If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-09-01 00:31:57
    You can change. You can.

So tday was my worst day at work and my leg is pretty much demanding me to use the cane again

• What happened? It's probably worse than mine, although none of the co-workers I liked signed in even though they were scheduled to work today, and everyone I dislike with a burning passion were making a big deal out of everything I do.

• You can change. You can.

It wasn't particularly bad per se. It's just that I've been having this distinct feeling of fuck everything and I was having suicidal thoughts during the whole shebang while receiving calls that made me deal with customers really badly. 

• That's why I developed a sense of apathy towards customers because I cannot care about every single of of them and their concerns, because if I did I would go mad trying to please them all, which you can't.

• New French flatmate has arrived, and old roomie took most of the plates which I mooched off with him. Transporting a reserve batch from my parental home is gonna be a royal pain.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm considering asking some friends if they want to play a game of Savage Worlds. It'd probably be better to play it first, though.

Anyone here want to consider playing on weekends? Three players, plus me as GM.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

On the forum?

what is it about and how do you play it

do you punch people

these are important questions damnit

• edited 2012-09-01 09:06:16
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

On the forum or via IRC. Whichever people would be more interested in.

Savage Worlds is a system in which you... well, do whatever the hell you want, really. The game provides you with a couple of vague settings, but apart from that... Well, the game provides the GM with details on weapons from primitive (swords, bows) to modern-day (guns) to space-age (lazer guns).

The system is designed to be user-friendly, and easy to play and pick up.

The one thing I'm noting about Savage Worlds is that the game is actually partially designed for the GM to create a bunch of Wild Cards- essentially, GMPC's and so on- and then hand them over to the players to control, so that the player essentially has multiple characters under their control, without slowing the game down significantly.

If anyone does want to play, I would most likely set the game in a Space-Age setting, placing each player in control of a group of soldiers, mercenaries and assorted low-lives (depending on the characters you all create). Four or five soldiers each, or one or two particularly tough soldiers.

I'd like three players, although if anyone I've played with before wants to play (that is, if Everest and/or CU want to play), there's a free slot available for either of them, and I'll just rework the campaign a bit to make sure it still plays fast.

It would likely play on... What is Saturday evenings for you lot, Sunday mornings for me, so if you're not generally awake when I am, then... sorry.

If we did play just on the forum, though, we would just play all the time, and I would just ask everyone to try to post at least once a day.

I'm in, why not. 

Not sure about the timeslot. When you say Saturday evenings you mean...?

• edited 2012-09-01 09:11:43
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, basically, twelve hours, or thirteen hours, after the current time now, when I make this post, would be when I run it.

But... fuck if I know. I do have work during the week, so I'm hesitant to try and run it by forum as I'd only be able to reply during lunch break and after work (five hours ago), so it would run pretty slow, but timezones would probably work out better for everyone.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Well, I'm good with anytime and Forum would probably be better than IRC (Unless there's some way to save IRC logs I don't know about, since we'd only be playing every weekend and we'd need to remember plot points and stuff).

I'm in.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

If you use an IRC client, you can automatically save chat logs. I do.

I should prolly go make a thread for this, but eh. It's edging towards midnight, it's too late.

If anyone wants a download link to the Savage World rulebook, PM me. Can't post it in public threads. <_<

I think they've got a less comprehensive version available for free.

• Has friends besides tanks now

so this is how it feels to be lazy in college

._.

^ I probably won't, or at least I won't do it yet, because I don't know how busy I'll be on weekends.

• Doctor Who tonight.

:D

• edited 2012-09-01 09:36:05

^^ Clearly, busy enough to be lazy. Which is all you need to know, in college.

Anyway, I'm anticipating at least some people to drop out, so a spot will probably open sooner or later to join, if you'd like to join later.

Well, it's only the morning, and that's, like, two in the morning for you, right? Once the day gets going, who knows? I'll be seeing people all over the place. And maybe going to a football game at 4.

It's midnight here. And, uh, I don't know why you brought that up? <_<

Oh. Well, if you stay up really late, I guess that doesn't matter, right? I guess that's something to consider.

• edited 2012-09-01 10:26:22

It's Sundays for me, so it doesn't really matter for me if I stay up late, but... if I ran it by IRC, it would start for about eleven hours from whatever time it is for you now.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Are Ikea meatballs fully cooked?  If not, can they be cooked in a microwave?

• edited 2012-09-01 14:06:10
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^If they're frozen meatballs, then yes to both.

Now the question is why the fuck are you buying meatballs from IKEA?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Because it was delicious, convenient, and half-decently-priced.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-09-01 17:57:07

Well, you're wrong, so stop it! >:(

(No, I don't really mean that.)

• edited 2012-09-01 19:04:44
    Diet NEET

Museum night thingie in the Hague with artsy brodette, who shockingly revealed that she had suffered from anorexia(visible clavicles are kinda a giveaway). Was a cool 50's themed exhibit on. Also, I somehow always end up having a discussion on the academic aspects of tentacle pr0n whenever my Japanese Culture minor gets brought up. :/

• Kichigai birthday!!

jaja weeaboo :DDDDD i bet you want to sug nuruto's benis :DDDD

t. le ebin troll :DDDD youve been max trolled nerd

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Watched Knife in the Water.

Enjoyed it, but can't really call it good. It was really funny, and after a point, it attempted to stop being funny and failed.

• Hey GMH, if you're still interested in a wrangler, I still have one for a scrap.

^Too lazy to google, so if you don't mind me asking what's Knife in the Water?

Polanski movie. Not one of his best

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056291/

Okay, so, we're moving house still. Pretty much all the large stuff has been moved over to the new house though; the only things left here that are bigger than I can hold are a futon in one of the bedrooms and my computer desk. they even took the fridge and microwave, those bastards.

so, that's all i need (although I do still need to stay here, just because I need the internet to talk to my teacher unless I want to run up a massive phone bill). then i realized, i have no food for work.

so, my brother brings me up some food.

some cheese.
    a thing of oakleaf lettuce.
    a cucumber.
    some carrots.

it's like, thanks bro

did you remember to bring some bread

or, like, a fridge

no

well, thanks anyway