If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-05-15 15:31:12
    Has friends besides tanks now

It would be kinda depressing to see lots of former tryhards walking with their heads down low because they failed all those tests they eagerly signed up for.

Then again, I think it's an almost equally depressing thought that the national average on these tests is a 3, which indicates answering roughly a third of the exam correctly.

And I feel weird knowing that that 5 I got on the Lang and Comp exam last year might only mean I hit 2 for 3.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I only took one AP test. Even though I've taken... six? AP classes in high school. It was Biology, sophomore year, and I got a 5.
  • >40-ish Facebook acquintance ask why he constantly gets rejected

>Rest of his bros use romanticized platitudes

Time to fire up the Nice Guy Syndrome rants. :3

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

My newspaper just told me only 20% of Polish fifteen-year-olds engage regularly in sexual activity. Heh heh, only. We're like the most wholesome of Europe, with only the every fifth of our kids fucking like rabbits. Heh heh, I guess, it means we're behind-the-times, retarded, not cool backwater or something... Okay, it wasn't really written "regularly" in that article, whatever. Mweh heh heh *SNORT*, yeah, heh heh, I guess I'm a prude. You may throw stones now.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I only took one AP test. Even though I've taken... six? AP classes in high school. It was Biology, sophomore year, and I got a 5.

I remember being ticked off that my school didn't take it upon itself to better inform my class that it could take Honors Bio as freshmen, but now that I think about it, I hated Bio, so it might be for the best. Then again, I was a relatively hard-working student at that point, so I might have done better in that class, and others to follow.

I take it you couldn't take the rest due to health issues? Or was it just optional for your school, and you decided not to take some of them? My school makes us take the exams for our AP classes, as well as pay out of our own pockets.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Reading about things like the Hundred Years' War, I can't help but wonder why people think that choosing leaders by inheritance is a good idea

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, health reasons. My headaches hit in February of my Junior year, so I had to drop down to lower levels of the four AP classes I was in so that I would have less work to make up.

And then in my senior year, I started AP physics, but then I realized what a stupid fucking idea that was and dropped out.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

And then in my senior year, I started AP physics, but then I realized what a stupid fucking idea that was and dropped out.

That was, indeed, a good idea. The test was stupidly hard this year. Or at least, the free response section was.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Reading about things like the Hundred Years' War, I can't help but wonder why people think that choosing leaders by inheritance is a good idea

Seeing things like Bush administration and the current fiasco with congress I can't help but wonder why people think that choosing leaders by popularity contest is a good idea.

• You can change. You can.

i tell ya man, total anarchy is the way to go. 

let's just turn this whole world in a fucking jungle

that'll be plenty enjoyable

• I'mma get started on my treehouse.

• edited 2012-05-15 15:47:09
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ we can have fun and games
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Fucking jungle is a jungle where fucking is done, or the jungle that fucks? Because the latter may be less than pleasant.

we can have fun and games

also, the grass will be green and the girls will be pretty

booooooo

I'd join in, but then they'd be Out Ta Get Me.

Actually, the jungle sounds like too much work. Let's just take a road trip to Paradise City.

Can I bring My Michelle?

As long as we can stop and give Mr. Brownstone a ride.
  • edited 2012-05-15 15:57:12
    a little muffled

@ninjaclown:

Are there any series you guys know that are able to handle multiple characters and or multiple plotlines successfully?
    What exactly do you mean by this? Just things that switch perspectives a bunch or what?

Also, I think I'm going to stay Iron Man for a while even though everyone else is switching.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

>Reading about things like the Hundred Years' War, I can't help but wonder why people think that choosing leaders by inheritance is a good idea

Seeing things like Bush administration and the current fiasco with congress I can't help but wonder why people think that choosing leaders by popularity contest is a good idea.

I feel as though I should have something to say about these two statements, but I'm just drawing blanks.

Carry on.

So are we going to ask the Rocket Queen for a ride?

What? No, you're crazy.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I'd say there is not way to choose leaders that leaves the best possible ruler be unless that same ruler wants to be a ruler, which would be disqualifying that same person anyway.

Guess we'll take the night train, then

• edited 2012-05-15 16:09:43

Are there any series you guys know that are able to handle multiple characters and or multiple plotlines successfully?

Baccano!

^^ I'm not sure it's so easy to get a ticket.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ I've said this a few times, but all of you people should probably watch Baccano!

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Durarara!! as well.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Glenn, please don't do this. Thinking like this--defining modhood as being apart from and opposed to users as a whole--is a really quick way to ruin a site for everyone, especially yourself.

You're right, that was a bad move on my part.

For what it's worth, I wasn't meaning to define modhood as being apart from the userbase.  I was actually thinking about the underlying conflict between those of us who want to discuss TVT issues as opposed to those of us who have really strong feelings about them and those of us who would rather not hear any more of them.

I was actually thinking of awkwardly editing an apology into that, before you even commented, but then the conversation had moved on so I thought maybe it was best to let sleeping dogs lie, but I guess it wasn't asleep yet.

Well, the dog has now been edited out.

...cripes, now this post sounds vaguely suggestive of animal abuse.  My messaging skills are crap today.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Nah, Durarara doesn't because it is too many plotlines and it tries to actually make us care about characters. Baccano gets by because the cast are a series of entertaining cardboard cutouts who have just enough depth to be fun. Focusing on them any longer or trying to make us care about them more than their immediate situations would have made Baccano a trainwreck.