If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• It automatically uses your system time zone, I think...

Or something.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, you can go to your profile page and choose 'Custom Date Settings'. Although it's not IJBM that I fucked the day up, it's my computer itself.

Regardless, the timestamp on my above post reads:

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:44:57 am

When, in reality, I was in an entirely different city at that time. It is Thursday, the 12th of July, here. 10AM, nearly 11, but a day ahead of that.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I think the time is always your time, but the date is always the servertime date. Or something silly like that.

• edited 2012-07-11 20:50:43

^^ "Custom Date Settings" just lets you format the timestamp, not choose a time zone.

^ Something like that.  Except actually stupider than that.  But yeah if you're at a different time zone than the server the dates will be messed up for some number of hours every day.

• Has friends besides tanks now

It has tonality inspired by Prokofiev

Prokofiev

The ending solo, specifically.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Okay, so 21 Jump Street is actually a really funny movie.

Color me surprised.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Oh, yeah, speaking of movies, I decided I would watch Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay while eating supper at dad's. It was really kind of terrible, but it made me laugh a lot. And then some South Park came on after, and they were good episodes (Cartmanland and the LotR parody), so I'm happy.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^^ Y HALO THERE CAPULETS AND MONTAGUES

> a million people at my house

> blast J-pop

> they're all stoned

here's what to blast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPntjTPWgKE

• edited 2012-07-11 23:17:23
    Has friends besides tanks now

But this is better.

My little Barkley can, too, be that ballin'.

Actually, this is pretty catchy and not entirely cheesy since it doesn't flip-flop between rapping and J-pop singing.

• edited 2012-07-11 23:20:58
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I prefer the one I posted because it's more clearly hilariously clashing.

That said, I see we have a battle between two catchy E major J-pop songs remixed with rapping.

So, let me propose yet another one.

• You can change. You can.

i think this might have been one of the funnier days at ijbm.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

superior

Also, your little Barkley who can't be this ballin' neglected to include any of the original melody.

• So, on the subject of Lucky Star swimsuits that was brought up in the MOFW/robosex thread, what the hell is going on with the perspective of this picture?  Also, that's like the tamest picture I've ever seen from Megami.  Still fanservicier than anything in the actual show though.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Did everything just turn blue for a second?

No, seriously everything on the site turned light blue until I refreshed.

• You can change. You can.

It happens from time to time

It still happens from time to time and I don't even know what's causing it.  I think that might be the default color scheme and occasionally there's a data transmission hiccup that causes the page to not load properly which occasionally hits that.

• edited 2012-07-11 23:50:42
    Has friends besides tanks now

Wait, no, this is pretty good too. Then again, I've watched Bakemonogatari, and the 4/20 meme has always amused me.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The first Google result for 'burn something' is a thesaurus entry for 'to burn something'.

Well played, internet. Well played.

• Why do I always keep finding reaction vids without a proper flamewar to insert them into?

• Kichigai birthday!!

Ohhh we are posting Renai Circulation videos right?

• The theater I normally go to is offering a deal where you can see all three of the Nolan Batman films back to back on opening night, for $20.00 a ticket.

My desire to nerd out and jump on this deal is struggling with my terror of having to sit in a movie theater seat for ~ 9 hours straight.

• Random question: I'm thinking up a story, and I'm trying to come up with a Caucasian but uncommon surname. Anyone got suggestions?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

You could take a more common surname and play with the spelling.

Smith -> Smyth -> Somyth

• It's for a fictional US president, and I want it to sound badass yet unassuming.

• ninjaclown,

These two name generators might help give you some ideas, even if I cannot really think of much of anything right now. The first one has an obscurity factor that you can set to make sure that the surnames are pretty uncommon, but unfortunately it is not just limited to Caucasian names. The second one lets you limit it to names of European origin though.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Maxwell Largepenis

Somers?  Pitkin?  Talcott?  Churney?  Churtley?  Hutchins?  Hitchens?  Pullman?  Lowry?

...wait, I know where I can find LOTS of vaguely Caucasian/Anglo names.

Mutate one of these: McCotter, Wyden, McGillicuddy, Whitehouse, McConnell, Reid, Walsh, Bean, Cunningham, Gillibrand, West, Gravel, Bennett, Bennet, Craig, McNerney...

@nohaynicklibre: that was actually pretty funny

• edited 2012-07-12 12:40:08
    a little muffled

@ninjaclown: I like Peregrine. It's a real name but most people associate it with the bird.