If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Vandro? I a no vandro. I AM HAKUMEN! (because breaking character is for pussies.)

• Kichigai birthday!!

I think Dudette means some kind of spaceship

• You can change. You can.

but you just did

so you are a pussy

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Hmph. Then I suggest you prove yourself up for the task of tearing down lies.

• I'm a damn twisted person

I love how you can decipher the impenetrable language that's spoken only by those who are entrhalled by madness.

I'm Doug Ramesy bitches!

• Alright who do I have to bug to get the kindle fire on the mobile site list. The wysiwyg editor does not quite work on it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I missed a bunch of free food today from the vendor showcase, and I missed the activities fair yesterday.

:(

• No wi-fi, so I guess I won't be here as often. Oh well.

Also, provided nothing comes up when I speak to the profs, I think I'll take that tough-sounding thesis I was offered. I hope that's not a mistake.

(It feels weird talking about that while many are just starting college.)

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So if anyone asks me why I think tumblr/internet social justice is counter-intuitive I'll remind them that because of them 'trans-ethnic' is a thing. 

Being an oppressed minority is trendy now. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Not to mention that if you're a non-white person that disagrees with them, they'll label you "white identifying". Basically a nicer way of saying "race traitor".

That's actually happened to me recently.

• edited 2012-08-31 02:04:07
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

(Spoilers for SWTOR's Imperial Agent storyline, if you care about those spoilers at all.)

At three minutes, five seconds in.

Jadus literally kills you if you don't bow to him. That's... kinda ridiculous and awesome- the game mechanics actually support the idea that bowing to a Sith Lord is a good idea.

I acknowledge that the game isn't all that great most of the time, but seriously, that was great.

• >idea of a coherent racial identity that everyone has to fit in

>skin colour as main identifier(because saying 'being oppressed' is the entire locus of someone's identity is horribly patronizing) rather than shared background of oppression/marginalization based on said skin colour

Social-justicer-than-thou aside, I stopped browsing through that circlejerk the moment it started to get offending instead of lulzworthy. Plenty of sites that peddle the same ideas in a more convincing and well-argued tone, without turning it into an argument that has to be won.

• Has friends besides tanks now

And with that, my first week of college classes is over. Just have a bit of homework left to do.

• Off to sleep. Have a massive headache and a stomach ache that was my own fault because I've been eating junk food for a week due to feeling crappy.

Night.
  • How's college coming for any of you going, whether first years or continuing?

• Has friends besides tanks now

It's going really well so far. I've been on top of my work (which has mostly been reading; I have a feeling things will get worse once I have to write things (actually, I have to do a journal for Psych, but I have time)), I have lots of friends, I like the campus, and there's lots to do.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I won't start until October, but it's cool that seven of my high school classmates are at the same faculty.

• edited 2012-08-31 18:22:57
    a little muffled

@ninjaclown: I don't start uni for another week. Pretty stressed out right now, but way less stressed out than I remember being before starting high school.

• Good, so it's not just me. XD I always feel antsy about post-secondary education of any kind, whether a first timer or going back.

• edited 2012-08-31 18:45:31
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

College/being in London has been pretty great so far.  Haven't really had any real assignments yet, though.

Socially, better than my life's been in years.  Went to a shisha lounge tonight with my roommates and some friends.  That was fun.

• Internship's over. Apparently I did a good job, though I don't think I learnt much. Oh well.

• Aren't the point of internships to network and/or put them on your list of stuff you've accomplished?

• I'm glad everyone's college experience is going well so far. Mine has not been as good. One the college implimented a new system that had an error with financial aid so there are still students, including me, waiting for aid, two weeks after class has started. Two I had to rush to get a writing portfolio done. Three, my laptop died'
  • ^^ Yep, that's part of it, though I was expecting real-world experience to be instructional, like everybody says.

^ Sorry, dude.

• a little muffled

If it, uh, helps, I missed the deadline to go to my orientation and I'm technically still not completely sure I'm allowed to be in one of my classes.

• As long as the registration system does not complain, I would not worry. You could check with an adviser if you want to be sure.

I get the impression at my college no one liked the new system yet.
  • a little muffled

As long as the registration system does not complain, I would not worry.
    The issue is that I'm going to be missing a corequisite, because it's an exclusion for the course I did last year while at high school, which isn't in the corequisite list because it's not offered on the campus I'm at. I've had a bunch of back-and-forth with a couple people, and the prof says he thinks it should be fine, so I have to talk to the registrar's office about it. Which I have been putting off because they don't have an email address for some inane reason and I hate doing these things over the phone. (I decided to go in person since I'm going to be visiting the campus soon anyway.)

Chances are it'll be fine, but it's a little stressful to not know for sure.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Man. I just looked at photos of myself recently, and I'm a lot skinnier than I thought I was :/