If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Maybe if she'd had anything resembling a personality.

but...she was all sassy and british and...ok, i see where you're coming from. 

It's not that it got silly in and of itself, so much as that there's no buildup. There's just suddenly a GIANT FLYING FORTRESS OF DEATH.

What I meant is simply that people say shit like "This was a realistic war movie and suddenly, Hydra has technology to rival our own technology. It doesn't make sense" and I can't help but think "Dude. Captain America is all about the nazis being like super advanced and punching hitler in the face"

• edited 2012-05-02 12:01:53
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Well, see, the framing device of the series is that he then sits down to tell his entire life story. So there are bits where he's an innkeeper in his twenties, but that's just a few pages here and there where it cuts to some event happening in the inn or them discussing the story, and even then, small village innkeeper =/= lots and lots of sex.

What I meant is simply that people say shit like "This was a realistic war movie and suddenly, Hydra has technology to rival our own technology. It doesn't make sense" and I can't help but think "Dude. Captain America is all about the nazis being like super advanced and punching hitler in the face"

How are people even surprised by that? The super Nazi science shows up before any semblance of realism shows up.

• edited 2012-05-02 12:03:32
    You can change. You can.

Well, it's more like they think that the stuff not related to the cube (Like, say, Red Skull's gigantic plane of doooooooooooom) doesn't fit the feel of the movie. 

• edited 2012-05-02 12:07:24
    We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.

I was under the impression that it was implied that they made all the crazy technology by reverse-engineering the properties of the cube.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I see where they're coming from on that point, but my problem was that they just didn't build up to the plane at all.

• You can change. You can.

I was under the impression that it was implied that they made all the crazy technology by reverse-engineering the properties of the cube.

That would be indeed correct, but it's a conclusion that most don't reach. Regardless, harnessing the cube's energy still involve a shitton of crazy science that they had to perform before getting it in the first place. So either way, it's an stupid complaint.

I see where they're coming from on that point, but my problem was that they just didn't build up to the plane at all.

Maybe it's just me but I kinda didn't see the need for buildup there. I mean, comics' nazis are supposedly time shifted 21 century dudes who get to build and design all sorts of crazy shit. Plane seemed legit to me considering that.

Maybe it's just me but I kinda didn't see the need for buildup there. I mean, comics' nazis are supposedly time shifted 21 century dudes who get to build and design all sorts of crazy shit. Plane seemed legit to me considering that.

That's a fair point, but I felt like it was just bad form not to build up to it.

Anyway, in other news, sale of Xbox 360s, Windows 7 discs, and the digital distribution of Internet Explorer and  Windows Media Player are now all illegal in Germany thanks to a patent lawsuit by Motorola.

• edited 2012-05-02 12:17:19

Also, wasn't Hydra described as the Nazis' Mad Science Division in the movie?

^ Well, ain't that some bullshit.

Well, ain't that some bullshit.

Well, given that all of those were infringing on at least four Motorola patents...it might be a case of patent trolling, in which case, yeah. But if not...well, regardless, Microsoft is in some trouble right now.

• I am still pissed off over what my mom did last night. She went on a stupid rant about money and that buying online will somehow summon people to kill or some insane bullshit like that then bitched to her friend on the phone about it too.

Also, I'm suicidal again. Shouldn't come as a surprise.

• edited 2012-05-02 12:52:59
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Had a brief discussion with my mother on her own, personal theological beliefs that she appears to hold, even though she nominally identifies as an Orthodox Christian.

What she claimed to believe in appears to be a weird combination of Arianism, Catharism, New Age and H. P. Lovecraft. Still, it makes more sense than most mainstream religions, to be perfectly honest.

• Champion of the Whales

Guess which country has been pushing spending cuts to 24 other countries...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Poland?

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

And yet, all I can think is "Huh, did unemployment in Germany actually go down?"

• Champion of the Whales

Poland?

Close but no cigar

That was kind of a joke, but based on Poland's having the highest percentage GDP change.

• edited 2012-05-02 14:15:28
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Germany, duh.

Also:

"Any man with an infected penis is unclean, whether it is stopped up or keeps dripping. Anything that he rests on or sits on is also unclean,  and if you touch either these or him, you must wash your clothes and take a bath, but you still remain unclean until evening." Leviticus 15: 2-7

• Champion of the Whales

I know :p but there seems to be only one country doing okay out of this crisis. Now here at Whalefish Enterprises we would never suggest that anyone is using the crisis to make sure that their country is profiting at the expense of others but the evidence is pretty damming

^^ Clearly, we should not let kids read about these things.

...yeah, if you gave me that to read when I was like 10 years old, I would have no freaking idea what it meant anyway.  And I would just go back to obsessing over whatever TV show I'd watched that Saturday morning.

• Hey people.   What's a good anime series that's on Youtube or Netflix?  Since currently my only way to watch animu is on my Xbox 360 since my computer's unusable (and I've seen everything I have on DVD), and I'm way too much of a weeaboo to just, like, not watch anime.

Darker than Black.

• edited 2012-05-02 15:43:09

The English dub of Berserk is on Youtube.

• Kichigai birthday!!

^^^

Chargeman Ken

• edited 2012-05-02 15:54:12

Darker than Black sounds... like I'll consider it.  Berserk, not so much.

Full Metal Panic is apparently on Netflix though, and I want to watch that so I can watch Fumoffu because KyoAni.  So I might watch that instead...

Well, I'll think about it I guess.

^ Damn it, how could I forget! :p

• edited 2012-05-02 16:05:21
    a little muffled

Darker than Black.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.

All of Fist Of The North Star is on Hulu, too.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Baccano, and nthing Darker Than Black.

• edited 2012-05-02 16:14:58

^^ On one hand, I want to watch Fist of the North Star because omae wa mou shindeiru.  On the other hand, I tried to watch the movie and I thought it was pretty bad... >.>

In any case, I don't know if I have Hulu on the 360.  I don't have Hulu Plus, which I think I need to use it on a 360.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.

I haven't seen the movie, so I can't give input, but the show's a ton of fun.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    why do I have Walk Through The Fire stuck in my head

what are you doing brain, I haven't seen that episode in almost a year