If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• But does it have squirrel girl?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

squirrel girl would solve every conflict single-handedly and you know it

• You can change. You can.

Well, it doesn't have squirrel girl...............................................YET

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Also last episode Beta-Ray Fucking Bill.

Also I slept about twelve hours today. Oi.

get better sleeping cycles

and i know right i'm trying to catch up to get to that

• Trying to understand music theory again. Gonna get that book back from the library. Along with others.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Trying to understand it in context of its lettered form or intervals? I personally find the latter both easier and more versatile to use. 

• Intervals. I kind of don't want my music class skills to go to waste.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Went to a convention today, got a K' poster while my friend got the full Giant Robo OVA for nine bucks.

• In approximately 3 days, I'll be stuck in China for a month. The prospect doesn't excite me for some reason, probably because I can't keep in touch with anything for a while, what with the stupid great firewall their internet has.

• The firewall's not that permeable. My family managed to stay in touch with many people that didn't use Facebook or Twitter or such. We wrote letters and emails to each other! Such a novel thing to do. 

Last I checked, anyway. Haven't been there for a while.

• http://www.randomwire.com/how-to-bypass-the-great-firewall-of-china

Curious that FB is blocked, because I've got some  Chinese exchange students as FB buddies. Probably means they're Taiwanese, then.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Welp, the screen on my laptop went out.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

welcome to my life, circa: last year

• edited 2012-05-27 08:48:50
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Something I really need to do in the next few years is figure out if I want to move to Sydney or Melbourne.

At the moment, I'm trying to build my skillset and such, which I'm doing via work experience (and hopefully getting a casual job at the library afterwards) and volunteering at St. Vincent De Paul's (which I'm glad to do anyway because they're a great organization). Once I've got some actual experience working in retail and such, I want to look for a job in retail- just something basic, to pay the bills and stuff- in Melbourne or Sydney, and then move there.

That gets me away from Nan (and by extension, the last person in my family who can directly influence me through transphobia, assuming my brother doesn't take it badly), and it allows me to start building my life for myself again.

But where do I want to live. :|

ETA: My brother thinks Melbourne, as Sydney is 'a prick of a place'.

• Definitely not gay.

(Shadow Broker files on Illusive Man)

Sexual liaisons (past week):

-Sani Shelani, Illium Entertainment's Sexiest Human Alive

-Brooke Karrigar, Skyball Champion

-Vela Vicious, Fornax Dream Girl 2185

-Staci and Stephi Strong, the "Terra Firma Twins"

-Matriarch Trellani (twice)

And we all thought that Shepard was the galaxy's #1 playa

• Kichigai birthday!!

I was thinking about watching Summer Wars or The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Which one is better?

The girl whoo fought in the summer wars is pretty good

• Haven't seen Summer Wars, so I can't really compare the two.  The Girl Who Leapt Through Time was pretty good, but as anime movies go there are plenty that are a lot better.  Akira, anything by Satoshi Kon, etc.

Conversely, I've only seen Summer Wars which was OK-ish besides a rather strong start, in my opinion.

• edited 2012-05-27 11:43:34

Incidentally, my school had a showing of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time a few weeks ago.  The flyers they put up for it were kind of hilarious.  Whoever made them typed the title as just "The Girl Who Leapt" and so they had to write in "Through Time" by hand.  And instead of actually using artwork from the movie for the flyer they just had someone draw something vaguely anime-ish which resulted in some really awful art that didn't have anything to do with the movie.  It actually took me a few minutes to even figure out that the flyer was talking about The Girl Who Leapt Through Time at all.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Good news: I found a box of Cheez-Its in my pantry.

Bad news: they expired three years ago.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    foo foo cuddlypoops

best name for anything ever
  • I'm craving jalapeño or hot and spicy cheetos right now. Too bad they're not sold in Canada.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    man

i kick ass at clue

I am to have a second block of work experience with the local university's library in September, for two weeks, 9-5 hours

wooo

best of luck tiny person

also pony tails feel weeeeeeeird

• but they're so smexy.

that's why i'm keeping it

• I didn't know guys wore ponytails, although admittedly I haven't met any who ever have.