If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Also, I felt the best part of Sky Girls was the slice-of-life aspect and just how adorable the characters were.

Which is what I meant by "K-ON! with mechs"

Also, God damn it, I rewatched Madoka on a whim last night and I liked it.  A lot, even.  It was, like... a good show Jesus Christ that actually bothers me.  You know what bothers me the most about it though?  That it means I'm going to have to spend over $200 buying the limited edition DVD/BDs.  The only things that I still really don't like about the show are Kyouko's constant eating and Chiwa Saitou as Homura.  Although in the latter case I know why they cast her and she did a very good job for that purpose, but I think her voice was kind of unfitting for the rest of the show.

Somewhat more importantly, it's a little bothersome that I can't really spend much time on the internet right now, because it means I can't read this forum very thoroughly.  Fortunately, summer break starts mid-next-week, so I'll have consistent computer access after that I guess.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Why can't you just buy cheaper versions of the DVDs or not buy them at all?

• They're somethin' else.

wow, Juan, I just found your tumblr XD

• You can change. You can.

hooray, another fan.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Hey Nova, could you send me that link from before?

• edited 2012-05-16 14:02:59

Why can't you just buy cheaper versions of the DVDs or not buy them at all?

That's silly.

Also, because I'm still a little disappointed I wasn't able to get the limited edition version of Oreimo, since apparently when Aniplex makes a limited edition release it's actually, like, limited.  Not that the two shows have anything to do with one another other than me apparently liking them.

And I apparently might actually be making money this summer (that is, not from my parents), so if that's the case then I don't particularly mind spending it on something like that.

• No rainbow star
    People say that the wizards in the Harry Potter universe only learn magical stuff. That makes no sense to me. I think they just skip over the boring stuff

For example, in later year's classes I'm sure Snape covers some harder math and chemistry so students can get better potions (not to mention that some potions in the books seem finicky and would benefit greatly from things like titration and knowing how to calculate concentration, which certainly requires math harder than addition and subtraction)

I could understand the wizarding world skipping any science revolving around knowledge of physics because, uh, magic. Biology seems like something that would be covered (at least the basics) in the magical beasts class (I could once again understand skipping some of the more advanced stuff because things like unicorn blood and threstals seem to completely ignore anything established by science)

Anything like computers is obviously skipped as the magic seems to fuck with it (and is probably where that whole, "Hah we're way smarter than them in terms of knowing how the world works" comes from)

There's also how some wizards have family members that are doctors, electricians, scientists, and so on. I'm sure they've met friends of their magical relatives and pointed out some things (eg "Don't you guys do things like use control groups?")

Did I just go on a rant about Harry Potter?
  • edited 2012-05-16 15:00:50
    Has friends besides tanks now
    No more AP tests for me (just tooks Stats, which was super easy). So, mentally, I'm quite done with Maine at this point. Time to start catching up on shit.

wait no that's silly, i still have to play at a music festival on saturday
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

So, I just ordered Tales of Symphonia from Amazon UK. Apparently it's discontinued, which I guess ought not to come as a surprise, but it's a very well-regarded game. In any case, I managed to nab a used copy, because I'm not willing to pay 129 quid for it -- that's something like $250 AUD for a previous generation game. Amazon US had it for less than $100, which translates pretty close to $100 AUD. I would have paid that if it weren't in NTSC format. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I remember thinking AP Stats was super-easy and then getting a 4.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So David Nutter of Game of Thrones will be directing the Green Arrow tv show. Huh.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

So this happened.

now to sit back and watch the flames

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    133576423737.gif
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

While you're celebrating, give this a look over

I'm going to have to agree with the sentiment that without seeing the lineup, this news isn't very helpful. 

• edited 2012-05-16 18:00:02
    a little muffled

So I just watched the first episode of Baccano! and I can safely say I have no idea what just happened or what this show is about. I'm told that's normal, though.

I don't know what I think of the dub. It's well-liked, but I found it a bit eh. It's been a while since I've watched dubbed anime; maybe I've just got to get used to the unavoidable slight awkwardness of dubbing again. I'm kinda stuck with it since despite the torrent's claims of being dual-audio, it is most definitely dub only.

So, I have to review a movie for most applications to film schools abroad I've found. I decided to check AFI's 100 movies list, roll a d100 and just see what I'm going for.

Got Star Wars. 

...i think i'll reroll.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

The Super Mario Bros. movie. 

Do it. 

no fuck you, i'd sooner review blackula

...hmmm

• edited 2012-05-16 18:13:40
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ Speaking of which, choose a Hammer Horror and run with it. 

^ Frankly, I'd have no idea. But it might be a good call. I, however, am no doctor. 

Come let me regale you with tales of how I continue to be a barely functioning human being. Decide to do laundry since the only clean clothes I have left are pajamas. Try to take laundry down only to discover that the elevators in my building have stopped working and I must traverse seven flights of stares in my pajamas carrying a hamper's worth of dirty laundry. 

>no fuck you, i'd sooner review blackula

Are you saying Blackula isn't a masterpiece of cinema?

Because it sounds like that's what you're saying.

nope, i'm just saying, it's a better choice than the Mario movie.

This is also absolutely true.

Review Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3.

"So, the turtles are named after rennaisance painters. I am to assume that what the director of this movie means with that is he sees killing as an art. Therefore, TMNT encourages killing"

how wrong am i doing it

Perfectly. Now get to the homoerotic themes of them switching bodies with samurai.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hey Nova, could you send me that link from before?

sure

People say that the wizards in the Harry Potter universe only learn magical stuff. That makes no sense to me. I think they just skip over the boring stuff

they don't 'only' learn magical stuff, but if they did learn anything besides what's in the book, then they should at least mention it, else as far as i'm concerned, it doesn't exist.

And considering how dense wizards have been often acknowledged to be...

I mean the only class tangentially related to mathematics (arithmancy) is an optional class.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

so does anyone else here have tumblr

that i'm not already following