars, disregarding the whole pairs thing. Whatever people prefer is fine by me.

• I think a random pool would be best, if possible.

• edited 2012-10-27 23:27:15
    Diet NEET

>get dragged to bar just before door-shutting time

>only one left outside

>someface from putting up chairs 'n tables for movie festival this week is also among the stragglers

>drag his group to frat

>obtain FB of the cute Limburgian chick

Welp, not that this shit will ever have a follow-up, but always good to see boozed-up me suddenly has force of personality. Sober me needs to take some lessons from him, stat.

^^ I like that idea, too.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

But we don't have avatar pools here the way we do at TVTF.

How about we post a few avatars that we think are typical of ourselves, or we say that when others pick avatars they have to pick something that we've used in the last couple months or so?

• edited 2012-10-28 05:11:06
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I say we don't post them in a chat or anything. The avatars I mean.

So, make a thread where we pool all the people. Someone uses an RNG to match them up. Then, through PMs, those two people exchange avatars. On Halloween, we "wear" those, and it'll be fun surprise to see what everyone else got.

I already have an idea for what avatar I want someone to use that "represents" me.

• I'm in for the avatar exchange.

• edited 2012-10-28 08:49:25

^^ I Had the same idea, except I think it'd be more "in the spirit" of Halloween, if the avatar was decided by the one using it, even if the one being represented can make suggestions.

• Definitely not gay.

Hey guys

Why do lonely nerds like pretending to be alpha males on the internet to try and impress other lonely nerds? 

I mean it's not like they're fooling anyone, and it really speaks volumes of what they think of themselves.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I mean it's not like they're fooling anyone

Sometimes, it's because they want to fool themselves.

Other times, they portray themselves as something they're not, but wish they could be.

It does speak volumes about what they think of themselves, yes.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

That "alpha male" is used out of any context that's not discussion of wolf packs is itself pretty depressing to me.

More pertinent to the question, I think Nova has it. 

• Definitely not gay.

Sometimes, it's because they want to fool themselves

Yeah, but that doesn't always work.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Of course it doesn't. It's very hard to convince yourself of something you know isn't true.

That doesn't mean that some people don't want to try.

• edited 2012-10-28 10:08:59
    Definitely not gay.

Why can't people just...not care about the whole "alpha/beta male dynamic"?

It'd save everyone a lot of time and dignity.

Also "omega male" sounds hella cool.

Why can't people just...not care about the whole "alpha/beta male dynamic"?

Because some people wish to have a sense of superiority.

Perhaps this is to cover a sense of inferiority, but that is conjecture.

• Definitely not gay.

Perhaps this is to cover a sense of inferiority, but that is conjecture.

...given that these are lonely nerds we're talking about, it probably is to compensate for low self-esteem 50% of the time.

Yes, but what of the other 50%?

• Definitely not gay.

People just being childish in general?