If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• ^^^^, ^^^...I hate you all.

• edited 2012-04-15 20:31:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The other thing I have to ask is, if Alduin is an avatar of Akatosh, why does Akatosh show up to help the races of Mundus in Oblivion?

Oh, wait, did you think I thought he actually was Akatosh? No, I'm just saying that he claimed to be Akatosh when he was doing the whole reign of terror thing. There's no way he actually is.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Oh, wait, did you think I thought he actually was Akatosh? No, I'm just saying that he claimed to be Akatosh when he was doing the whole reign of terror thing. There's no way he actually is.

Oh. Well, in that case, I can definitely agree with you.

Alduin was a Great Dragon, but not the Great Dragon. However, I think it's pretty likely that he was deliberately causing a link between Akatosh and himself in the minds of both the Dragons and the people of Skyrim.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Sounds right.

BTW, while we're on the subject, does anyone know how Argonians and Khajiit fit into the Monomyth? IIRC, it doesn't mention their origins at all, and that's bugging me.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

They don't, yet.

I theorize that they will show up as the focus of future games.

• edited 2012-04-15 20:51:15
    Has friends besides tanks now

@CountryPumpkin: There are 959(!!!!) users registered here, but as you know by now, the number of legitimate, active users is a teensy tiny fraction of that.

Okay, just wanted to make sure.

I really want TESVI to be in Elsweyr. Apparently they have giant walking trees with cities built into them.

• You can change. You can.

there are only ~30 users who i'd say are active, now that i think about it.

and i think i might be stretching the term there.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I don't know if I could even guess how many are active. I also have no idea what the exact statistics are on reasons why any number of accounts are inactive; how many were bans, how many left due to disinterest, how many are sockpuppets, etc.

I really want TESVI to be in Elsweyr. Apparently they have giant walking trees with cities built into them.

Apparently, the Black Marsh has Swamp Leviathins, soooo

Ooh, that'd be cool too.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Wow, I figured the number would be around 100 or so. Does that include banned users or no?

Yes, as well as sockpuppets.

Ooh, that'd be cool too.

However, my real hope for the next Elder Scrolls game is to play as an Altmer. Causing a rebellion to rise up within the Alldmeri Dominion and help the Dovahkiin to overthrow the Thalmor.

• I really need to go and read the Monomyth.

Personally I want to learn more about the Dwemer, learn what happened to them.

Or wipe out the Falmer, that'd work too. Wonder if they'll do an expansion pack for Skyrim/when the DLC will start coming out...

• edited 2012-04-15 22:02:02
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Personally I want to learn more about the Dwemer, learn what happened to them.

As far as I can tell, they were planning to like, melt themselves into magic then build themselves into a golem.

• I'm believe it had something to do with the Numidium. The prevailing theory seems to be that the Dwemer built the Numidium, their own God, and when it was activated the actual Gods destroyed them for it, or a Dragon Break occurred (or Akatosh did it on purpose) and the entire race was displaced through time as a result.

I'm believe it had something to do with the Numidium.

The Numidium is the golem :P

That's one theory. The other one I heard is that they wanted to destroy their physical selves and turn their souls into gods or something. If so, they succeeded in the first half, but nobody's sure how the second half went.

• edited 2012-04-15 22:16:06

The Numidium is the golem :P

I'm aware. Tiber Septim used it to crush the Aldmeri Dominion at the end of the Second Era, if I recall, and it was very important in Daggerfall.

I never did play Daggerfall (though I'm vaguely aware of the Warp in the West and how time just sort of stopped working properly because loldragonbreak) though; what happened to the Numidium?

I think it was destroyed.

• It's a bizarre feeling to be graduating, since it leaves me feeling simultaneously excited and depressed. Excited because I'm finally done slaving away at courses and I'm looking forward to doing "real" things. Depressed because after graduation, what's next?

• edited 2012-04-15 22:41:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Congratulations.  I hope you don't suffer the fate of spending a few years of wandering the academic desert trying to change one's specialization, temporarily finding a master's degree as an oasis, and accumulating a bunch of student loan debt in the process.

Well, okay, it wasn't all bad.  Part of that fate might involve discovering a site like TV Tropes, and its accompanying community.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Two Best Friends Play: Metal Wolf Chaos

The episode that had to happen. 

• edited 2012-04-15 23:09:24

"temporarily finding a master's degree as an oasis"

Actually, a lot of the areas I'm interested in require a Master's degree, and it's good to have a more complete knowledge background.

"and accumulating a bunch of student loan debt in the process."

So happy I've been saving up summer job money. I've said it many times, but I think it's cruel for anyone to graduate with mountains of debt.

"Well, okay, it wasn't all bad. Part of that fate might involve discovering a site like TV Tropes, and its accompanying community."

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What field are you looking into working in professionally or studying further in?

And what field is your bachelor's degree in?

• Eng. Phys. Quite a few areas you can take it: nanoscale transistors, solar cells, integrated circuits, virtually anything related to semiconductors.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I like Skull girls but I FUCKING HATE MARIE.

• >Still homeless

>Need to go to work

>No real fucking clue where I am.