If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

the evil liberal regulatory state has forced the poor theater owners to raise their costs to compensate for it

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Yeah, I never eat food at the movies. No way am I paying for some cruddy overpriced food or soda I don't even like.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

The last time I was at a theater

I saw the Avengers movie

while eating delicious nachos. 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Me and my aunt were supposed to go see Prometheus, but that ended up not happening.

• You can change. You can.

Last time I was at the theater, I bought two hot dogs with a friend's help. 

It was better than their popcorn so there's that. 

See no, how you get food into the movies is to have any girls or women who are going with you to smuggle snacks in with their purses.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Or have a jacket with big inner pockets.

No, I've absolutely never done anything like that, why do you ask? >.>
    I've been frisked going into theaters before. The jacket trick only work if the theater folk don't feel like being total jerks.
    Well, damn.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't think I've ever been or seen anyone be frisked going into the movies.
  • edited 2012-07-11 19:37:06
    a little muffled

Last movie I saw was The Avengers. I had a popcorn and a drink, it was horrifically overpriced but whatcha gonna do. I don't go to theatres very often anyway.

Also, yeah, never seen anyone being frisked, but you've got to make sure it's really invisible from outside. Smuggling a chocolate bar or something in should be easy enough, maybe a can of pop, but anything bigger than that...

i go too often for my taste but money is money so.

also, yeah, never seen anyone frisked at a theater

• Right now there's like a million people at my house.  Plus or minus a person or two.

I am not a fan of this.

Really? The Marcus theater around here frisks teenagers fairly often. It happened to me a lot in high school.

... My local theater is staffed by assholes.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ blast j-pop until they go away
  • edited 2012-07-11 19:55:02

Also I've never seen anyone frisked at a theater, but then again I usually don't even see people checking tickets at my nearest movie theater so...

^ Unlikely to work.  Also, they're probably all stoned so

@Alk: Indeed. I didn't even know theaters could do that.

@DYRE: Wait, who are they, that they'd all be stoned?

• Wait, who are they, that they'd all be stoned?

Brother's friends.  Actually, I don't really mind them being here, and they're not being very noisy or annoying or anything, it's just that I feel really uncomfortable when there's lots of people around... >.>

Everest - technically any private establishment could frisk people coming in if they wanted to. Most just have no reason or don't because it makes them look like jerks.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I've never seen anyone get harassed at a theatre. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen an usher in my life.

• edited 2012-07-11 20:15:45
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Today is not Tuesday though.

Yes it is.

... The datestamps here are a day behind.

• a little muffled

The datestamp on that post definitely says the 11th for me.

"Everest - technically any private establishment could frisk people coming in if they wanted to."

I know, but still.
    The time stamps are correct for me.
  • Jesus Christ, I used up a bunch of my battery already.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The datestamp on that post definitely says the 11th for me.

Yeah, but it's the twelfth here. I should know, as the eleventh was my birthday, and that's over.

• a little muffled

Neither the 11th nor the 12th is Tuesday though...

dudes

she's in another time zone

• edited 2012-07-11 20:34:19
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes. And I also fucked up my computer's timestamp and it says tuesday instead of thursday somehow lololol :|

The timestamps here still say the eleventh though.

• edited 2012-07-11 20:45:15
    a little muffled

Doesn't it just show the same time for everyone? I don't see anywhere in the settings to set a zone.