If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-03-27 19:04:06

^^#1 and 3# really annoy me too. Because they assume that Men really aren't capable of thinking without their dicks and everything men have done ever has been to get tail and everything else is a smokescreen.

Yup, David Wong's tendency to project himself onto society is particularly bad there.

Also, #2 doesn't make sense to me.

What doesn't make sense to me is how women are to blame (justifiably or otherwise) on how society isn't like primary school.

Only skimmed the article, but it sounds like a mea culpa case. Which is really annoying since it shifts the focus away from the underprivileged.

I think I'd like it more if it sounded more like mea culpa. To me it comes off as playing being a victim of circumstances (when he doesn't come off as a bad sociologist, anyway).

Edit: Grammar.

• "Of course, Wong's point here is that this happens to a kid in his childhood, but...well, the thing is, you're not a kid forever. When you grow up, the world challenges these theories. You realize sooner rather than later that women are not coming after you or that your best friend of the opposite sex is not jumping your bones simply because she's not interested and that you're not entitled to having sex with her because of the way they act and so on. You have to be incredibly unselfaware to not notice it at some point or another, I think."

I don't think it's so much self-awareness as much as it is outer awareness, namely empathy and critical thinking. Generally, colloquial nice guys result from an "It's all about me" attitude.

"I think I'd like it more if it sounded more like mea culpa. To me it comes off as playing being a victim of circumstances (when it doesn't come off as a bad sociologist, anyway)."

Well, in that case, he certainly doesn't sound like a pleasant chap. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ok no, I'm not going to finish the liveblog of justice tonight because I don't want to torture myself.

• You can change. You can.

I don't want to torture myself

we have made some progress here tonight, folks.

says the man egging me on to do the liveblog.

No, instead I'm torturing myself with A:tLA prequel fanfic writing.

says the man egging me on to do the liveblog.

well, yeah, but that's because your suffering amuses me. We've been through this. I like you and I consider you a friend, if a bit of a distant one, but your suffering is the thing I care first and foremost

No, instead I'm torturing myself with A:tLA prequel fanfic writing.

well, fine, be that way

• Wong just seems slimy to me in general, everything he does feels insincere or that he has an ulterior motive. Like what's up with his surname?

Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

I wouldn't say that he's insincere or has an ulterior motive. He just has a rather...naive way of seeing the world and lousy arguments to try and back it up, really.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

instead I'm torturing myself with A:tLA prequel fanfic writing.

That's not torture, that's outright death by electrocution.

• I still don't get why a white guy would adopt a Chinese surname for a pseudonym.

^Wait, really. AHAHAHHAHAHA OH WOW.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Until the end of the electoral campaign, our government has decided to ban "Insider", a long-running television documentary series dedicated to uncovering and reporting on unsavory things going on in Serbian politics and society.

Fuck Serbia, seriously. I still don't know who to vote for when every single party make me want to puke.

• edited 2012-03-27 20:08:01
    a little muffled

I still don't get why a white guy would adopt a Chinese surname for a pseudonym.

I don't see what's so wrong with that tbh.

gonna agree with Nyktos on this one.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I don't see anything wrong with it, but find it kind of puzzling, since it's a very... plain name.

Well, I initially assumed he was Chinese, so my presumption is that he takes the surname to cause the assumption.

Don't know him personally though, so can't say for certain.

Well, there's that. I just thought he liked the name. I mean, a lot of pseudonyms are basically, "I like how this name sounds" or injokes.

• There's nothing inherently wrong, but it's odd because of what Malk said.

• a little muffled

Well, I initially assumed he was Chinese, so my presumption is that he takes the surname to cause the assumption.

Like that one episode of Seinfeld?

• I'm a damn twisted person

So do you guys assume I'm a bird?

• edited 2012-03-27 20:39:36
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Actually I assumed for awhile that you were a sexy spear-wielding elf.

"that you a sexy spear-wielding elf"

i think you accidentally a verb there, malk

either way, people assume i'm latin, so i guess it's not an entirely illogical thought process.

People assume I'm a mad vampire which is half-right I guess.

you're a vampire?

Why do you think I always sleep during the day?

• a little muffled

I wonder if anyone assumes anything from "Nyktos".

• You like a vaguely Greek sounding username? Though to be honest, I don't know what it means.

• So, apparently Korra debuts on April 14.

An awesome birthday present if I say so myself.
  • a little muffled

@Abyss_Worm: It was inspired by the word "nyctophobia", so the Greek root there means "night". It was meant to be some kind of badass-sounding fantasy version of my actual name Nick. It's also an extinct Australian mammal.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Could I ask a question (in PMs) of someone who's, like, been with a girl/girls before? It's about that prom situation again, and my friends aren't exactly reliable for answers on stuff like this.