If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

What is ir marked as? Biography? Would Beowulf we a biography too?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

his beloved beatrice, you mean.

• edited 2012-05-29 09:40:31
    You can change. You can.

Genre classifications for classics are weird yo.

the divine comedy is an epic poem. i...uh...i dunno what else could it be, really.

^Dante was totally a transgendered lesbian what are you talking about

• IJBM: Having to watch a show out of order because you didn't realize you didn't actually download the whole show until after you've already skipped a couple episodes...

Clearly, my experience of watching loli basketball anime will be made so much worse by having the plot slightly screwed up.

Or something.

Though it actually is kind of good since it gives me an excuse to download the BD version, since apparently there are considerable changes.  Of course it also means I'll have to wait another several months before I'm willing to actually start the series over again.

It seems that fate does not want me to watch this anime.

• edited 2012-05-29 09:49:17
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

the divine comedy is an epic poem. i...uh...i dunno what else could it be, really.

A shitty god of war clone?

• edited 2012-05-29 10:02:00
    You can change. You can.

wasn't it a shitty god of war clone

ETA: boooo you edited it

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What about a shitty god of war-clones?

@DYRE: loli basketball anime what?

• You can change. You can.

There was an X360 game called Dante's Inferno inspired by, well, Dante's Inferno. It was basically "What if Dante was like Kratos"

• edited 2012-05-29 10:06:22

^^ Ro-Kyu-Bu!

It's... a loli basketball anime.  Characters are cute.  It's slightly less sketchy than it would seem like it should be, but only slightly.  Surprisingly, it actually is sort of about basketball and not just about typical anime hijinks.  Though anime hijinks does happen.

Mostly though, I just happened to start watching it recently since I had thought I'd already downloaded it when it was airing, though apparently I forgot a couple episodes.

Beyblade had a kickass opening.

• edited 2012-05-29 10:27:28

In any case, since I apparently can't watch that for now and I evidently don't want to continue any of the other 20+ anime series I'm in the middle of...

I guess I'll watch the first Nanoha movie.  I've been reluctant to watch this since it's supposedly more like StrikerS than the original series.  Which, actually, shouldn't really mean much to me since I haven't watched StrikerS but it still makes me a bit worried about how it'll be.

Beyblade had a kickass opening.

That... is surprising?  Maybe.

Beyblade is a very silly concept for a series, I want to say, but... I know I've watched sillier things so...

It's a kids merchandise show. Silly premise is par for the course.

At least it's a children's top game rather than a children's card game.

• edited 2012-05-29 10:55:32

I still can't tell what color Nanoha's socks are.

They're white... but they sometimes turn green.  I guess this is on purpose, or it wouldn't also be like this in the movie probably, so...

Nanoha's transformation sequence is... weird and fanservicey.  Moreso than in the TV series.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Just landed in Chicago.
  • No rainbow star
    I remember seeing Beyblade commercials first, calling it stupid ("It's just a top"), then wanting some when the anime was released here

Merchandise-selling cartoons are more effective than I thought
  • edited 2012-05-29 11:13:12

K-ON! has been credited with increasing sales of musical instruments in Japan, particularly those models which were played by the main characters (except for the Gibson Les Paul, of course, since lolexpensive.  Instead, otaku purchased the cheaper Epiphone version).  And K-ON! isn't even a merchandise-selling cartoon (well, yes it is, but not that merchandise).  So... apparently yeah.  People like to buy stuff from stuff they like.

• edited 2012-05-29 11:21:37
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Checked baggage takes way way way too long to get to the baggage claim.
  • I'll be going to the airport myself in around 24 hours.

Also, that guy who made that special cut of Star Wars SPECIFICALLY SAID he will never release it online.

• edited 2012-05-29 11:49:42
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

How are movie!Nanoha's transformation sequences?

I felt somewhat dirty after watching the original ones.

• Well... fanservicier than I remember.  I can't really be much more specific since I don't remember the original transformation sequences all that well.

In any case, I'm halfway through the movie and so far it seems like exactly the same thing as the TV series only faster-paced and with slightly better animation.

This hotel has an excellent view from the side I'm not on.
  • http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-an-Eye-Stab

It will resemble the Vulcan greeting hand gesture first initiated by Mr. Spock in "Star Trek."

Related: How to Act Like Mr. Spock

Wikihow, stay a comedy goldmine.

^^ What do you mean the side you're not on?

^ LOL

• Definitely not gay.

Slogra and Gaibon

Moar liek Slogra and GAYbon amirite

^^Rooms on the other side of the building have a great view.
  • You can change. You can.

Also, that guy who made that special cut of Star Wars SPECIFICALLY SAID he will never release it online.

since when has that stopped pirates

Why do I keep on misreading stuff stupidly

"This hotel has an excellent view from the side I'm not on."

"This hotel room has an excellent view of the side I'm not on."

• So I finished watching Nanoha: The Movie 1st.

I liked it, but of course I did since I liked the TV series and this is identical to it.  Of course I knew that's how it'd be, but it still feels strange that they'd do that and change so little when the original series was already very short.  Basically, other than the redone animation for the fights and transformations, it's pretty much the exact same thing as the TV series except with the filler cut out (which there was very little of anyway), and with the first few episodes compressed into the span of about one episode.  Which, incidentally, has the effect of making Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha even less of a mahou shoujo anime than it already was.  I think Nanoha and Fate's relationship developed a bit better in the TV series due to the movie's faster pacing, but on the other hand the faster pacing suited the action parts more.  Overall, it's... pretty equal.

It feels like a pretty big missed opportunity though.  There are a lot of interesting things that could have been done with the franchise if the movies were done as a reboot instead of just a recycling, but evidently that's not what they were going for.  Since the other movies most likely will be the same thing, it seems like the movies are alright if you haven't already seen the Nanoha TV series... but otherwise there's not much of a point in watching them, unless you are a really big fan and want to see the new fight scenes or something.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Missing out on going to a Red Sox game with my family because of another fucking migraine.

Happy fucking joy.