If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

It's like 2:30 in the morning and I'm not even tired. Just a bit loopy.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Welcome to college.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I know that feel.

• You're young, your body wants you to go out and mate experience life.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>Go to sleep at 1:30

>Wake up at 6:00 A.M. without even trying.

>Not feeling tired at all.

what is this

• You can change. You can.

it's called "Your body recognizes that you'll be sleeping in class anyway"

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I feel asleep through training at the library last week.

Everyone else just shot me envious looks after.

• edited 2012-09-02 11:37:33
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, it looks like I've lost my glasses.

I'm also sorta regretting not going to the "rave" yesterday. Hopefully there's some sort of dance next week. Then again, it was probably just grinding.

• ^Even if the music is shit and the people are tools, you can still have fun. Bring a tube of glowsticks, it gives you something to dick around with if the mood is dull, and is a great excuse to have people come to you.

Beach trip was a bore. Meh weather, and the most exciting thing were a few bros digging a pit against the tide while shouting a lot in German.

• a little muffled

Reading that article is a bit uncomfortable for me as it hits extremely close to home when I think about my own childhood...

• No rainbow star
    ^ You're preaching to the choir
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'm of the theory that most people are much smarter than they think they are, and whether they are considered smart by society is more of a matter of whether what they do and how they do it is considered something smart by society.

• edited 2012-09-02 18:52:06
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I want to go to something tonight.  Two things, in fact.

9 PM to 11 PM has the aquatic center hosting a movie showing...in the pool.  People get to watch Battleship (the movie) while swimming around or treading water or lounging on floaties or such.

9 PM to 1 AM has the on-campus game room (which is actually a little place that rents out time on its billiards and ping pong tables and videogame systems and such) hosting a free play session.

Both of these are unique to today.

However, I have to do a bunch of reading.  I have to read this stuff and then respond to things other people in the class have posted about them, by tomorrow at 6 PM eastern time.

But tomorrow from 11 to about 5 (or whenever I want to get back) I made a reservation to use university-provided transportation to go to DC and visit the Smithsonian's Museum of American Art, specifically the Art of Video Games exhibit, which is going on until September 30.  Transportation is free, but only on this day, for this event.

My parents suddenly up and decided to come visit me for the weekend so basically the last day or so was wasted.  Well, maybe not wasted, but I didn't get any work done.

If I go to the Smithsonian tomorrow with free transportation, I doubt i'll be back in time to do any reading before my comments are due.  Maybe I can comment really quickly but definitely I can't do reading.

Furthermore, I've spent my whole day today with a runny nose.

IJBM, what do?

• Read as much of what you have to as possible before 9, attend events, finish reading and respond to comments once you get back.  Even if you have to stay up pretty late to do that, it shouldn't be a huge deal if all you're doing tomorrow is visiting a museum.

• I went out to see ParaNorman recently. It was a wonderful film on all levels, not only can you really see all of the craftsmanship and talent on display here, but there's a fun, Goonies-esque story to carry it along. Oh, and it really turns horror cliches on their head in rather interesting ways.

I'm wondering whether it's okay for me to go swimming with a runny nose.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Hey, you won't die.

• You can change. You can.

Probably.

• edited 2012-09-02 21:27:58
    Has friends besides tanks now

It's only quarter after nine, and I've already made substantial progress on an assignment that's not due for three weeks, while chatting with three different people on Facebook and modifying Magic decks. Given this, I'll still have time to hang out in the lounge after completing said assignment. And my typing speed has gone back up.

I love college.

Only thing is, it makes it a bit harder for me to consider big social events here, since I have more things to attend to now. But IJBM's been pretty dead recently anyway.

Correction: My parents visited me for Labor Day weekend.  They decided to take me to the supermarket.  Never mind that I'd just made myself several meals worth of food.

I just got to sit down, finally.  Still not done preparing the newly-purchased food that needs immediate preparational attention.  Big post coming up in another thread.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Ooh. Found another bookstore in town, located on the university's campus.

Is this a university you're attending?

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

It's like 2:30 in the morning and I'm not even tired. Just a bit loopy.

My life. All of it.

• No rainbow star

Oh god most awkward conversation ever

Tl;dr: "Why do you hate me? You signed off but not really"
    "Look, I didn't want to make it awkward, but you keep asking, so I told a lie to keep from telling you that I'm masturbating"
    "What's that?"

I even gave a dictionary definition!

Had to promise to tell her what it is tomorrow for the conversation to end. How does a 20 year old who uses the internet and knows about sex not know about masturbation?

• a little muffled

Yeahhhh I can't think of anything more awkward than that.

• No rainbow star

Well, other than it being in person

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Yes, err... what the heck?

• No rainbow star

How do you think I felt?

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

Like you were in the most awkward, lonely part of Bizarroland.