If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

if money were not an issue, i'd be a nomad, man. fuck setlling in one place. just travel the world, meet new people, etc

if money were not an issue

yes, that is a submarine house

• edited 2012-05-03 02:42:58
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

If money was not an issue and humanity had mastered nuclear fusion power, I would get myself a giant airship that ultimately ran on nothing but hydrogen or deuterium.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

A NYC Taxi driver wrote:

I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes I honked again. Since this was going to be my last ride of my shift I thought about just driving away, but instead I put the car in park and walked up to the door and knocked.. 'Just a minute', answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.

After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets.

There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard
    box filled with photos and glassware.

'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.

She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb.

She kept thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing', I told her.. 'I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother to be treated.'

'Oh, you're such a good boy, she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked, 'Could you drive
    through downtown?'

'It's not the shortest way,' I answered quickly..

'Oh, I don't mind,' she said. 'I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice.

I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. 'I don't have any family left,' she continued in a soft voice..'The doctor says I don't have very long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.

'What route would you like me to take?' I asked.

For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.

We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.

Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, 'I'm tired.Let's go now'.
    We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.

Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move.
    They must have been expecting her.

I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

'How much do I owe you?' She asked, reaching into her purse.

'Nothing,' I said

'You have to make a living,' she answered.

'There are other passengers,' I responded.

Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug.She held onto me tightly.

'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said. 'Thank you.'

I squeezed her hand, and then walked into the dim morning light.. Behind me, a door shut.It was the sound of the closing of a life..

I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day,I could hardly talk.What if that woman had gotten an angry driver,or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life.

facebook story

• You can change. You can.

cute

• edited 2012-05-03 03:04:24
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

If money were not an issue... I'd just stay in Germany.

But I'd probably be even more of a lazy bum.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

↑ Are you saying your money woes may force you to move to another country?

If so, then why and which country?

Pretty sure he's saying that he'd use the money instead of getting a job, or somethin', rather than go travelling.

• edited 2012-05-03 03:19:46
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

No, I'm just saying that nothing will change, whether money is or is not an issue. Only that I will become lazier.

^ This pretty much.

Of course, even if money is not an issue, it can become an issue sometime, so I'd probably try to get a job anyway.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Oh, alright. Nevermind.

This has given me a thread idea, though...

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Geez, I can't believe I made an account at BTL and even posted something yesterday. I guess I got caught up in the heat of... things.

• edited 2012-05-03 05:08:30
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Just saw this floating around Tumblr:

This track here is not a song, nor a tune. It is a sound. A sound compiled by satanists in the early 12th century to open a door to hell to willingly given their souls to Lucifer. A sound used in 13th centure Europe during Excorisms to open the gates of hell in order to send the demon within someone back to its origins. This track is a danger to play for when it opens the gates of hell, it allows demons to enter wherever you are. Play at your own risk!!! There are certain “safe” zone where this track will not play at all and these zones are usually holy places such as churches where demons would not dare to lurk.

The "sound" turned out to be Conga by Gloria Estefan.

Sounds accurate.

hot chocolate is like nirvana for my throat

Oi, glora estefan is awesome, fuck all y'all

• edited 2012-05-03 09:08:47
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

You guys hate Conga? Wait a second, that's not a Gloria Stefan song, that's a Miami Sound Machine song!

Uncultured mongrels.

vamos, vandro, no te juntes con esta chusma

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

CHUSMA CHUSMA *RASPBERRY*

• Donkey Kong Country 2 soundtrack

y u so awesome

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ Klubba's theme go go go

America was built on immigrants!

If horror movies are to be believed, it was, in fact, built on natives.

Both true.

That's why they keep on finding random and ruins gravesites when laying foundations.

Okay, fine, they don't find them all the time; it's just that one pops up in the news every so often.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-05-03 10:12:00

I'm comparing the original soundtrack with the OC Remix album.

So far, the most similar remixes are Stickerbrush Symphony and Bramble Reprise, while the two most... different ones are Klubba's Reveille and Club Klubba. It's kind of cool how they can be so different, yet have some similarities to keep it recognizable.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Filled out the sides of my bag. It has 793 rings at the moment. Just need to ad four more rows, some tabs and the drawstring. That's around another 190 rings.
  • if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Re: Immigration

Serbia is so fucked up to the point that over 50% of young people my age claim that they wish to leave the country after they finish their education. I am also considering that option, but I still feel way too strong ties to this place to do something like that. Literally everything I care for is here. The thing that I would miss the most is the cuisine, to be honest. But still there are a shitton of Serbian restaurants in Western Europe and an ocassional one in major US and Canadian cities, so that may be a good compensation.

But the one thing that I could never get over is the prospect of not getting to eat my mama's food ever again.

• I just realized that I only have about two weeks left if I want to get anything done in my free time before Diablo 3 comes out. Panic ensued.

• Definitely not gay.

Hey guys, I just found out that Lovecraft was a humongous racist.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Really? Just now?

One of his most famous stories is about how interracial marriage is evil.
  • edited 2012-05-03 12:09:38
    Definitely not gay.

Shadow over Innsmouth?

Yeah, looking back it was a pretty unsubtle tract against mixed-race peoples.

DON'T BREED WITH THE FILTHY IMMI-I mean FISH PEOPLE

• edited 2012-05-03 12:12:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah...:/

I think he also wrote a story (that I don't know the title of, or any of the rest of the plot, actually) where the shocking, terrifying reveal at the end was that one of the characters had a black ancestor.

• ^ He did. Can't remember the name of it at the moment, but it's in one of the collections of his work I own.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Yeah, let's not forget the cat with the terrible name.

• Has friends besides tanks now

^ Ah, yeah.

The title of the story was "The Horror at Red Hook", I think. It's in the collection I have.